• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Most efficient muzzle brake for my 6x47L???

steve123

Lt. Colonel
Minuteman
Mar 16, 2008
none of your business
Time for a new barrel and I'm thinking about replacing my SSG brake with another brand.

A friend has one of the Scorehigh brakes that works better than mine. He's shooting 140's out of this 6.5 creed in a lighter rifle and his has less recoil and muzzle flip than my 6mm does.

I want less muzzle rise and less recoil and I don't care how loud it is.

What are my options?

Thanks guys!

muscle brake, I have a 3 port the same diameter as the barrel and now my 260 recoils like a 22 mag.

Last edited:
The APA is a very impressive brake! I had the Little Jimmy on my 7WSM and it was amazing. I have a new Savage with a threaded barrel so I decided to get a removable brake like the Badger and have decided to give the Big Chubby a try. I just got it in the mail yesterday; it's crazy big and heavy (13.5oz)! I haven't shot it yet but if you have seen the YouTube videos it looks pretty impressive. I'll provide some feedback as soon as I shoot it.

I didn't realize it till I went to Nathans site-(SSG), but he has some updated brakes with 5 slots on the side, plus it has larger volume, and with top vents also.

I think I'm going to order one of them because I like him and he does tremendous machining.

Thanks for the help.