• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Most accurate AR I've ever seen

ARsR4ME

Sergeant
Minuteman
Nov 23, 2009
Coldspring,TX
Got to see the K Yote rifle today at a store in Spring Texas called MG Arms. I've seen this rifle in a few gun mags and one of them showed a .22" group at 100 yards. When I was in the store today the guys showed me the rifle and the lower is made up of three pieces, Never seen that before. Plus he said it would do 2" at 600 yards. I liked the fact that such a gun is made near me and not 4 states over.
grin.gif

Mg arms website

Re: Most accurate AR I've ever seen

It's definitely pricey but I can't help to think that some of the tricks he used well trickel down to us and we can have half the moa's we have now in a few years.

I know a guy that can build you three AR's for that price that will shoot half minute.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nut job</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Plus he said it would do 2" at 600 yards. </div></div>

Not saying it can't be done, but I'm curious why he's not out shooting Benchrest comps if that's the "norm". I'd love to see someone shoot 5 shots into 2" at 600yards routinely with an AR of any cost.

You can buy a bow, but it takes alot to find the indian that can do it.....

Anyone shoot Service Rifle competition?
i'll say they can run for about 1k and shot how good of a group at 600?

For 3k I'd hope so.....

$550 will get you Krieger barrel that will do it if a decent chamber is used not a sloppy mil chamber, then it's up to you to put a good trigger and scope on it.
A Geissele trigger runs $279, decent scope $1200 so it all adds up but $3600 seems a little steep.

I looked at their site. The Dragonfly SA pistol is listed at 1 pound and available in .32H&R, .38 and .44 calibers What is that thing made of and I would have to guess .44 calibers means .44 special??

wow, kind of like looking at Death from Afar website - too rich for my poor blood

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nut job</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got to see the K Yote rifle today at a store in Spring Texas called MG Arms. I've seen this rifle in a few gun mags and one of them showed a .22" group at 100 yards. When I was in the store today the guys showed me the rifle and the lower is made up of three pieces, Never seen that before. Plus he said it would do 2" at 600 yards. I liked the fact that such a gun is made near me and not 4 states over.
grin.gif

Mg arms website </div></div>

Did he say 2 inch groups at 600 yards with 5.56mm or was that with the .308?

$3600 is a TON of money for an AR.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: strangedays</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What do you mean it it built of three pieces? </div></div>

It was a lower that is bolted together useing 3 seperate pieces. Weird huh. I didn't count the bolts but the owner said this was so the tolerances could be so tight. I agree it's a very expense gun and I think it's a very cool jump in the accuracy of AR's. I look at it like this, this kind of stuff rolls down hill and very soon the guys that are useing these types of guns for work with mil ammo will apreciate it. I think.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MJW117</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nut job</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Got to see the K Yote rifle today at a store in Spring Texas called MG Arms. I've seen this rifle in a few gun mags and one of them showed a .22" group at 100 yards. When I was in the store today the guys showed me the rifle and the lower is made up of three pieces, Never seen that before. Plus he said it would do 2" at 600 yards. I liked the fact that such a gun is made near me and not 4 states over.
grin.gif

Mg arms website </div></div>

Did he say 2 inch groups at 600 yards with 5.56mm or was that with the .308?

$3600 is a TON of money for an AR. </div></div>

The one I looked at was in 308 win. I don't know if that accuracy holds true for the other calibers he sells.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know a guy that can build you three AR's for that price that will shoot half minute..... </div></div>

Do tell

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hunter223</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know a guy that can build you three AR's for that price that will shoot half minute..... </div></div>

Do tell </div></div>
I don't know about the price thing, but Im guessing SOBR meant Scott at Specialized Dynamics, he sure does build a hell of a nice AR.

Here is your 1/2 MOA Guarantee in writing for $1500-2000 Less:

http://www.accuracysystemsinc.com/ar15_conversion.php

These guys also have a first rate rep.BTW,my 204 Ruger AR w/ A WOA 26" upper shot 1/2 MOA consistently.

I just went back to their site and downloaded the close ups of this "Wonder Rifle",This is like a joke,they even use a YHM Diamond Rail and a Spikes Bolt Carrier.Check it out for yourself,really.So what if the Lower is 3 pcs,the upper is where the accuracy comes from,and the trigger.This is NOT a $3700 dollar rifle IMO.

For $3700, this AR better shoot 1/2 MOA itself. A little overpriced or what????

It's looking like the 1300 gun he offers, with a PRS, choice of paint, a $170 trigger, a scope mount, and a guarantee (long range vs infinity)... for 2300 extra. I know you can blow money on a nicer barrel, easily base+400, but I'm not sure how, within your own range of rifles, you ask that kind of premium.

If there's a difference in bolt/springs/etc that should be highlighted. I did note the more expensive also comes in the big cases so he is charging the same for the AR15 v AR10 type, but still...?

I would also like to seee front and center why this 3-piece receiver, which looks a lot like the old DIY screw together ones that BATFA whined about is better. Claiming position on the trigger as the reason is kinda bonkers at my first consideration.

I'm not sold, because there's a lot of pics but no pitch nor justification.

eta: BATFA whined because the receivers were sold as 10% or 80% or whatever the law is so people could complete them at home without going through an FFL... but they were basically done, short of screwing them together. I wasn't implying this gun somehow had a potentially illegal attribute or anything of that nature.

Found a vid of one of them. I don't know why the $ammount is such a big deal here when there are bolt guns over 8,000. Dunno, Thought a accurate gun would get more praise.

you tube vid

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nut job</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Found a vid of one of them. I don't know why the $ammount is such a big deal here when there are bolt guns over 8,000. Dunno, Thought a accurate gun would get more praise.

you tube vid </div></div>

Maybe because they use Cheap off the Shelf parts and are stupid enough to provide a picture you can Zoom in and see that? Gun Rag articles written by "Gun Writer Whores" are not the best recommendations around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nut job</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Plus he said it would do 2" at 600 yards. </div></div>

You can buy a bow, but it takes alot to find the indian that can do it..... </div></div>

Yetahay my brother. 2" at 600yds, "Show me the money"

That youtube vid is pathetic.

That's worse acting than these Mormon Church dvds I found in the trash.

How many times are they going to stiffly and blatantly "not" emphasize "she" shot the group and "she" had never shot the rifle before. She also didn't make much if any change I could tell from shots after shot 3 and on to 4, 5, and 6. Mysteriously however, her displayed target only has 3 visible bullet holes within a conceivable area given that she could not have gotten that far off target between 3 shot groups. FAKE.

I want to see a continual shot with no editing when I watch an accuracy demonstration. Especially on "The world's most accurate AR".

That girl needs to go back to waiting tables because acting is not in her future. Well, any acting her momma would be proud of.

That video was horrible. I don't even know where to begin...

The 3 PC action looks like Shit too,belongs with the cut up Sten MKIII and AMD 65 kits you could mail order.

If you can already see it is a Spikes BC and YHM FF in the pic,what parts are in it you can't see?,Be willing to bet it is not a top shelf bolt either.A Jewell Trigger is OK,but it is not a Gieselle Match by far,what is the Barrel?

Pretty easy to tell when a real shooter owns a firearm business, and also when a vacuum cleaner salesman owns one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bustin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty easy to tell when a real shooter owns a firearm business, and also when a vacuum cleaner salesman owns one. </div></div>

Could you please clarify?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nut job</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Found a vid of one of them............

And HOLY CRAP!! did anyone at all believe that she shot that target?!?! I wish I could shoot like that without adjusting the rifle-matbe there is something to the three peice receiver, perhaps there's a little marksman bolted inside that aims for you?

Didn't believe the video at all. Three rapid shots, no follow through, no adjustment between shots. Doesn't do much for their credibility.

very interesting concept and retirement plan.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: sobrbiker883</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bustin</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pretty easy to tell when a real shooter owns a firearm business, and also when a vacuum cleaner salesman owns one. </div></div>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nut job</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Found a vid of one of them............

And HOLY CRAP!! did anyone at all believe that she shot that target?!?! I wish I could shoot like that without adjusting the rifle-matbe there is something to the three peice receiver, perhaps there's a little marksman bolted inside that aims for you?

</div></div>

People that don't really know think they can say or video anything and everyone will believe it.
That only works if the people they target are "stupider" than they are.

That's expensive. Are there any other companies that make ARs in .260 Rem caliber?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's expensive. Are there any other companies that make ARs in .260 Rem caliber? </div></div>

Several,including DPMS,Armalite,Gap,etc,Almost all AR10 type BBL makers offer this as an option.

Just checking if that was directed my way since you it says re:sobrbiker883

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SANDRAT</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vkc</div><div class="ubbcode-body">That's expensive. Are there any other companies that make ARs in .260 Rem caliber? </div></div>

Several,including DPMS,Armalite,Gap,etc,Almost all AR10 type BBL makers offer this as an option. </div></div>

Are there any companies that make piston 260rem ARs?

POF's doing a 6.5 Creedmoor run as a group buy for SnipersHide. Taking orders until the end of september-click the link in my signature if interested.

I just got one recently and will be running it as my primary match rifle once I get a load dialed in, or a bunch of factory 140's.

My DPMS panther bull 20 shoots under .5in with 52gr SMK handloads and .6in with 69gr SMK and 75gr Hornady BTHP. Factory trigger, not the JP Rifles upgrade. All for 800 smackers.

Les Baer Super Varmint AR shoots 1/4 MOA.

Stag 6.8 SPC with Silver State Armory 110 Accubonds in their Spec II chamber does tight groups.

Ill keep my CR6724 ... plenty accurate for my uses ... and 1/3 the price.

What puzzles me is the same price is advertised for cartridges compatible with an AR15 type platform as a those compatible with the Larger AR10 platform despite the large cost difference in most components for the AR10.Other than that stupid 3 pc receiver the rest look to be standard off the shelf components,nothing proprietary about a Spikes BCG and YHM Hand Guard.Just about any AR is accurate with a good barrel.FF tube,Optics and trigger.Feed it good ammo and the rest is up to you.

Yep, I just was looking for that video today to see how it held up and all the comments. I commented on it about the bad acting, unbelievable accuracy claims for how it was shot, etc. LOL, guess lots of others did too if they took it down.