• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mossberg MVP

culater

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2012
Any thoughts on this rifle. Also are any of you making any upgrades with the barrel. Thinking of getting one and put on a better barrel. I like the idea of a ar 15 mag on a bolt gun. If any of you guys have one with upgrades can you put some pic up.

I own one and I got to say it shoots great. It shoots consistent groups and I have not made any upgrades. The only problem with ar mags is the bolt feed lip on the bolt makes the rounds bounce up and sometimes doesn't want to chamber but not very often.

There is a guy in the Mossberg forums that made a barrel nut tool and was making barrels for the MVP.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Mine has the more sporter-ish stock and the shorter 1:9" twist sporter weight barrel. It likes my 69gr handloads but doesn't shoot my 75gr handloads near as well. I will be testing it with XM-855 62gr Federals, which I expect should shoot fairly well in this barrel, and spare pelts. I intend this rifle for short and medium range hunter-like applications. It's not quite up to shooting to match spec accuracy, but does quite well for things like hunting. I have only had it out for a couple of 250yd range outings so far, but it seems to operate flawlessly with a fairly wide variety of 10rd (this is New York, sports fans...) magazines.

Greg

Last edited:
I was going to sell mine to fund a Savage 10 in a nice chassis but I like it to much to sell it.

Sent from my Galaxy S4

Has anyone here rechambered to a 300 BLK and shot it suppressed? That, with the 1-6 Viper, would be quite the deer-slaying rig.

Supposedly Mossberg chambered some of the MVPs for 300 BLK, but hasn't updated their website. I called around and can't find any, however one guy on the MVP forum is making barrels chambered in 300 BLK from Rock barrel blanks.

I have one and I love it. It loves the hornady 55 grn bullets. I shot it last weekend out to 500 yards and I had three shots within four inches. I wasn't complaining since it was my first time shooting that far. Very nice rifles and I like the ar mags, it makes for easy unloading after hunting.