• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Monthly Sporting Rifle match RATON NM

I hear ya man, I had to bow out of the August match due to work. Be there in September though! That'll be a great practice session right before hunting season. Such a cool match.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
I've only been able to shoot one SRM this year due to my new work schedule. REALLY missing the rimfire match. It is superb. And I 'think' I got my 6GT dialed in pretty well too.
I shot my new 6GT in todays match and it was absolutely great. The 260 just might get a rest for awhile. Today was a little warm, but wind conditions were mild and we were able to finish up and be on the way home by 2:15. With the Wuhan virus, gas prices, component shortages, etc., it's very easy to get a spot in the SRM matches now. The Team Match is in 2 weeks and is the best match of the year (IMHO). After that there's only the September matches (Rimfire and regular SRM) due to the Whittington Center's "quiet time" before elk season.

SPORTING RIFLE MATCH 2023 SEASON
The Whittington Center has approved our match schedule for the 2023 season and it can be found for viewing or download on the match website. Generally speaking, all of the matches are on the first weekend of the month from February through September except for the 2-Day Team Match which is in the middle of August. The Regular Sporting Rifle Match is on Sundays and the Rimfire Match is on Saturday mornings starting in April. All matches are at the Whittington Center's Coal Canyon site near Raton, NM. Lots more info on the website.

Last edited:
Weather and conditions on the ground look good for the February 5 match. It looks like a high of 50 degrees and sunny at this point. It will be cool in the morning until the sun comes up over the hill, so we are delaying the start of the match until 9:00 AM. Sign-in and practice range range available from 8:00 AM until the shooters meeting at 8:45 AM. Plenty of spots still available.

The annual SRM Team Match is coming up on August 19-20 at the NRA Whittington Center in Raton, NM. It is a 2-day, 2-person team-match for AR15 and precision rifle using the basic Sporting Rifle Match format. Expect the same targets and shooting positions as the regular Sporting Rifle Match. On Saturday, one team member is designated the “AR15 shooter” and the other team member is designated the “precision rifle shooter”. On Sunday, the roles are reversed.
More info @ https://sportingriflematch.com/team-match/.

Attachments

• 20210821_103321.jpg
    20210821_103321.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 40
The 2024 schedule for the Sporting Rifle Match has been approved by the NRA Whittington Center is is available for viewing and download on our website sportingriflematch.com. This includes the regular Sporting Rifle Match as well as the rimfire matches and the team match.

We are proud to note that 2024 will be the 20th year of the Sporting Rifle Match!

Is there a sight in board there now? When I went in May last year to prep for the pro match the following weekend there wasn’t a sight in board.

Is there a sight in board there now? When I went in May last year to prep for the pro match the following weekend there wasn’t a sight in board.
We have sight in targets from 240 to 885 yards. We do have a target stand at 100 yards that shooters can put up paper before the range goes
hot.

Here are the yardages of the sight in targets

Screenshot 2024-02-16 at 5.12.45 PM.png