• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Hunting & Fishing MORE... SD cornfed whitetails...

skinney_7

Hammer down.
Commercial Supporter
Minuteman
  • Aug 23, 2008
    SD
    www.oneillops.com
    I didn't get much of a chance to actually hunt for myself on opening weekend of West river deer, but now that most of the guys have filled their tags, i should get some "alone" time doing my thing... here is what the first day and a half brought us, hopefully I'll be posting more pics later in the season...
    ENJOY!!!

duane.jpg

dave.jpg

3stooges.jpg

Re: MORE... SD cornfed whitetails...

there's corn down there!?..grin. Those are some good ones for sure.

ahhh yeah.. the good ol "oops, forgot to take a pic before i gut him" picture. hahah i have a few of those too. also, great looking deer!!! i leave for my yearly kansas trip in two weeks!! i cant wait! also, any news on that dvd?

that bottom picture is nice! they look as if they are all from different blood lines. the one on the left looks a little past his prime.

Actually...judging by the teeth...
    The two on the outsides are young deer. The one in the middle was an old man, yet still had a monster body.

All three of these deer were taken in or around the O'Neill Outfitters ranch but far enough from each other that it's highly unlikely that they share any lineage.

Saw a couple monster mule deer too, but I've only got white tail tags this season.

I just happened to be the guy that DIDN'T get a kill on opening weekend. Probably COULD have, but I'm working hard with skinney to keep management deer under control and get some hunts on video. It's tough having to pass up a shot because the footage wouldn't quite be good enough...but it's what makes things fun.

My father is the lucky shit decked out in blaze.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richieraby</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> also, any news on that dvd?
    </div></div>
    very close my friend, basically all we have to do is piece it together, ie. burn, label, package, maybe i'll just wait and send you one for your Christmas present...LOL...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: richieraby</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> also, any news on that dvd?
    </div></div>
    very close my friend, basically all we have to do is piece it together, ie. burn, label, package, maybe i'll just wait and send you one for your Christmas present...LOL... </div></div>

i did tell santa that thats all i wanted for christmas this year!! hahaha! looking forward to it!

Nice Bucks!!
    I'm heading up to Hecla SD wednesday for a week of pheasant, deer, and predator hunting.

Eight points dont come nicer than that!! Im sorry 4x4 for the western crowd. hahah. Great pics!!

Going to try my luck on the east side of the river this weekend, I've got far less land to hunt, but we'll see what happens.

for some reason this year the deer in my ao seem to be light horned. Saw a couple yesterday that had tall points and wide just had no mass to them. they were in the middle of land we get to hunt so let them go to hopefully make it to next year. there is one in particular that if he makes it will be a stud with another year. Only 3 of us that hunt this land and the last 3 years i have talked the other 2 to pass on good deer to try and get some great ones. With one buddy shooting on in the high 160's last year hopefully our hard work through the rest of the year and being selective during hunting will pay off

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: skinney</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I didn't get much of a chance to actually hunt for myself on opening weekend of West river deer, but now that most of the guys have filled their tags, i should get some "alone" time doing my thing... here is what the first day and a half brought us, hopefully I'll be posting more pics later in the season...
    ENJOY!!!

duane.jpg

dave.jpg

3stooges.jpg

</div></div>That guy in the blaze orange looks like one of those drinking, smoking, cussing, bar hopping types.
    grin.gif
    Couple slobs in there btw.