• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Most accurate .338LM under $6000?

Re: Most accurate .338LM under $6000?

i just had a new gun builder build me a 338lm on a badgerm 2008 with a rock brl. i did the break in and it shot well under 1/2 moa out to 300. yes i know that is not anything with the 338 lm round but in the brief time that is all i had time for. The xlr stock was used and i am still tring to get use to it. But a custom gun will cost yo ua little more than a factory but then you can build it the way that you want it. That is just my opion.

I have 3 of them for sale in the classifieds that all shoot under .5. They have only shot break in rounds and come with the targets shot as well as load data. They are all within your budget. Built by Chad Dixon and Bugholes from here.

Kris

I would go custom. Unless you arent shooting a long ways and just want the power. A factory rifle in 308 will do fine most of the time shooting 600 yds and under but when you want to go extreme long range i would want EVERYTHING to be as close to perfect as i could get it. I personanly would go surgeon with the xl reciever to have great tolerances and have integral recoil lug to handle a bigger, stiffer, heavier bbl better and to also have the integral 30 moa base. There you will eliminate a variable or two and have a super strong action to work from. I guess what im saying is that the longer the shots are the better the gun you will need. Good luck

TRG 42. EuroOptic is moving them at $2,700 NIB.