• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Most accurate uppers for the money?

johnstonblake

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 1, 2010
Texas
if you were gonna buy two complete uppers, (and could find any one you wanted...) one 16" and one 18" , which ones would you get that would give you the most accuracy for the dollar?

Re: Most accurate uppers for the money?

I have 5 AR's and my Noveske 16" Lo-Pro Recce is easily a notch above. My opinion of course. Don't know about bang for the buck, because I don't compromise quality to save a few $$.

I have no issues or accuracy issues with my Bravo Company USA 1/8 twist RECCE precision upper.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/BCM-SS410...2%20ib%20bk.htm

Here are just some features on the 1/8 RECCE precision uppers.

Barrel is finished in Ionbond - BLACK
Ionbond coatings advantages
• reduced coefficient of friction
• increased abrasive wear resistance
• antiscuffing/antigalling
• high fretting resistance
• high pitting resistance
• resistance to corrosion and hydrocarbon fuels
• high integrity of surface structure
• good adhesion to base materials

IonBond coatings directly improve wear resistance due to their high hardness, low coefficient of friction and high structural integrity. These coatings with thicknesses of only a few microns and with hardness up to 4000HV, result in increased firearm life and functionality. The IonBonded finishes, absorb oil and release it over time due to the unique characteristics.

BCM SS410™ Barrels
This BCM stripped barrel is machined from a 410 stainless steel. It features hand lapped button rifling with a 1/8 twist rate and M4 feedramps. As with all BCM barrels it is proofed (HPT) and magnetic particle inspected (MPI). To give the shooter the best balance of weight and accuracy this BCM barrel has a mid weight profile and a mid length gas system.
(410 stainless is a harder and more corrosion resistant than the conventional 416 stainless found in most barrels.)

M4 Feed Ramp Barrel Extension
M4 Feed Ramp Flat Top Receiver
In developing the USGI M4 carbine as one of the primary weapons for today’s infantry, some modifications were performed to the original M16 platform to enhance the reliability of the shorter barreled carbines. With the shorter carbine gas system and the increased gas port pressure, the carbine cycled faster, and at times the cycle rate could be faster than the magazine would feed ammunition. One of the modifications done to increase reliable feeding included enhancing the angle and the length of the feed ramps. This USGI modification was done to both the barrel extension and the upper receiver, creating a longer and steeper feed ramp. These Mil-Spec M4 feed ramps are part of the original CNC manufacturing process. As a result, the factory machined M4 feed ramps on the receiver are hard coat anodized which adds significant strength to the aluminum. This feature is offered on all BCM uppers and all BCM barrels.

T-Marked Upper Receiver
The contemporary M16/M4 rifle is built around the concept of modularity. All of the BCM flat top uppers feature a USGI type laser etched T-marks to provide addressing for the remounting of tactical accessories such as optics, laser sights, etc. This enables the weapon platform to be easily configured and then accurately reconfigured for each specific mission.

HPT / MP Inspected Barrels
Military specifications require that barrels undergo a HPT (High-Pressure Test) load as a part of quality assurance procedures. Commonly referred to as a proof load, the M197 HPT is rated for 70,000 psi. BCM barrels are proof loaded and then MPI (Magnetic Particle Inspected) to detect any possible flaws in the barrels surface. The barrels are MP inspected with both circular and longitudinal magnetic fields per ASTME1444-01 (current Mil-Spec) to assure a high quality finished product. All BCM barrels are marked HP MP as our proof load marking.

It is very accurate

White Oak Armarmanet

For value it will be hard to beat. Everyone is going to post what they own and say things like "i dont have accuracy problems" but that does not awsner what you asked.

Give Praetorian Firearms Company a try, his e-mail is pfcarms.com. I've seen and shot some of his weapons and his weapons produce very good groups.

What constitutes "very accurate"? 1/4 moa, 1/2moa or 3/4moa?

RRA gives you a 3/4moa guarantee.

WOA has a strong following with all claiming very high accuracy.

DPMS bull barreled uppers did well in the sub-moa shoot out thread here on the hide.

Sub 750$, the three above would be good options.

Above 1000$, there are a lot of options, but you were looking for best bang for the buck.

the ones i build myself
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WildBill3/75</div><div class="ubbcode-body">the ones i build myself
smile.gif
</div></div>
Same here. With all the trouble finding parts right now I think any upper should be fine though
smile.gif

Rock River & White Oak ...

I believe per dollar either is hard to beat.

Plain jane carbine models are MOA or better. The SS, Match, Bull, Varmint type 3/4 or better.

Win/win choices-

Purchased an 18"DD chromelined barrel a few months back and have to say I am impressed with it's accuracy. I only wanted 2MOA or better out to 200 for the local fun matches and it easily keeps quality ammo inside of an inch running hot. Even with steal cased ammo this barrel stays within my wants which will prove to be a big plus for me as when I get home I have a feeling steel cased is all that will be affordable for these sort of matches.

I'd stick with a Noveske.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bluebear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd stick with a Noveske. </div></div>

Why? Is that what you're hoping to sell in the next day or so?
Numerous posts of little content over a short period of time...someone's looking to sell!

I would cast a no-holds barred vote for noveske as well and not because I want to sell it. I have an SR-15, a DDM4, SCAR-16 and an LE 6920 as well and my noveske teaches them all a little humility. In this environment there is no amount of money that would make me part with it. Honest question. Honest answer.

My WOA-barreled customized rig and LWRC shoot sub-MOA, though I've gotten the WOA-barreled gun to about .5 MOA with match ammo. My only Noveske is an SBR but I wouldn't hesitate to buy a Noveske at the right price. They make a stellar product.

I have had good luck with my Larue 18" Stealth. It shoots better than I can shoot it given the trigger the gun has in it. It really deserves a better trigger.

I have been using Spikes uppers for the past year. Very hi-quality. Barrel is built by FN. Their parts are going for super crazy prices on E-Bay, so Spikes had a pretty good following.

•-Spike's Tactical M4 flat top upper receiver, Machined from a 7075 T6 Mil-Spec Forging with Mil-Spec Type III Hardcoat Anodized finish, T-markings,Spike's Tactical logo and M4 feed ramps.
•-Barrel is 4150 Chromoly Vanadium Alloy, M4 barrel extention, Chrome chamber and bore, 5.56mm Nato chamber, 1:7 Twist, Magnetic particle testing on every barrel, Phosphate finish.
•-Government Contour with Mid-length gas system.
•-Mid-length hand guards w/Triangle hand guard cap.
•-Barrel is Phosphate finished under the F marked A2 front sight base.
•-Barrel is HP Tested & MP Inspected
•-The M16 carriers are Chrome lined with a Mil-Spec phosphate finish.
•-The Full Auto M16 bolt is shot peened, HP Tested, & MP Inspected
•-Forged Mil-Spec carrier key, Chrome lined, attached with Grade 8 hardware and Properly staked.
•-MP tested bolt, Each extractor is fitted with a Mil-Spec black insert and Mil-Spec Viton o-ring.
•-Forged Mil-Spec charging handle.
•-A2 Flash Hider.

I have owned quite a few AR's. From way back when when you could basically only get Colt's, Oly Arms, etc., I was even lucky enough to own a SR-25 that was number 96 or 98 of the first ones built in the early 90's.

Since then I have owned DPMS, POF, RRA, and have shot Noveske, Larue, etc.

Having had access or owned many brands....hands down for me JP's are the "best" for me.

Fit and finish. Accuracy. Customer service. Ingenuity and innovation. All second to none.

Below is one of my old 20" JP's. Top group was shot at 100 yards off a bi-pod with FACTORY ammo while sighting in the NF scope.
Bottom target was from a 600 yard benchrest match I decided to shoot in with a AR for shits and giggles.
Ammo used was hand rolled 77 SMK's seated mag length over 24.3gr of RL-15.

I have owned 6-7 JP upper based rigs and use lots of their parts and ALL of them shoot.

Take it for what its worth.

Take care,Stan

it's all shits and giggles, tell someone giggles and shits.

xdeano

I've put together several uppers with Noveske barrels, all of which have been great shooters. The LMT MRP chassis with rock stainless barrels are also impressive.

There are many good quality uppers on the market and after owing a couple, my personal favorite has got to be a JP.

I'm an .308 ARMALITE fan.

Never met one of their SS barrels not go <0.75" @ 100yds with factory fodder that it liked.

Never, EVAR, met one of their C-L'd pipes not go <0.75 - 0.50" @ 100yds with fodder that it liked.

YMMV, I've gone through about a dozen since 1999.

This one with an AIMPOINT 5000 (1.5MOA RedDot) and Hornady Classic 150gr SST fodder @ 100yds right before next days Bambi Bashing Opening Day:

AR10A4AIMPOINTBUISUP.jpg

AR10A4AIMPOINT.jpg

P7160373.jpg

P7160374.jpg

P7160375.jpg

Target on the right {last proof target of the evening) got three clicks "RIGHT"
then packed up for Opening Day @ 13 hours later.

Ooops, 5.56?

1)BCM Standard 16" middie .gov profile
2)Armalite 20" C-L'd Heavy/Std profile (A4)

BlakeJ, where does reliability factor in your wants?

Really goes without being said but, you can buy the best and put junk ammo in it (or just the wrong stuff) and cheap glass on top and end up very disappointed. A good package is hard beat.