• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Photos Mossberg 151M(a)

SmallBoreSnipers

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 15, 2009
Troy, NY
Picked this up at the gun store a couple buildings down from me. It was only a matter of time before I bought a rifle there. It was made around 1950. It's a 15-round tube-fed semi-auto .22 LR. It is one great tac driver with a little modern touch added in. Just a Harris bipod and Bushnell Banner scope.

Re: Mossberg 151M(a)

Mossberg made them from the factory like that. I have a bolt model that shoots 22 short, long and long rifle. Neat little guns. Hand me down from my dad.

My 1st bolt gun was the Mossberg full-stock like that with some
great peep sights and extremely accurate--brings back great memories!

Thanks for the compliments guys. Yeah everything is all factory on this rifle (except the scope and bipod). It did actually come with sights and the swinging peep sight, but because I scoped it I took them off. Of course I did keep them. It shoots great, and is something I am definitely keeping in the family. What's neat too is that it seems to have more recoil than my .17 HMR. I'm guessing it's probably because it's a semi-auto.

As soon as I sow that pic I had flash backs of getting my butt kicked in silhoette shooting. Guy I knew picked one up while back but his was bolt action. he did really good with it. stupid turkeys!!!

Yeah this thing is pretty darn accurate. I sighted it in with this crappy walmart scope. It was blurry as hell. Then I went to 50 and sighted it in there. I started shooting some groups after that. First day with the rifle (and had that crappy scope on it) and my second group was 5 in a dime. Just gotta get a little more used to it and I think this rifle will do great things.