• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Moose Down in Caribou Hills, Alaska

LegioX

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 25, 2009
Alaska
Here's a few pics of my friends moose he got last week. He's a pretty mechanically minded guy as well as a consistent game getter. He used scaffolding poles to fabricate his lifting system. They are 42.5" long and store in a rack on his 6-wheeler.
After shooting his moose, he throws the frame together and as you can see, it works well. This bull was probably close to 1000 lbs on the hoof.

moosehunt2010006.jpg

moosehunt2010008.jpg

moosehunt2010012.jpg

moosehunt2010014.jpg

genpull002.jpg

Re: Moose Down in Caribou Hills, Alaska

That's awesome! Great job on the kill and hanger.

I have beeen to the Hills many times on snow machine trips, never hunting. Awesome place to ride!

Now thats the way to do it! Nice moose and neat pictures.

That man has it all figured out! Sure beats the way I've been doing it...

Something is very wrong here:

moose down in Caribou Hills

No more pictures please, wife and I are starting to argue often, I want to go home, she loves it here.

We scored a moose yesterday as well...Means good eating for a while!

seeing the title, i thought, now the fun part starts. but your buddy definatly figured that one out.
one question though, who stood guard? alaska,night, fresh blood, seems perfect for drawing in a bear or wolves or chupicabras...--cam

Camera man = guard, carrying a 375 H&H.
smile.gif

That's one of those things that when you see it you have to ask yourself why you never thought of that, it seems so obvious then. It looks very well made, aluminum I assume?