• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Most obnoxious muzzle brake

There are rifle/brake combos I will not shoot next to. I’ll wait for Mr. Tacticool to finish dumping his mag into that 5” group on a target 10 yards away while I busy myself elsewhere. Alternatively, shooting prone and getting a concrete table to break LOS between me and Mr. Obnoxious works well. Lots of rifles, especially with short barrels, have well over 10,000 psi of exit pressure - no interest in having that ruffle my carefully coiffed locks on every shot.

Have a couple of good ones for you. When I first built my AR-10. I was at the range and the second shot knocked the Fudd"s hat off next to me. He said now everyone thinks they are a f***ing sniper and stomped off. A few people have mentioned that my 6.5 PRC with the EC brake on it is loud. Best one though is my 50 Beowulf with a 10.5 barrel and a heart brake. It shakes the whole range when it goes off. Not to bad for the shooter though.

Ughh.
I was thinking about moving it off my 14.8" to something longer to make it less obnoxious...

I put a PVA Jetblast on a 20" barrel and it's louder than bare muzzle as brakes are, but not obnoxiously spewing stuff in my direction. They have a marketing image showing the blast direction on their page. Nearly direct side exit 90 degrees to muzzle.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
I've got a 24" .308 AT with a factory brake that people next to me have said, WTF was that, but the one that really sets them off is the 16" .308 DSA FAL.........it is loud.......I've shot my brothers Barrett........I'd much rather deal with the noise, as compared to the muzzle blast.......

Yeah the Fat Bastard gen 2 is not quite, also I got a Precision Armament m472 on one of my AR's that'll give you tennitus after one shot without ear pros

Gonna date myself here but the Bushmaster Mini-Y Comp that was on my Clinton Ban era AR was absolutely brutal on bystanders and wasn't much better for the shooter. That brake, combined with some old Peltor Tac6 electronic ear pro is the reason I have to say "what was that?" so much.

Apa bastards have a sharp pop to them that bugs the hell out of me even wearing ear pro. It's like a stab at your head with a T post!