• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mosin Nagant vs 5 Gallon Water jug!

Cool. Thanks for posting. The cartridge might be over 100 years old, but it packs a considerable punch.

How's it going hide members! Made a little video showing what a 7.62x54r 150gr soft point does to a 5 gallon water jug! Hope you guys enjoy the explosion!

Mosin Nagant vs 5 Gallon Water Jug

Hi Grizz
Always good to watch something getting blown up in the morning; reactive targets are the best, gotta love the instant report/gratification ;)
Always fun to check out your vids; good shooting.
Ombre noire

I like big jugs.....and water containers, too!:D

I like big jugs.....and water containers, too!:D

LOL you speak the truth brother!

Thanks for the comment ombre noire! Not sure if you seen my newest vid where I shoot another 5 gallon jug but this time with the 338 lapua, check it out next time you get a chance!

Thanks for the comment ombre noire! Not sure if you seen my newest vid where I shoot another 5 gallon jug but this time with the 338 lapua, check it out next time you get a chance!

No, I did not yet but will check it out. I just recently got a big caliber too, got to figure out how to put vids on SH, looks like you always have fun doing so. A friend of mine put several lbs. of tannerite inside a large (fake) rabbit and shot it; we could not find a piece left, that thing got pulverized ;)
To answer anyone's question; NO...we had nothing better to do ;)
Good times.
Ombre noire

Grizzdude
Following ROE procedure, you made the proper decision to engage the 5 gallon water jug, it looked more than suspicious. May be you should try this with a VERY large can of tomato soup. Did this with an AK few years ago, results guaranteed.
I think you'll like it ;)

Thanks for reversing the target getting hit and then playing it again, that saves me from doing it. I like it.

Awesome video--- I have chrono'd some Russian surplus 7.62x54r out of a 29" barreled 91/30 at 2680-2740fps. This is a very underrated round and cna be very accurate. I have one I built with one of those UK-59 heavy machinegun barrels that is incredibly accurate. Handloaded 7.62x54R can equal 30-06 velocities... H4350 or H414 works nice

Nice vid, shooting long range is cool but getting out with my Mosins puts a smile on my face. Sending empty pop cans up in the air with old surplus ammo is just a kick. 1.5 moa, 3 moa who cares, all good fun.