• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Montana X-Treme Rods

MAG00

Sergeant
Minuteman
Apr 9, 2012
NE Texas
Does anybody have experience with the Montana X-Treme cleaning rods? I'm in the market for a one piece quality cleaning rod and thought this looked like a good option. More expensive then the Deweys which I know have a good reputation, but I've heard these are stiffer and don't have problems with some the cleaning solutions. The Dewey website says to not use Montana X-Treme or TM by Sinclair solutions as they will eat at the rod coating.

Haven't seen much in them in doing a search. Are they fairly newer rods than others? Or do the other manufacturers just have more of the market share?

I gave up on Dewey a long time ago for the reason you mention. I am using all Tipton with no problems. I have looked the Montana Rods over and will purchase one next time around just to check them out.

Let us know what you end up with and a report

Switched from Dewey to Bore Tech rods and I've been very pleased. Since I clean primarily with Bore Tech products (Eliminator, Copper cleaner, Carbon cleaner, and the paste/gel) I decided to try their cleaning rods and I'm glad I did.

I've read a bunch of threads about Dewey and Tipton rods. Mainly looking for information on either the Montana X-Treme or Boretech rods please. Thanks.

I have no experience with Dewey or Tipton or anything else. I do won a Montana X-Treme and I love it. The handle on it is supper nice, very well made. All made in the USA right in good old "Mantana". I love mine.

Montana extreme cleaning rods are good to go, as for there cleaning products I stopped using them based on the amount of fumes alone truly insane, felt like I was going to blow my garage up even with the door all the way open and a fan going