• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

More custom Tikka's for the long range hunters

BgBmBoo

Gunny Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Ok Tikka fans. Here is what we are doing at Chipley Arms for the long range hunting crowd. These are chambered in Winchester Short Magnum calibers. The green stocked one and the one in the factory stock are 7mm WSM and the tan one is a .300 WSM. We also did one in 270 WSM (not pictured, but my favorite to shoot) and they are all tack drivers.

Jason spent time at the range today showing two of the customers who bought them how easy it is to make first round hits out 1000 yards with these rifle and scope setup.

All use Leupold MK4 4.5-14X with Kenton elevation knobs. We are using Berger bullets exclusively.

The one in the factory stock is our "basic package". It uses a Shilen select match grade 26" barrel, chambered in WSM caliber of choice and topped with a Chipley Arms muzzle brake. The trigger is tuned to a crisp 3 lbs. They come with bi-pod, sling, scope, rings, cleaning rod,hard case, and 100 rounds of in house custom ammo loaded just for the rifle.....yes...we are a 07 FFL which allows us to meg. and sell ammo to the public.

The next step is the deluxe package all of the above plus a B&C stock, CDI bottom metal, and one Alpha Mag WSM 7 round magazine. The barrel is a Lother Walther match grade barrel.

If you are in the Redding area we also will take you out to the range and have you shooting to 1000 yards within just a few shots.

Our plans are to start making in house bolt shrouds and bolt handles along with all sorts of other goodies...just waiting on CNC machines.

So....on to the pron!

Take care,Stan

Re: More custom Tikka's for the long range hunters

Good to see more custom Tikkas!

If you start making shrouds and handles, let us know so we can take a look, same for any other T3 item. Thanks and good luck!
Justin

Stan,

PM inbound.

John

Hi Justin.
Yes we will let you know as we will be wanting distributors. I would also like to discuss some things with you about the chassis. Will give you a call next week.

Responded to your PM JOhn.

Take care,Stan

Whats the pricing on these?

Just curious what are the weights coming in at on these?

i wonder why you want/need a brake on a 270 wsm, especially with a hunting background. from what i hear, hunters prefer silencers because it helps to keep deer calm. brakes probably will to the exact opposite. but then i have never been further away in front of a brake - only behind it.

It actually re-directs the sound (depending on the brake, the direction, but normally to your sides), so some of the time the deer wont even know where its coming from. Not to mention on some of the lighter rounds it makes it so you can spot your shots. On my 260, which is by no means a hard kicking rifle, I had a brake installed, and I can watch it punch holes in paper through the scope now.