• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mossberg 46m??

cheddarB

Private
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2009
NW FL
Does anyone here have any experience with this rifle? all I know about them is that they were military bolt action training rifles, but are they accurate and reliable? are they worth anything? my uncle has one that he inherited years ago and I am just wondering if I should try and make him an offer on it or just go buy a 10/22..

Re: Mossberg 46m??

If the 46 has not been modified or messed with very much it will still shoot as well if not
better then the 10/22 after you have spent several hundred dollers more on top of the purchase
price trying to customize the 10/22 so it will group better.

cool.gif

Most of thhese old mossbergs are good guns. I've shot several that were keepers. However, the plastic trigger guards can become brittle and mags can be hard to find. Check it out and if it is sound go for it. These gun are for training and are collectable. There is a 10/22 everywhere you look.

Thanks for the replys, I talked to him about it and he said that it is in the 85-95% condition, and it is tube fed not a magazine. Are these better? What would be market value for something like this?

The rifle will outshoot you and put a 1022 to shame accuracy-wise.

But, if your idea of shooting is blasting thru a brick of cheap ammo in an afternoon you're better off with the 1022.

The M46 is capably of repeatedly cleaning the 50 yard NRA smallbore target with iron sites with the right shooter driving it.