• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

monopod for GAP-10 with Magpul PRS stock

twreit

Private
Minuteman
Sep 5, 2011
New Jersey
Hi,

I need some advice from You guys here with some experience, I would like to get an accushot monopod for My GAP10 with the PRS stock but I am a little concerned about the length of the monopod perhaps interfering with My grip position. I took the measurements that accushot recommended and I would need their longest monopod. I have a Long Range Accuracy tripod with the long legs. The position of the tripod I mostly use is one notch lower than being straight up at the lowest setting. Measuring the height to level from the rail on the stock is a little over 5 1/2" now when I measure, assuming where the monopod will be mounted to the rail folded when not in use it seems like it will be very close to the grip. I am used to My Desert Tech's monopod that is built in and drops straight down causing no interference whatsoever. What size do You think I should go with ? or are there any alternatives I am not aware of ? Also should I go with the rail mount or sling stud version for the PRS stock. Any help would really be appreciated guys, Thank You.

I run the short one on my DPMS 260/PRS stock/Harris6-9 for years now, wish i had the longer one.

You can purchase the long or short section separate if needed.

Attachments

• dpms 260 suppressed.jpg
    dpms 260 suppressed.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 21
On a Magpul PRS stock you will want the one that mounts to a rail section either the BT13-QK or BT31-QK. I have the BT13-QK and found it to work nicely with a Harris 9"-13" bipod.

If I am understanding your measurement description correctly the rail section of the PRS with the rifle on your tripod equals 5.5" If that is the case you would definately want the BT31-QK or possibly a 6" back well stuffed (Triad Tactical, Inc.*::*Red Tac Gear*::*Red Tac Gear Rear Bag).

B&T Ind. Accu-Shot Precision Monopod Review on an Accuracy International AE MkII - YouTube

I would go with the Rail mounted on the PRS stock. Its hard to say which length mono pod to use. Everyone holds their rifle up differently. I would say go with what ever is best when shooting from a flat surface lying prone and measure it up and go from there. I use a rear bag as opposed to a mono-pod. I have a few different small bags I can stack them if needed and you can always make a different thickness of bag by getting one of those wedged shaped rear bags. I hope this was helpful.