• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Monitor for X320

Proarc

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2010
North FL
Just got a X320 thermal spotter. It comes with a cord so you can hook up a monitor for viewing. The plug in to the monitor is a common SD plug.
What small battery powered monitor can I use to view in the field? I would like to have the spotter tripod mounted and aimed at hog bait, but be able to sit back and see a small screen instaed of holding the spotter up all the time. This would also leave hands free for weapon use. Maybe something like a 10-12 inch screen? But still light enough to carry out.

Went to Radio Shack and Electronics warehouse with no luck.

Greg

I'll comment on expirence with X320: I feel it's the best bang of the buck, yea 320x240 isn't the best core out there, but man it does a fine job and leaps above other thermal eyes in clarity and resolution for the money. A better way to say this is, it fits my style of hunting the best! Most property we hunt you can't see 500 yds in either direction. However if needed I can see cow and horses 500 + yds out there and ID them do mannerism (watch head go up/down). Also scanning fields by vehicle or mobile device it's not near as grainy and refreshes way faster. Boot up time is quicker and has 5 heat pallets to choose from.

How are you liking your x320? I just got mine but haven't had it out to hunt with yet.

I also have the MTM so I knew this would not be as good, But a pleasant surprise is I can still find critters with no problem.
I watched a humming bird this afternoon, that had to be some kind of test. I like the crosshairs and temp indicator so you can determine false targets.
The more I use it the better I can understand what I see. At the price they sell for I am more likely to throw it in the truck and use it and not leave it in the safe.
Would defiantly buy another one if needed.

Hope to get a monitor hooked up to it and see how that works.

Cool. Let me know what you figure out on that monitor. I'm thinking about mounting a monitor in my ranger that I can hook up to the thermal.

I use a 12volt Safety Vision High Definition Color Monitor with my FLIR M-324XP, it is totally mil-spec waterproof, dust and mud proof, vibration proof, etc, I spray it off with a hose when it is covered with mud:

Cab%20Interior.jpg

LCD%20Color%20Monitor.jpg

Products Safety Vision

http://www.safetyvision.com/media/files/product/21ee716c/SV-LCD70RP.pdf

Skypup

Compared to my buddies stuff I feel I am on top of the wave, Then I see your post and I realize I have even left the beach yet!!

Keep posting, I will continue to try to paddle up

Every get over near K&M?

I use a 12volt Safety Vision High Definition Color Monitor with my FLIR M-324XP, it is totally mil-spec waterproof, dust and mud proof, vibration proof, etc, I spray it off with a hose when it is covered with mud:

Cab%20Interior.jpg

LCD%20Color%20Monitor.jpg

Products Safety Vision

http://www.safetyvision.com/media/files/product/21ee716c/SV-LCD70RP.pdf

What's "K&M" a management area?

I highly recommended that Safety Vision LCD, it is HD color and takes a licking and keeps on ticking....