• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Movie Theater Most underrated actor/actress?

BALLISTIC

Jack of all Trades
Minuteman
Dec 31, 2002
Vinland
My contention is William Dafoe. I love his character in every movie, and his spectrum of acting is far superior as far as different roles than many other actors.

I cannot decide which character I like better, Lt. Cmdr. Virgil 'Tiger' Cole in 'Flight of the Intruder' or FBI agent Paul Smecker in 'Boondock Saints'. Either way, totally different characters, and still a wealth of talent and entertainment.
What is your suggestion?

Last edited:
When I read the title of the thread, Willem Dafoe was actually the first name to pop into my head. That being said, I'm gonna go with Sean Connery, because no matter how awesome you think he is, you are underestimating.

Kevin Spacey. Because he can sing and dance, too.

Anne Hathaway....Although since Les Mis she's no longer underrated.

Last edited:
yeah he was great in Platoon....
I vote for Gary Oldman.....

I second this. The guy can literally play anything and gets recognition for nothing hardly. It's a shame he has just gotten nominated for an oscar he definitely deserves one.

Sam Rockwell is a very worth mention as well, guy can do just about anything. Most people have no idea who he is till they see him.

I don't see how Robert Duvall is underrated he's been nominated for six oscars and won one lol.

My contention is William Dafoe. I love his character in every movie, and his spectrum of acting is far superior as far as different roles than many other actors.

I cannot decide which character I like better, Lt. Cmdr. Virgil 'Tiger' Cole in 'Flight of the Intruder' or FBI agent Paul Smecker in 'Boondock Saints'. Either way, totally different characters, and still a wealth of talent and entertainment.
What is your suggestion?
-

William Dafoe is pretty versatile with range & underrated . He been around the block & well seasoned .
& HEY, You BIGTIME forgot one of his character roles that I will Never be able to get out of my mind . The role of that crazyassfuck psychotic ( Bobby Peru ) in, 'wild at heart' .

Dont forget .
Quote ..." speaking of Jack, One eyed Jack's yearning to go a peeping in a seafood store ".

& just 'One' of the Memorial Scenes of Bobby Peru .

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iEJdCyFoEDE

William Defoe In Route 66, hot cars, hot Chick and A nostalgic Race

Almost as much fun as closing the Bolt

John

in no order

willem dafoe
gary oldman
alan rickman
edward james olmos

i have more im sure but cant think of them right now...will update later...lol

Good call on Alan Rickman. If I ever meet him I'll tell him his best role was that episode of King of the Hill.