• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Monthly Sporting Rifle match RATON NM

Re: Monthly Sporting Rifle match RATON NM

First time out this past weekend, what a blast this event is to shoot. I will be going back again.

as a first timer I learned alot from my fellow squad 3 members, thanks to all the guys in my squad for making this a fun event.

I hadn't shot this for nearly two years. Glad I could make it down. I forgot what a great match this is.

Nice shooting with you Tom.

Brian.

I am planning on going to the 338 match next weekend. Whos going? I would like to share or split a ride down from denver. I need to get out to do some load work up. I had to have a root canal done today so I did not make it out to the range yet. Chris

Where is the meet-up place for the MaY 20 .338 match?

I believe it's inside the WC main gate, but where?

The match is at the cannon range across from competitor housing . Don't have any more details yet other than set up will be Sun am and we will shoot after . Would expect start time to be 10am ish and set up around 8 ish . We're leaving straight from PWSA to go to NRAWC so hook up there and Mike can get You answers .

Talked with Mike , setup at 7 , sight in at 8 , and match start at 9 .

Cool. Pueblo Saturday and Raton Sunday.

I love it when a plan comes together.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Whats in pueblo, Prarie dog match??
</div></div>

Yep

Don't want to assume that the targets in the Magnum Match are KD like the regular Sporting Rifle Match.

So, are they KD or UKD?

Rules just say "600 to 2200" yards....

The match format will be similar to the PWSA and CRC matches just longer distance . The format isn't set in stone right now and there may be some glitches first time out the gate .

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: C Ward</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Talked with Mike , setup at 7 , sight in at 8 , and match start at 9 . </div></div>

And yet another awesome match put on by Chuck and Mike at The Whittington Center. I thought there would have been more people there... After all, shooting 338s past 1,000 yards at steel is a hell of a good time.

Tough shooting for sure. Shooting in a mirage boil all day.

Many congrats on the good shooting Chuck.

Cant wait for the next match.

DSC03103.jpg

DSC03105.jpg

DSC03106.jpg

DSC03114.jpg

DSC03108.jpg

DSC03107.jpg

In light of the drought and fires is this match still going to be held this coming weekend? Didn't know if there are any shooting restrictions on the area.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: deisel</div><div class="ubbcode-body">In light of the drought and fires is this match still going to be held this coming weekend? Didn't know if there are any shooting restrictions on the area. </div></div>

I was wondering the same thing, Buffalo Creek Gun Club up near Bailey has a ban on steel targets due to the fire danger.

So far there are no issues , Mike gets in contact with them Wed - Thu normally and I'll update when I know more .

I would like to go down this sunday early in the am. If anyone wants to wake up stupid early and share a ride down let me know. I could go down late saturday evening as well. Chris

Yet another fine SRM successfully in the books - thanks Mike, Chuck, and Michael for setting up and running. I think we had 44 shooters from at least 5 states - CO, WY, TX, AZ, NM. steve123 gets the long drive award.

A big thanks to Brad Peck who helped me out, the high temps really kicked my ass and had to call it after 9 stages, I was also fighting with high pressure with the ammo from the high temp's also broken extractor. It was fun until the heat was turned up!

What a fun match, Yep, I really like the SRM! It was well worth the long drive.

Nice seeing you SRM folks again! Hopefully we can make it out once more before the end of the year.

I had a blast, thanks for having us out and the hospitality. I will be back out this year. Great group of guys and gals. I learned some new excuses and will be using them in the future. It was a pleasure meeting all the regulars and especially Tom and Barry who we shot with, you guys made shooting in the heat a blast. We made it back in about 10 hours. Anybody see the results yet?

Busy week , results should be up this weekend some time .

I am planning on hitting the last 2 srm and 338 matches. Looking for someone from the denver area to share a ride with. I am good with going down either saturday or early sunday.

Brad,it was a pleasure to shoot with you and Steve.I would love to make it down to Flagstaff someday,espically for the night shoot.Hope to shoot with you again.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Cornbread</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Brad,it was a pleasure to shoot with you and Steve.I would love to make it down to Flagstaff someday,espically for the night shoot.Hope to shoot with you again. </div></div>

The pleasure was all mine. Some of us are coming back for the September match, I think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: maccrazy2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Crap I must of forgotten to total my score sheet from the last match. I am not on the results list. </div></div>

That may not be the case. Myself and one other guy on our squad were totaled but do not show on the results. I am sure they just got missed when they entered them.

Not sure what happened , I'll check the list when I get home tonight .

Correction, my name is not even on the list. Yours is on there but with no score. At least you are listed.

Waiting on the website to be updated , both scores slipped through some how . Summer is a busy time and since the webmaster is less than 2 weeks from running a national level match it may take a while .

No big deal. I looked back at my notebook for the match as i was keeping track of misses. I shot a 50. It is my best score at that match so far.

David,

Do you want to ride with me and Jake? We will leave Broomfield <noon.

Jeff

Big thanks to Mike and Chuck for putting on the match. Also thanks to everyone who helps to put up and take down the steel. It was a lot of fun and very challenging as usual.

Yea and everyone of us got beat by a girl.

Great shooting Jessie!! I enjoyed listening to steel ringing.
You are on fire and it was fun watching you shoot.
Good times as always.

If I was a betting man, I'd say it won't be long until Jessie matches or sets a course record there. She's always right there at the top with 56's and 57's....

Thank you guys! As always a fun time was had by all. Couldn't ask for a better group of friends to share in the fun :)

Thanks for the Range Card rmfield! After three matches, I think I know where all the targets are now. All I have to do now is shoot at the correct target, and make sure I dial the correct dope.

At least 2 of us coming up this weekend. Can somebody make sure the thermostat is turned down.