• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mossberg 740T 'New Haven' in .22WMR

boingk

Private
Minuteman
Oct 27, 2013
Australia
Latest acquisition, a Mossberg 740T 'New Haven' in .22WMR.

IMAG07091_zpsd0cf83f8.jpg

IMAG07101_zpsd846180c.jpg

Topped with a Nikko-Sterling 4-12x40 scope then did a few three shot groups at 25m to get the sighting lined up:

IMAG07061_zpsded452f5.jpg

Then took it back to 50m and did a quick 5 shot group before I had to head off to work:

IMAG07071_zpsb9134e07.jpg

Didn't measure it but was suitably pleased considering it was a well priced rifle in good condition and I didn't do anything other than buy it and then fit a scope.

If anyone knows much about serial numbers on these that'd be top, I'd like to know what year it was from.

Cheers - boingk

Don't know anything about it but nice rifle. Always had a spot for Mossbergs as a Mossberg .22LR was my first rifle....

Try Rimfirecentral in the Mossberg area for good info on the gun.....

Thanks for the info and compliments guys, and yes I know she was made somewhere between the 60's and early 80's but have no idea where in that spread. The serial number is an earlier (1295102) one so maybe the 60's or earlier 70's.

The plans are to keep her pretty much as is... perhaps a glassbedding or barrel float but otherwise nothing drastic. I particularly don't want to spoil the very clean lines of the rifle.

Cheers - boingk