• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

mossberg mvp rifle in 556 cal

not bad for a little beater 223 bolt gun. The factory trigger is horrendous but the action seems to run well and it's pretty accurate if you can get over the trigger.

Just got one in the thunder ranch configuration shoots really well. The factory trigger didn't seem too bad to me as other wise posted. Very light rifles mine averages about 3/4 Moa at 100yards. I've only put about 50 rounds through it.

I have a thunder ranch edition and enjoy it very much . slap a decent 3x9 scope on it , drop a spare 10 round mag in your pocket and it is a great walking around rifle .

I've got the 20" Predator with a Bushnell AR 223 BDC scope on it and the Fed Fusion MSR rounds shoot pretty decently out of it. Might/may be something of a deer hunt in its future.

Zeroed with PPU 69gr match, the aiming pips on the reticle deliver the Fusion rounds to the same POI within an inch or two out to 200yd. The Win Power Maxx loads are a little further spread out, but not much; they group about 1.5 MOA higher at 200.

Greg

Last edited:
Only shot one, 18.5" Predator laminated stock that a friend bought new.

Action was a bit stiff, trigger was ho-hum, was a bit finicky on feeding from the mag at first. But after 2 range trips it started breaking in. Accuracy wasn't bad with 55gr and 62gr rounds.

I have the varmint model with the long barrel. It's a laser beam with 70gn bergers as long as I drive them fast. Feels a little light and under-engineered upside some of my other rifles and the bolt isn't as smooth as a remington. that said, it takes standard capacity mags and has been super easy to pull good groups from. The varmint model comes with a nice stock that's only a little ways from being really nice. Still, if I were to do it again, I'd buy a remington or a savage.

The trigger does suck a little bit but not enough to care and there are aftermarket units available last I saw. Factory trigger is set as light as it'll go right from the factory. It's adjustable for an even worse trigger pull and that's it.

I don't regret it.