• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Maggie’s Most impressive shot?

Re: Most impressive shot?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's the card shot video.......heh...heh...I was quite tickled with myself to say the least!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQRaW_hPFsk </div></div>

Nice shot but dont you worry about the house directly behind the berm?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Goldie</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mgd45</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's the card shot video.......heh...heh...I was quite tickled with myself to say the least!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQRaW_hPFsk </div></div>

Nice shot but dont you worry about the house directly behind the berm? </div></div>

There isn't one....??

There's about 1700 yards of trees & solid woods between our Dept. range berm and the nearest single house farmland, that might be in the line of fire......but hey, I didn't design it....I just work here!

Don't feel bad Goldie, I was thinking the same thing. The first thing my eye went to as the video started were the straight angular lines in the treeline just over his left earmuff cup that registered as "roof of house" in my brain. Must be just the way the background shows up in the video resolution.

Then again, if it's mgd45's house and ain't nobody home, well, hell, when can I come over and shoot?
laugh.gif

once got a little bird about 45 yds away with a hitachi nail gun, shooting a 3 1/4 nail.

Best shot I ever saw was when my buddy threw a bat at another guy who was 20 yards away and running. The bat hit him in the back of the skull, pivoted around his head, and hit him in the face as well. The guy bled from both sides of his head. I know it ain't firearm related but it sure as hell impressed me...

We had a good scrum going one nite outside The Wayside near CMU. This guy jumps in his car, backs up about 100mph, just misses me, then takes off. He is flipping me off, screaming and turning left onto the main road. I fired a can of Stroh's (30pack days) and hit him in the nose at about 75 yards. This knocked him out, his car went up on the curb and the police rolled up behind him 15 seconds later. We sat there and watched him get cuffed and car towed.

late afternoon last summer was sighting in two guns on two shoot n c targets when the sun started to go down. grabbed my ap4308 just to squeeze off a few shots open sights before loading up and kinda glanced between the two targets so i could measure the groups from the other guns and pop pop pop put it away and went to get the target to see all 3 rounds were in a 3/4 group dead between targets could try for years and never duplicate

at about 17 went with some buddies to shoot 22s but i took my baby eagle 9 cuz i like things a little louder and destructice and a dookie doo just wouldnt cut it. had a spraypaint can at 80 yds that they kept missing up on a snow hill so i said watch this shot once paint went everywhere and as it started rolling down the hill i kept firing out of the 10 rds i shot 6 hit the paint can couldnt believe it

my uncle has a friend in texas thats from south africa and he imports game into the country to sell to ranchers for exotic hunts as well as doing them himself. he had some older impalas if i remember correctly that he wanted to get rid of because of their numbers on his ranch so he offered my uncle a hunt free of charge. upon getting to the area where they were he asked if he could take a specific one about 200 yds away and when he got the ok he fired a shot. Happily going downrange to claim his soon to be exotic mount for the living room he noticed another one 50 yds behind the one he shot. both dead same bullet ooops my bad lol

About 4yrs ago we had a hell of a rain and half the county was flooded in 3-4ft water. Six of us went out with the intent of taking pictures but wound up on an island so to speak drinking beer and shooting the shit. I was emptying a leg in front of the truck when a egret flew by at 125yds. Everyone was hollering to shoot so I did. Dropped his ass with an old Ruger M77V in 25-06. And the crowd went wild lol

A few months later we where deer hunting in an 80 that is normally our duck hole. We're shotgun slug only so I was carrying a Browning A-5 with a vent rib barrel. I got stuck with a dipshit that had never been deer hunting and didnt really want to go. So 20 minutes in he's catching some z's in the tree stand with me when I see a squirrel. I decide to shoot it just to scare the hell outa the boy. So I shoot it and tell him to retrieve it. While he's on the ground he looks up at me and starts yelling and pointing. I look up and there is a vulture doing the back pedal thing. I shit you not, he wasn't 8ft away. So I unload on him completely missing him. About four seconds later something hits the ground. I thought it was a limb I had shot loose. Turns out it was a coot! Apparently he was bee-bopping along minding his buisiness when he caught a slug to the neck that was intended for a vulture.

And last but not least. We used to use a shop that was an old cotton gin. We had some ginormous mice in this place. So I come in from bow hunting and I'm telling tall tales and whatnot when we spot a mouse running across a 220 line on the wall. Everyone starts grabbing tire irons and other blunt objects. I cock my cross bow throw a bolt in it and fire. The lights blink and the mouse falls dead. I had missed the mouse and hit the power wire. I guess death by electricity is the culprit cause I sure as hell didn't hit the mouse.

Those are my most impressive shots. Call bullshit if you will but I have many witness's and some excellent photos
smile.gif

I guess my best shots aren't that interesting, but I got'em. I had a Crossman BB gun, the one that was an M16 look alike. At the time we had a LARGE 2 car garage and I shot a mouse off the throttle of my dirt bike. I was all the way across the garage, and if anyone remembers those guns, they were ok at best. The best part was that my gf at the time was watching, and "The Great Hunter" got rewarded for the great shot. hehehehe

Well I didnt witness it myself but story goes my Mom shot a antilope at full speed at 150 yds +/- with a .243 gramps has the mount but who knows Ive always been a little skeptical but who knows.

OK, filed away under the category of Things We Used To Do As Kids That Are Now Classified As Felonies, I had a Crosman 760 pump BB gun when I was a kid. Got it for Christmas when I was 12. Know the old saying "beware the one-gun man"? I had a friend who had one as well, and his dad built a range in his basement for us. We were stupid good; pennies at 25 feet were the norm. We shot stuff out of each other's hands without warning. No birds, rodents, squirrels, or insects were safe, and we could pump, reload, and shoot about every 10 seconds. We'd stick 22LR shells in the braid of barbed wire fencing, step back 10 paces and try to shoot them and make them go off. We succeeded a lot. I shot a copperhead that my cousin had just stepped over, not like it was far away, but it was right behind the head, dead as a hammer. The list goes on; why we didn't "put an eye out" I think is proof that God watches over children, BB guns notwithstanding.

Two things: I'd love to be as good with a rifle as I remember being with that BB gun; second, I wore that gun completely out; I don't know that I'll ever shoot as much with my rifle as I ever did with that BB gun.

The most impressive display of non luck shooting I've seen was a buddy that took us skeet shooting and said since we were all new to the sport he would give us a handicap and shoot from the hip. He got 25 straight.... which it turned out that he could do on a fairly regular basis.

My best was two crows w/ 1 shot at 350 yards with a 30-06. Popped the rear crows head clean off.

DSC_0384.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: kilbux</div><div class="ubbcode-body">About 4yrs ago we had a hell of a rain and half the county was flooded in 3-4ft water. Six of us went out with the intent of taking pictures but wound up on an island so to speak drinking beer and shooting the shit. I was emptying a leg in front of the truck when a egret flew by at 125yds. Everyone was hollering to shoot so I did. Dropped his ass with an old Ruger M77V in 25-06. And the crowd went wild lol

A few months later we where deer hunting in an 80 that is normally our duck hole. We're shotgun slug only so I was carrying a Browning A-5 with a vent rib barrel. I got stuck with a dipshit that had never been deer hunting and didnt really want to go. So 20 minutes in he's catching some z's in the tree stand with me when I see a squirrel. I decide to shoot it just to scare the hell outa the boy. So I shoot it and tell him to retrieve it. While he's on the ground he looks up at me and starts yelling and pointing. I look up and there is a vulture doing the back pedal thing. I shit you not, he wasn't 8ft away. So I unload on him completely missing him. About four seconds later something hits the ground. I thought it was a limb I had shot loose. Turns out it was a coot! Apparently he was bee-bopping along minding his buisiness when he caught a slug to the neck that was intended for a vulture.</div></div>

Be careful what you brag about shooting. Things like egrets will land your ass in jail, cost you all of your guns, and prevent you from ever legally hunting again. Vultures are protected too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chuff</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> Be careful what you brag about shooting. Things like egrets will land your ass in jail, cost you all of your guns, and prevent you from ever legally hunting again. Vultures are protected too. </div></div>

Certainly, and this thread wasn't meant to be all about being "all that", we try to avoid the brag here... Because humility is fun!

And now that I think about it, I just remembered... this one time... when I was playing Halo 3... I got this super-ossum snipur rifle kill frum like... across teh map! LULZ!
(joke intended)

25 years ago I lived in WV and did a lot of shooting (not at rifle ranges) and we could shoot all kinds of stuff and all kinds of distances.

My best (almost) shot was a crow at 600 yds. from the side of one mountain across a big wide holler to the side of the next mountain. 03A4 with it's favorite reload of Remington cases, Fed. BR primers, IMR4350 powder and Sierra 180 grain matchkings. I was looking for deer and not seeing anything but a flock of crows feeding through a reclaimed strip job on the mountain side across from me. Eventually I got bored enough to take a shot. That crow flopped, fluttered, jerked, all around as he rolled back down the hill side. I was jumping up and down hollering "die you SOB, die!" I was gonna walk over there, get that sucker and have it mounted. After awhile he finally got up and fluttered up into a small tree and just sat there. I got set and took a second shot and he got out of the tree and flew away. Oh, all those stories about how if you wound a crow the rest of them will hand around and protect him isn't true. When the bullet, or a fragment, or a rock fragment or whatever smacked him the rest of the crows left town and did not come back to check on him.

Best one I made was on a groundhog. My buddy missed him. The kid who lived on the farm told us we'd never get that groundhog because he was so old and smart and he'd been trying to kill him for years. A little while later I thought I saw something funny in the grass out in the field. I got my rifle and took a look through the scope. The groundhog barely had is nose and one eye out of the hole looking around, his head wasn't horizontal, it was vertical. I got set up, took the shot and my buddy announced that I'd missed - no hair, blood, brain matter spray like we'd usually see. I climbed over the fence (old split rail fence) and walked down to the edge of the hill where the hole was and the ground hog was lying on his back dead as a door nail. Nothing left past his eyes. I picked him up by the hind leg and started back up to the shady spot under the black walnut trees where we watched the fields from. I climbed over the fence and with my rifle (Rem. M700 BDL varmint special in .223) cracled across my body on my left arm and carrying the ground hog with my right hand I started up the hill. I held the ground hog to show my buddy and the kid and stepped in a pile of still wet (and slick) cow shit and fell chest first into another still wet pile of cow shit. I took my shirt off and tossed it a little ways away from us to dry off. I kept trying to get the cow shit out of the checkering in the stock and the screws on the scope rings, etc. but didn't get it all out till I got home that night and took an old toothbrush and some water to it.

Funny how just about everytime you get to thinkin' how good you really are somehow you get knocked back down to earth again.

The third and fourth deer I ever shot were a two deer one shot. I was doing a deer mitigation hunt and we were supposed to be taking does, and it was "earn-a-buck". It was the second day of an already successful hunt and was anxious to get a buck. I was posted up in between two downed trees that had crossed over each other, over-looking a valley (beginning of winter, so leaves are gone, visibility is good).

I saw three deer come running up over the ridge across from me and started heading down the slope, from what I could see it was two does and a buck following. Sure enough, they were heading straight towards me, like they were charging me. When I saw them, I was standing, so I stayed standing the whole time as they ran straight at me, and I was right out on one of their trails. I had my 12 gauge pump with sabots at the Alert, and when they got to 20 yards still coming at me, I got it at the Ready and went condition one. The two does passed me at 5 yards, so... bang... hit the first one in the spine and the round passed through and downed the other by hitting it in the artery just behind the heart, clipped both lungs.

Wondering where the buck went, I turned and saw it had broken off about 30 yards back, sneaky bastard was a bit smarter. I took one shot at maybe 75 yards running quartering away, but missed. I would have had three deer in two shots in under 30 seconds that day, but I just settled with the two nice sized does. (And yes, I had all the required tags)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Crazy Dog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">about 6 years ago. my boy was with me out in the wild. A couple crows flew over head at 35 yards,pop two of them with a .40 SW pistol, within 5 seconds! Never happen again! </div></div>

I did just about the same thing with my AR got em both

My best friend and I were dicken around sort of hog hunting but more out to dick around and tour the country side on a four wheeler, and were in some open but straight up and down country. We came across this boar weighing about 300lbs no shit 200 yds downhill under a tree, it was as close to straight up and down as you could get and still walk up it. I told him he couldnt hit it with his pistol, it was a colt 45, with magtechs, he hit that sob off handed right behind the shoulder dead as a doorknob!

First two deer: I was 13, using a borrowed .22-250. I was on the end of a deer drive with another guy. A doe and a fawn came out and stopped. He told me to shoot. I figured they were way out there, so I was holding well over the top of the back above the vitals. At the shot, the doe dropped. He said well we need another one, so I lined up on the fawn with the same hold. Same result, bang-flop.

We figured at the time 350-400 yards. Turns out a .22-250 doesn't drop as much as I had thought. The wind had pushed the bullet over and the doe was hit dead between the eyes. The fawn was hit in the same place, about an inch higher.

I know that may be hard to believe, but its true.

My dad shot a running coyote at about 800 yards with an '06. He always figured you should let them know you saw them. He was pretty surprised when it piled up.

My brother and I were shooting ruger .22 pistols at my place. A flock of starlings landed in the trees about 150 yards away. He lined up and one fell. He's a pretty good shot with a pistol but not that good.

All of these are dumb luck.

We were doing some night shooting with spotlight. We spot a fallow deer in the middle of the road, some 100yds off. My mate shoots and misses. Somehow the animal is disorientated and he runs straight towards us. Frantically he shoots again, and again, and again...all misses. By now the animal is blinded by the light, the dust and gunsmoke. The deer runs straight into the front of the vehicle, gets up, jumps onto the hood, leaps the cab and lands in the back of the pickup with the rest of us....we all took of in different directions, the deer making a clean getaway....very impressive shooting that was!!!!!!

a-stan attached with some fellows... pulling security with my dog outside a compound we were going into... bout 3 or 4 am total darkness.. looking through nvgs, i see a head pop up on a roof and peek over bout 50 yds away,,, then about 5 or 6 lil green lasers are on him.. he slowly ducks back down, and slowly comes back up about 30 seconds later.. lasers all on him... raises an ak-47.. and caught alot of rounds for his troubles.. just makes me chuckle everytime i think of it.. dude had no clue...

When I was about 14 I was shooting cans in the corral off my grandparents deck. I was using a tube fed bolt action 22 that was probably made before my parents were. Anyway, on one shot I managed to knock one of those folger coffee cans over (it was on the ground). My grandpa says ok John Wayne shoot it back up for us, with quite the grin I may add. I put the front sight bead at the line between the ground and the can and touch one off. Ill be damned if the dam thing doesnt flip up perfectly and sit there. I turned to gramps and in a straight face ask, does that work grandpa? I still find it hard to believe I did it, but I have 3 witnesses. Best shot Ill ever have.

Last week, my 15 yr old son and I were at the range. I was talking smack and told him I was going to shoot the wind indicator ribbon at 500 y (with my Savage Mod 12 .223). It was dead ass calm.

He smirked and said, "yea..alright" and spotted for me.

Close on my first two, hit it on my third shot.

Probably couldn't do it again in a million years.

first a funny story, when i was 11 i used to sit outside all day and shoot flowers off there stems and birds off the wire with my old pump up BB gun with a 10x scope. One day my mom came outside and i wanted to show off my "skill" so I said "Mom, watch this.". I took aim and drilled one of the dove's sitting on the wire about 40m away. My mom was less than amused and she try to sway me away from my new found hobby by telling me with a sorrowful tone "Son, did you know that doves mate for life and if one die's it will never mate again? now what will you do about this..?". I think she was expecting me to feel bad and say something like “oh gosh mom i didn’t know I’m sorry” .. but instead I replied "Hmmm, looks like ill have to shoot the other one too.". At that moment is when my mom said she knew I would end up in the military someday... I still get a laugh out it.

now on to the topic...

the most amazing shot i have ever pulled would have to be shooting small game off in the BLM land outside of town and I caught sight of a chipmunk. pulling off a snap shot with my Bushmaster AR-15 i knocked him off a stump from about 100m just the lack of shot prep mixed with the tiny target at 100m impressed the shit out of myself but i think it gave the girl i was shooting with at the time the creeps and i never got a call from her again. lol

Couple quick ones...

Missed a shot at 20 yrds on a moving spike. Figured the morning hunt was over, so I took an offhand neck shot at a gobbler running full speed away from me head bobbing the whole way. Split his neck in half at about 150 yrds exactly where I was aiming. Used a Rem. 788 243 Win. Gun later got stolen. Still miss that rifle.

Was bow hunting squirrels on my college campus. Students walking everywhere and squirrel pops his head up from the crouch of a large tree. Only shot that wouldn't hit the other students was a head shot. Made it cleanly at about 25 yards. No students injured.

Just remembered another one:

Up at the lake and a guy was watersking about 75 yards offshore and messing up my fishing (so I thought). So I had some bottle rockets with me and lit one up. Threw it underhanded into the air and it caught and shot towards the waterskier. Remember that I was playing a massive amount of lead to try to hit him. The bottle rocket wobbled in the air, hit him and lodged under his right armpit, exploded and knocked him down. I was laughing so hard it was hard to keep on fishing. Couldn't make that shot again if my life depended on it.

when I was 16 I got a bow and started shooting daily after school. after about a month I came outside and a bird was in the grass at the edge of the driveway. I ran in grabbed my bow and drilled that sucker from the porch. Id say a good 25 yards maybe even 30

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ratbert</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

aad.jpg

aab.jpg
</div></div>

not to steal your thunder but that happens in our house a lot lol

A long time ago i was hanging out with a couple of guys, id say we were no more than 16. We had a box of eggs and we were speculating targets. A couple of girls came out of a house 130 yards away (we stepped out the distance afterwards). Anyway one of the guys said I bet I can hit one of them with an egg. We said not a chance at that distance. He launched the egg into the air throwing it at a very high trajectory. It was evening and getting dark and we lost sight of the egg. About 5 seconds later we heard a massive thump and one of the girls was screaming. The egg had hit her square on the top of the head and the shell had broken the skin and she was bleeding. We couldn't believe it.

The funny part was her friend ran up to us and asked did we see anyone throwing eggs. We were that far away from the girls that they never once suspected it was one of our group

Yes I know were going to hell

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: irishshooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">A long time ago i was hanging out with a couple of guys, id say we were no more than 16. We had a box of eggs and we were speculating targets. A couple of girls came out of a house 130 yards away (we stepped out the distance afterwards). Anyway one of the guys said I bet I can hit one of them with an egg. We said not a chance at that distance. He launched the egg into the air throwing it at a very high trajectory. It was evening and getting dark and we lost sight of the egg. About 5 seconds later we heard a massive thump and one of the girls was screaming. The egg had hit her square on the top of the head and the shell had broken the skin and she was bleeding. We couldn't believe it.

The funny part was her friend ran up to us and asked did we see anyone throwing eggs. We were that far away from the girls that they never once suspected it was one of our group

Yes I know were going to hell </div></div>

That is awesome. LOL hilarious. and the fact they never suspected a thing is even better

Myself, my brother, and my dad are at the range
sighting my brothers rifle in for deer season.
Bro is not much of a hunter/ shooter.
I'm ribbin him some about his 100 yard target,
and I run my head about being able to do that with
my bow. Bro and pops throw the BS flag.
I walk over to my truck, grab my bow, step up
to the firing line and send a hail Mary!
Arrow goes right through the big diamond
of a redfield sight in target. I calmly go put
my bow up, but on the inside I'm doing back flips!
That look on my brothers face was priceless.
Pops always knew the truth, but I've never told
my brother that it was pure luck!

one time many years ago my dad and uncle were deer hunting. well my uncle shot at a deer with a slug from a shotgun that was running dead away from him. Well he didnt think he got it cuz there was no blood. Well luckily it fell right inside the wood line dead as a hammer. Upon further inspection they could not find where he hit the deer. Once they started cleaning it they found that he had perfectly shot it straight up the butthole. so perfect that the hole wasn't even damaged enough to tell he had done it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Trey Warren</div><div class="ubbcode-body">one time many years ago my dad and uncle were deer hunting. well my uncle shot at a deer with a slug from a shotgun that was running dead away from him. Well he didnt think he got it cuz there was no blood. Well luckily it fell right inside the wood line dead as a hammer. Upon further inspection they could not find where he hit the deer. Once they started cleaning it they found that he had perfectly shot it straight up the butthole. so perfect that the hole wasn't even damaged enough to tell he had done it. </div></div>

Is your uncle Mr. Humble?

About 4 years ago while deer hunting with a friend. I whitnessed him make a 550-575 yard head shot on a running whittail doe and it was totally bullshit and he pulled it off flawlessly. We were short on light and tried one last field to see if we could get him a doe before sundown. As we drove into the field we saw 4 does get up and and start lightly running away from us. My buddies uncle Craig jokingly said theres your shot better take it. The truck stopped Tyler my buddy got out lined up with the last doe and pulled the trigger. About a second later the last doe dumped over and everybody was silent. He was shooting a winchester model 70 light gun in 300wsm with a leupold 3-9x40 on 6 power!! Craig Me and another friend witnessed it all and still don't belive it happened. When we got up to the doe it had been shot through one eye and exited out the side of her face! So she must of looked back at the last second only to catch an eye full.

Was shooting with a guy who, do to an injury, only shoots standing or sitting. We go back to the 800 yard steel. He pull out an old Winchester 30-30, with a tang sight. He looks at a computer printout, adjusts the rear sight, loads the thing with 30 year old Montgomery Wards brand ammunition....and hit a 22 inch steel plate 3 times in 5 tries, offhand! I would never have believed it if I did not see it with my own eyes.

Jerry

Last night, I got up to pee and all of the lights were off and I didnt hit the toilet seat 1 time... pretty impressive I thought. hehe

10 years old playing BB gun "PIG" with a friend I bounced a BB off the bbal backboard, off the tin roof and split an apple off his head 50 yards away... did it two more times and knocked his ass outta the game. I'm pretty good.

Mike

Don Geraci and I were both shooting at a PD that was almost but not quite 1000 yards, like 980 something. He was shooting a 6br with 65gr hornadys and I was shooting a 22x47 with 40gr v-maxs launched about 4300 fps. Wind was gusting and the BCs of the bullets we were using suck. We had both taken a couple near miss shots when we both fired at almost the exact same time. One of us hit the PD flipping him in the air. The other bullet hit the PD in midair. No idea which of us hit him first.

Me and a couple friends grew up shooting a crossman bb gun. shot it till the front sight fell off it and the barrel was slightly bent. My friend phil could still clean hit a burning candle wick at 10ft wth it, so jealous of his ability.

A friend came over with a Colt single action revolver in .45 long Colt complaining that it was shooting to the left and if I know how to adjust the sights. We took it out to the range I had set up on my farm to see what I could do and asked for a shot for myself to see how bad it is out. I aimed at a gum tree leaf that was sitting on a termite mound about 50 yards away and first shot I blew it to dust.Then I handed the gun back to him saying that there was nothing wrong with the sights. To this day he still doesn't know that it was the biggest bullshit pistol shot I've ever done.