• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Maggie’s Most Ridiculous Accuracy Claim You have Seen

Re: Most Ridiculous Accuracy Claim You have Seen

I just called him out. Awaiting a response.

Well, he challenged me to a shoot off... I told him I would once my 308 is finished.

smile.gif

The biggest problem is that people are terrible at judging distances.

This guy i know told me that he was hitting bulls eyes at 800 yards with his dads 300 weatherby magnum. I doubted this because i know that he has only shot a gun a few times.

I invite this guy to go shooting with me and i set up some steel at 500 yards. I know it was 500 yards because i have a rangefinder. Well, he thought that it was over a mile away!

Another work fella told me that him and a buddy would go out to a prairie dog farm near here and, with his single shot break open .223 Remington sitting on 24-36" shooting sticks and a 24 power scope, he'd consistently hit prairie dogs at distances of 600-800 yards.

Iv'e got one to contribute...
This is from my Mother's-sister's-brother in law. (Supposedly my uncle, but who knows lol)

After showing him a chinese SKS I inhereted from my grandfather passing away, he tells me this gem:
"Yeah I have one of those, had the Army armory guys (he is Army medical) rebarrel it with a 30" RPD barrel. I shoot it with a drum mag and get 1" groups at 300 yards."

My response to him was, "wow, that's pretty cool. I took this one out and was hitting a paper plate at 100yds with the iron-sights."

His response: "100? I only shoot my pistols at 100."

I chuckled inside a little. He must have thought I was attempting to 1-up him. My father was sitting in the next room laughing at our conversation.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Another one...

A friend of mine from college is really big into shooting his AR. He told me once that he consistently makes ragged holes at 200 yards, and his rifle makes it "too easy" to shoot long range so he doesn't do it anymore.

I invited him to come out shooting with me at a local range (100yds), and when we actually got down to shooting his "ragged hole" rifle was more like a 3MOA rifle.
His reasoning for a large group: "The bullets I shoot don't stabilize within 150yds."

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: want2Baccurate</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
His reasoning for a large group: "The bullets I shoot don't stabilize within 150yds."
</div></div>

I had a 300wsm, that would shoot tighter groups at 300yds than it would at 100yds, consistently.

Not really a shooting one, but I had a guy at the gun counter tell me that berger bullets were the best ever, and win all the competitions. I don't know if they do or not, but when I asked if they had any 168gr SMK's, he didn't know what they were, or what a boat tail hollow point was. About 5 minutes later, I saw him telling some guys how a remington 700 SPS, out of the box was the most accurate gun on the market, and if they buy it, they will win every competition there is. I just laughed and walked out.