• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

More anti vaping marketing than anti cigs?

TurboTrout

Two Star General
Minuteman
Oct 30, 2020
East Coast
I have no dog in ether fight, however

Both have nicotine, sure, but when it comes to lung cancer and the like, it’s hands down worse to smoke cigarettes

So, why do I see way more marketing to stop vaping? Big tobacco lobbyists game just that strong?

This is a because the tobacco industry is marketing vape to the kids. All the flavored crap-tacular stuff that has been introduced is directed towards younger users. So, the medical industry and anyone with common sense (rare nowadays, I know) is stopping this attempt by large tobacco to rejuvenate a shrinking end-user market.

Andrew

This is a because the tobacco industry is marketing vape to the kids. All the flavored crap-tacular stuff that has been introduced is directed towards younger users. So, the medical industry and anyone with common sense (rare nowadays, I know) is stopping this attempt by large tobacco to rejuvenate a shrinking end-user market.

Andrew

That sounds like some nanny state crap. Governments around the world seem to understand harm reduction and are pushing vaping as safer than smoking. America, instead, chooses to smoke rather than let us have the safe alternative.

I struggled with smoking for decades and quit within 2 days with a vape. I quit vaping about 2 months later. Nothing else would have worked like that.

Andrew
So the "medical industry and anyone with common sense." Can you explain the reason the "medical industry and anyone with common sense" thinks tobacco companies should have to pay exorbitant taxes on another product they have developed to deliver their product in a safer manner?

In my part of the world you get into more trouble with the law for growing tobacco then you do for Marijuana

I would say it’s allegedly marketed towards kids. I’ve never seen a legitimate vaping company market anything towards kids except the fact that they come in fruity flavors.

Thats like saying wine coolers or pina colada are marketed towards kids because they are sweet.

As gay as vaping is, it is by far way less worst then regular smoking. Last I checked though, you still have to be 18 to buy it from a smoke shop. No matter how fruity it is.

Reactions: TurboTrout
I can speak with experience on this . I Smoked for almost 25 yrs. Tried everything to quit , nothing worked .
Tried the vape and it made it very easy to weane myself off the smokes. I was on the vape for a little while and eventually put it down .
I haven't touched either one in almost 4 yrs.
I don't think I would have been able to quit without the vape. It will be a disservice to take it away from those who use it for what it was intended for.

As gay as vaping is, it is by far way less worst then regular smoking.

Except for the fact that most "using" seem to think it's perfect acceptable to puff away and spread their disgusting stench in public, like concerts, bars/restaurants, social gatherings, etc. 🤮

Reactions: SBRSarge
Except for the fact that most "using" seem to think it's perfect acceptable to puff away and spread their disgusting stench in public, like concerts, bars/restaurants, social gatherings, etc. 🤮

True, but I’d rather have some cotton candy BS smell that goes away vs cigarettes where you damn near have to burn your clothes to get rid of the smell

True, but I’d rather have some cotton candy BS smell that goes away vs cigarettes where you damn near have to burn your clothes to get rid of the smell
Don't know what they "vape" by you, but around here it smells like a mix of the soiled blue water from a porta-potty, and breath mints. I think the former is their breath and the latter the stench used to mask it.

Reactions: acudaowner
sadly had to stop smoking when the prices got over 1.50 per pack 80% of which was nothing but taxes thought about growing my own , but why I don't miss it at this point and breathing is way more fun especially without wheezing , I do miss (not really) waking up to hack up that thick smokers Flem mmmm flem not to mention that horrific smell everywhere and on everything .

Reactions: SBRSarge

You've obviously never cleaned that residue off your windshield.
I tried to get my wife to take up dipping.
Vaping is just as bad.
My wife hacks and coughs like a Model T 3000 miles past a tune up.

It would nice if people could quit being such sensitive little bitches about everything. People seem to think they should have more right to not be annoyed than another person should have to be free.

All cars get a residue on the inside of the windshield whether you smoke, vape, or not.

It would nice if people could quit being such sensitive little bitches about everything. People seem to think they should have more right to not be annoyed than another person should have to be free.
I don't care what addicts do in their own space.

I do care when they impose the stench from their disgusting habits on people trying to eat or enjoy a drink with friends.

Reactions: SBRSarge and hlee
Addicts, nicotine in cracks of airplanes :rolleyes:

Its nicotine, not meth. Just like alcohol it can be partook in a social fashion. Using words like “addicts” is just taking a group of people in society and trying to minimize them in someway for behavior that has been pretty common since…forever.

You don’t see nicotine residue. The residue you see on your windshield is because the juice thing stuff is food grade glycol. Even if it was vaporized it would have to go somewhere. The nicotine is added to this food grade glycol.

In cigarettes, the residue is from tar generally. The caveat is that nicotine when exposed to oxygen is yellow. However, I never seen evidence that nicotine alone is enough to cause yellowing. Never has anyone said that their teeth went yellow from nicotine gum for example.

I don't care what addicts do in their own space.

I do care when they impose the stench from their disgusting habits on people trying to eat or enjoy a drink with friends.
I don't care what "addicts" do in their space.....but....... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for making a great example.

I bet you and the other girls gets giggly and obnouxis when you are "having drinks," did you ever draw the parallel that your behavior may annoy some people also.

I don't care what "addicts" do in their space.....but....... :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Thanks for making a great example.

I bet you and the other girls gets giggly and obnouxis when you are "having drinks," did you ever draw the parallel that your behavior may annoy some people also.

I don't piss on their clothes and in their hair when I need to relieve myself from my beer. Or take a dump at the table while they try to eat. I have the decency to go to the bathroom.

Quit, you already proved you are the kind of crying little bitch I am talking about. Besides being a potty trained adult isn't much to brag about.....

You probably hold in your farts until you can make it to bathroom, and wear a mint covered mask if you have bad breath. Some times us mortals forget there are some important mother fuckers walking the earth, that we should be careful not to annoy. Or we should help them make those annoyances illegal.

Last edited:
All coffee mugs should be shaped like asses, and the liquid should poor out the hole, down the crack, and into your mouth. Unless you call it a latte, or frappe, or something like that. Then you have to drink it with a straw, and you must moan when inserting it. Addicts. :ROFLMAO:

All coffee mugs should be shaped like asses, and the liquid should poor out the hole, down the crack, and into your mouth. Unless you call it a latte, or frappe, or something like that. Then you have to drink it with a straw, and you have to moan when you insert the straw. Addicts. :ROFLMAO:
As long as it’s a female ass.

Uni-sex cups, we don't want to alienate a group of people by gender assuming all cups. Same with the vape dick, we wont know if its male or female. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

Uni-sex cups, we don't want to alienate a group of people by gender assuming all cups. Same with the vape dick, we wont know if its male or female. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:
So I should say that all the vapes should be shaped like dildos? That way it could be a man or a woman's dick.

It should be law that all vape things should look like dicks.
What I see.. missing their boyfriends tiny dicks.

We got a live one here, folks. :p

The point was there's more marketing against vaping than fags, and in my opinion, well deserved - because at least fag smokers don't light up at dinner tables.

The feds on here crack me up. “ I’m new to long range shooting. What’s the best way to make an illegal machine gun. Totally not a fed.”

I'm sure they are filling your PM box now with the question.....

"Have you seen a penis shaped vape device. Where does one get one? Asking for my fren...."

I'm sure they are filling your PM box now with the question.....

"Have you seen a penis shaped vape device. Where does one get one? Asking for my fren...."
I’ll make them dick shaped vapes out of some heart pine I fished out of a river. Stuff smells like queef when you work it.

• Haha
Reactions: pmclaine

All cars get a residue on the inside of the windshield whether you smoke, vape, or not.

That's from all the formaldehyde in the plastics and foam.
It gasses off and deposits on the surfaces.

It's also slowly embalming us as we drive, so we got that going for us...🤣🤣🤣

Reactions: supercorndogs
Reminds me of what my brother told me about how the airframe mechanics felt when smoking was banned on flights. The mechanics were able to locate cracks in the airframe by looking for the nicotine stains.

1988 article on "The recently imposed smoking ban on many commercial flights..."

Smoking On Airplanes: Unreal Facts And Stories About When Smoking On Planes Was Outlawed

It's pretty easy.
Pressurize the aircraft on the ground and spray non- corrosive bubble solution on the surface.
The leaks show right up.

ab932e74438365e00d845ef107b98c4c.jpg

I dont give a damn, if folks huff fucking krylon paint, as long as it isn't in my truck.
I am concerned about my wife, I'm sure vaping is safer than cigs....probably...maybe....who the fuck are you gonna ask and get a straight answer?
Tobacco isn't the devil, but cigarette tobacco is vastly different from cigar or pipe tobacco or chew.

First time ever stats showed more people smoke pot than cigarettes.

9/13/22

Anti-vaping ads are valid.
Young people should not vape. The products that appeal to them are easy to hide (think Pods) and the flavors are in fact dangerous.
Complicated mixtures that taste like bakery or dairy products or cotton candy or popcorn have multiple chemicals to create those tastes.
The most popular Pods are designed for quick infrequent stealth hits that produce a big 'Hit' quick.
The Nicotine level is around 5%, or 50mg/ml. To produce impressive clouds power levels can be as high as 200 watts. Think of your car headlights highbeams and tail lights on kind of power. Vaping oil based products require a lot of power.
IF there is a somewhat safe mixture, strength, and power level, a young person would not be influenced by sensible vaping over crazy vaping.
I'm 72 years old (with no breathing issues) and I doubt vaping will be a gateway drug for me,

The wife and I both vape. Since 2009. We have cut the Nic level back to 5mg/ml for her and 10mg/ml for me.
I mix up a liter for each of us. We don't buy premixed products from small vape shops.
The ingredients are USP purities:
400ml of Propylene Glycol (40% of total volume),
400ml of Vegetable Glycerin (40% of total),
100ml of food grade flavor (we use black Cherry) 10% of total,
100ml of 10% Nicotine (50ml for the wife). 1% of final volume is Nicotine (0.5% for the wife's mixture).
The liter lasts 6 to 8 months and is kept refrigerated (bulk Nicotine is kept in the freezer) except for small carry use glass dropper bottles.
We vape at low power, 7 to 10 watts.
We do use those DANGEROUS Lithium batteries though.
We don't vape around other people, mostly because we don't really like other people :)

Call us names if you want but vaping low levels of Nicotine (without the burning of plants and paper) might actually be beneficial for older people.
(would not be politically correct to claim that)
I see vaping as similar to reloading ammo. There are safe ways to go about this and then there is speed.

Last edited:
Anti-vaping ads are valid.
Young people should not vape. The products that appeal to them are easy to hide (think Pods) and the flavors are in fact dangerous.
Complicated mixtures that taste like bakery or dairy products or cotton candy or popcorn have multiple chemicals to create those tastes.
The most popular Pods are designed for quick infrequent stealth hits that produce a big 'Hit' quick.
The Nicotine level is around 5%, or 50mg/ml. To produce impressive clouds power levels can be as high as 200 watts. Think of your car headlights highbeams and tail lights on kind of power. Vaping oil based products require a lot of power.
IF there is a somewhat safe mixture, strength, and power level, a young person would not be influenced by sensible vaping over crazy vaping.
I'm 72 years old (with no breathing issues) and I doubt vaping will be a gateway drug for me,

The wife and I both vape. Since 2009. We have cut the Nic level back to 5mg/ml for her and 10mg/ml for me.
I mix up a liter for each of us. We don't buy premixed products from small vape shops.
The ingredients are USP purities:
400ml of Propylene Glycol (40% of total volume),
400ml of Vegetable Glycerin (40% of total),
100ml of food grade flavor (we use black Cherry) 10% of total,
100ml of 10% Nicotine (50ml for the wife). 1% of final volume is Nicotine (0.5% for the wife's mixture).
The liter lasts 6 to 8 months and is kept refrigerated (bulk Nicotine is kept in the freezer) except for small carry use glass dropper bottles.
We vape at low power, 7 to 10 watts.
We do use those DANGEROUS Lithium batteries though.
We don't vape around other people, mostly because we don't really like other people

Call us names if you want but vaping low levels of Nicotine (without the burning of plants and paper) might actually be beneficial for older people.
(would not be politically correct to claim that)
I see vaping as similar to reloading ammo. There are safe ways to go about this and then there is speed.
You wrote the ingredient list out.

There’s nothing dangerous really about any of this. Nicotine while addictive, like caffeine, is fairly harmless. Like caffeine. It’s possible to overdue anything.

I don’t DO any of this…closest to smoking I got was dipping while deployed, but this is not me condoning children using stimulants.

As for the batteries….um most power tools use similar batteries. It’s not that serious. If they are old enough to start getting tobacco like products on the black market, then they should be smart enough not to dip their vape in the bath tub, but other than that, or burning your coils there, I don’t see how it’s any worst then teens sneaking cigarettes out of their moms purse back in the 80s.

Reactions: Rocketvapor
If you don't have a dependence on Nicotine, Don't start vaping.
If you smoke, quit.
Most of the ingredients in MY mix are water soluble. The Flavor is synthetic in an Ethanol base (sold as a food flavoring).
Even the bulk 10% nicotine (100mg/ml) is in PG or VG.
Just like some of the treatments for COVID were not politically correct, it will be a long time before it is common knowledge that Nicotine crosses through the nicotine receptors in the brain as Nicotinic Acid (Niacin) and may actually help prevent/delay some old age mental problems.
Nicotine may interfere with brain development of young people.

Back in the day, I made our vape devices.
1285195403742.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Matches Malone
I don't piss on their clothes and in their hair when I need to relieve myself from my beer. Or take a dump at the table while they try to eat. I have the decency to go to the bathroom.
Please explain this taking a dump on someones table while they are trying to eat.
I've been all over the country and know of ZERO restaurants you can smoke in....and the same goes for any first world country on the planet (save amsterdam where you CAN smoke weed and hash in a restaurant, but no tobacco).

I'm not guessing here.
YOU are obviously an ex-smoker.
Non smokers are really never that offended from my experience.
When the smell bothers you so very bad it is because YOU are jonesing for a smoke yourself.
Admit it, you KNOW it's true.

Read up on the various lawsuits against JUUL.
50mg/ml Nic strength in an easy to conceal device.
Let me tell you that vaping 20 to 30mg/ml is harsh.
Then all the counterfeit pods and contaminated e-liquid hit the market.
Companies were even selling counterfeit labels and packages for "small business" vendors.

When we started 6mg/ml was light, 12mg/ml was medium and 18mg/ml was marketed as HIGH.
I published a mixing tutorial on a small vaping forum years ago because many just could not figure the proportions to mix their own.
The unit of measurement for Nic strength mg per ml (mg/ml).

I've known 'Adults' that chased flavors so it's not just young people. Even non-smokers vaping just because it's COOL.
Drop in on a small vape shop (they are everywhere) to see the assortment of flavors with interesting names. Who knows what's in them? Who mixed them?

Last edited:

LOL, New Zealand proposes incremental banning of cigs starting next year where the age of legal purchases will increase each year, keeping new generations from buying until tobacco sales are completely banned. Lawmakers there are concerned that it is an "untested policy" and they don't know what unintended consequences it may produce.

Nobody paid attention in history, it seems like. "Untested policy". Nope. Wrong. Already been done. US alcohol prohibition, 1918-1929. What happened? Plenty of people, including many Prohibition enforcers who vanished one day while on duty and whose remains are in the bottom of swampy hollers way up in the Blue Ridge and Appalachia, can attest that it was a pretty bad policy.

And the current US war on drugs? How is it working out? Even with drastically enforced and toughened penalties alongside RICO under various US presidents have not deterred the drug trade one bit. Bottom line, if people want something and there is profitable demand for it, people will get it.

All New Zealand is going to do is to turn their tobacco business into a completely untaxed and clandestine venture. And yes, they might catch some traffickers and whatnot along the way, but many more will get through and traffickers will develop increasingly more sophisticated transportation and screening methods to get the stuff to customers. And any cops enforcing that shit will be playing a game of Russian roulette. One smuggler you stalk one day is going to be a meek grocery store owner doing a side hustle to help his family. The next one you come upon might have different ideas on how to permanently rid himself of the source of irritation following him.

Do it at your own peril, Kiwis...

Not a ciggie smoker here but I LOVE my pipe tobacco cigars and rolling accoutrements, and let's just say that I am not gonna allow retarded legislations and social movements to keep me from enjoying my mostly harmless relaxation, let's just leave it at that...
biggrin.gif

Unless youve been living under a rock youll realize that anything that makes americans healthier is under attack. As a ex smoker and current vaper i can say within weeks of switching i was healthier. I can once again run and its my legs and not my lungs that are the limiting factor.