More anti vaping marketing than anti cigs?

TurboTrout

Two Star General
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2020
East Coast
I have no dog in ether fight, however

Both have nicotine, sure, but when it comes to lung cancer and the like, it’s hands down worse to smoke cigarettes

So, why do I see way more marketing to stop vaping? Big tobacco lobbyists game just that strong?

El Cid 92

Medic
Minuteman
Sep 25, 2011
Collierville, TN
This is a because the tobacco industry is marketing vape to the kids. All the flavored crap-tacular stuff that has been introduced is directed towards younger users. So, the medical industry and anyone with common sense (rare nowadays, I know) is stopping this attempt by large tobacco to rejuvenate a shrinking end-user market.

Andrew

Downzero

-
Minuteman
  • Oct 15, 2006
    NM
    This is a because the tobacco industry is marketing vape to the kids. All the flavored crap-tacular stuff that has been introduced is directed towards younger users. So, the medical industry and anyone with common sense (rare nowadays, I know) is stopping this attempt by large tobacco to rejuvenate a shrinking end-user market.

Andrew

That sounds like some nanny state crap. Governments around the world seem to understand harm reduction and are pushing vaping as safer than smoking. America, instead, chooses to smoke rather than let us have the safe alternative.

I struggled with smoking for decades and quit within 2 days with a vape. I quit vaping about 2 months later. Nothing else would have worked like that.

supercorndogs

Ham Fisted Gorilla
    Minuteman
    Feb 17, 2014
    Colorado

Andrew
    So the "medical industry and anyone with common sense." Can you explain the reason the "medical industry and anyone with common sense" thinks tobacco companies should have to pay exorbitant taxes on another product they have developed to deliver their product in a safer manner?

Pritch

Private
    Minuteman
    Dec 19, 2010
    In my part of the world you get into more trouble with the law for growing tobacco then you do for Marijuana

Pritch

Private
    Minuteman
    Dec 19, 2010
    They are charging $1.97 per Marlboro in Aus

TurboTrout

Two Star General
    Minuteman
    Oct 30, 2020
    East Coast
    In my part of the world you get into more trouble with the law for growing tobacco then you do for Marijuana

Well tobacco is more deadly by a large margin.

However it’s none of the governments damn business ether which way.

Matches Malone

Jihad Joe
    Minuteman
    Mar 6, 2017
    Your moms bed
    I would say it’s allegedly marketed towards kids. I’ve never seen a legitimate vaping company market anything towards kids except the fact that they come in fruity flavors.

Thats like saying wine coolers or pina colada are marketed towards kids because they are sweet.

As gay as vaping is, it is by far way less worst then regular smoking. Last I checked though, you still have to be 18 to buy it from a smoke shop. No matter how fruity it is.

Reactions: TurboTrout

forrestgump01

Once a deplorable, always a deplorable!
    Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2013
    Georgia
    I can speak with experience on this . I Smoked for almost 25 yrs. Tried everything to quit , nothing worked .
    Tried the vape and it made it very easy to weane myself off the smokes. I was on the vape for a little while and eventually put it down .
    I haven't touched either one in almost 4 yrs.
    I don't think I would have been able to quit without the vape. It will be a disservice to take it away from those who use it for what it was intended for.

eflyguy

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jan 7, 2021
    Georgia
    As gay as vaping is, it is by far way less worst then regular smoking.

Except for the fact that most "using" seem to think it's perfect acceptable to puff away and spread their disgusting stench in public, like concerts, bars/restaurants, social gatherings, etc. 🤮

TurboTrout

Two Star General
    Minuteman
    Oct 30, 2020
    East Coast
    Except for the fact that most "using" seem to think it's perfect acceptable to puff away and spread their disgusting stench in public, like concerts, bars/restaurants, social gatherings, etc. 🤮

True, but I’d rather have some cotton candy BS smell that goes away vs cigarettes where you damn near have to burn your clothes to get rid of the smell

eflyguy

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jan 7, 2021
    Georgia
    True, but I’d rather have some cotton candy BS smell that goes away vs cigarettes where you damn near have to burn your clothes to get rid of the smell
    Don't know what they "vape" by you, but around here it smells like a mix of the soiled blue water from a porta-potty, and breath mints. I think the former is their breath and the latter the stench used to mask it.

Reactions: acudaowner

acudaowner

Two Star General
    Minuteman
    Dec 26, 2018
    sadly had to stop smoking when the prices got over 1.50 per pack 80% of which was nothing but taxes thought about growing my own , but why I don't miss it at this point and breathing is way more fun especially without wheezing , I do miss (not really) waking up to hack up that thick smokers Flem mmmm flem not to mention that horrific smell everywhere and on everything .

armorpl8chikn

Colonel Angus
    Minuteman
    Aug 17, 2010
    Face Slapping Distance

You've obviously never cleaned that residue off your windshield.
    I tried to get my wife to take up dipping.
    Vaping is just as bad.
    My wife hacks and coughs like a Model T 3000 miles past a tune up.

supercorndogs

Ham Fisted Gorilla
    Minuteman
    Feb 17, 2014
    Colorado
    It would nice if people could quit being such sensitive little bitches about everything. People seem to think they should have more right to not be annoyed than another person should have to be free.

All cars get a residue on the inside of the windshield whether you smoke, vape, or not.

eflyguy

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jan 7, 2021
    Georgia
    It would nice if people could quit being such sensitive little bitches about everything. People seem to think they should have more right to not be annoyed than another person should have to be free.
    I don't care what addicts do in their own space.

I do care when they impose the stench from their disgusting habits on people trying to eat or enjoy a drink with friends.

Matches Malone

Jihad Joe
    Minuteman
    Mar 6, 2017
    Your moms bed
    Addicts, nicotine in cracks of airplanes :rolleyes:

Its nicotine, not meth. Just like alcohol it can be partook in a social fashion. Using words like “addicts” is just taking a group of people in society and trying to minimize them in someway for behavior that has been pretty common since…forever.

You don’t see nicotine residue. The residue you see on your windshield is because the juice thing stuff is food grade glycol. Even if it was vaporized it would have to go somewhere. The nicotine is added to this food grade glycol.

In cigarettes, the residue is from tar generally. The caveat is that nicotine when exposed to oxygen is yellow. However, I never seen evidence that nicotine alone is enough to cause yellowing. Never has anyone said that their teeth went yellow from nicotine gum for example.

supercorndogs

Ham Fisted Gorilla
    Minuteman
    Feb 17, 2014
    Colorado
    I don't care what addicts do in their own space.

I do care when they impose the stench from their disgusting habits on people trying to eat or enjoy a drink with friends.
    I don't care what "addicts" do in their space.....but....... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for making a great example.

I bet you and the other girls gets giggly and obnouxis when you are "having drinks," did you ever draw the parallel that your behavior may annoy some people also.

eflyguy

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jan 7, 2021
    Georgia
    I don't care what "addicts" do in their space.....but....... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for making a great example.

I bet you and the other girls gets giggly and obnouxis when you are "having drinks," did you ever draw the parallel that your behavior may annoy some people also.

I don't piss on their clothes and in their hair when I need to relieve myself from my beer. Or take a dump at the table while they try to eat. I have the decency to go to the bathroom.

• Haha
    Reactions: supercorndogs

supercorndogs

Ham Fisted Gorilla
    Minuteman
    Feb 17, 2014
    Colorado
    Quit, you already proved you are the kind of crying little bitch I am talking about. Besides being a potty trained adult isn't much to brag about.....

You probably hold in your farts until you can make it to bathroom, and wear a mint covered mask if you have bad breath. Some times us mortals forget there are some important mother fuckers walking the earth, that we should be careful not to annoy. Or we should help them make those annoyances illegal.

Last edited:

supercorndogs

Ham Fisted Gorilla
    Minuteman
    Feb 17, 2014
    Colorado
    All coffee mugs should be shaped like asses, and the liquid should poor out the hole, down the crack, and into your mouth. Unless you call it a latte, or frappe, or something like that. Then you have to drink it with a straw, and you must moan when inserting it. Addicts. :ROFLMAO:

Bigfatcock

Old Salt
    Minuteman
    Jan 12, 2019
    All coffee mugs should be shaped like asses, and the liquid should poor out the hole, down the crack, and into your mouth. Unless you call it a latte, or frappe, or something like that. Then you have to drink it with a straw, and you have to moan when you insert the straw. Addicts. :ROFLMAO:
    As long as it’s a female ass.

supercorndogs

Ham Fisted Gorilla
    Minuteman
    Feb 17, 2014
    Colorado
    Uni-sex cups, we don't want to alienate a group of people by gender assuming all cups. Same with the vape dick, we wont know if its male or female. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Bigfatcock

Old Salt
    Minuteman
    Jan 12, 2019
    Uni-sex cups, we don't want to alienate a group of people by gender assuming all cups. Same with the vape dick, we wont know if its male or female. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
    So I should say that all the vapes should be shaped like dildos? That way it could be a man or a woman's dick.

eflyguy

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    Jan 7, 2021
    Georgia
    It should be law that all vape things should look like dicks.
    What I see.. missing their boyfriends tiny dicks.

We got a live one here, folks. :p

The point was there's more marketing against vaping than fags, and in my opinion, well deserved - because at least fag smokers don't light up at dinner tables.

pmclaine

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
  • Nov 6, 2011
    MA
    The feds on here crack me up. “ I’m new to long range shooting. What’s the best way to make an illegal machine gun. Totally not a fed.”

I'm sure they are filling your PM box now with the question.....

"Have you seen a penis shaped vape device. Where does one get one? Asking for my fren...."

Bigfatcock

Old Salt
    Minuteman
    Jan 12, 2019
    I'm sure they are filling your PM box now with the question.....

"Have you seen a penis shaped vape device. Where does one get one? Asking for my fren...."
    I’ll make them dick shaped vapes out of some heart pine I fished out of a river. Stuff smells like queef when you work it.

• Haha
    Reactions: pmclaine

Mike Casselton

Non-Bidenary Trunk Monkey
    Minuteman
  • Nov 25, 2007
    Lithia, FL

All cars get a residue on the inside of the windshield whether you smoke, vape, or not.

That's from all the formaldehyde in the plastics and foam.
    It gasses off and deposits on the surfaces.

It's also slowly embalming us as we drive, so we got that going for us...🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: supercorndogs

Mike Casselton

Non-Bidenary Trunk Monkey
    Minuteman
  • Nov 25, 2007
    Lithia, FL
    Reminds me of what my brother told me about how the airframe mechanics felt when smoking was banned on flights. The mechanics were able to locate cracks in the airframe by looking for the nicotine stains.

1988 article on "The recently imposed smoking ban on many commercial flights..."

Smoking On Airplanes: Unreal Facts And Stories About When Smoking On Planes Was Outlawed

It's pretty easy.
    Pressurize the aircraft on the ground and spray non- corrosive bubble solution on the surface.
    The leaks show right up.

armorpl8chikn

Colonel Angus
    Minuteman
    Aug 17, 2010
    Face Slapping Distance

ab932e74438365e00d845ef107b98c4c.jpg

armorpl8chikn

Colonel Angus
    Minuteman
    Aug 17, 2010
    Face Slapping Distance
    I dont give a damn, if folks huff fucking krylon paint, as long as it isn't in my truck.
    I am concerned about my wife, I'm sure vaping is safer than cigs....probably...maybe....who the fuck are you gonna ask and get a straight answer?
    Tobacco isn't the devil, but cigarette tobacco is vastly different from cigar or pipe tobacco or chew.