• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns most unoticible color for ccw gun

B

boomer81

this all started yesterday and got me thinking. me and a guy at work were on our way to a job and at a stop light a guy on the corner made real quick movement and pulled a black cellphone out of his back pocket. and i know our reaction was based on his type of action and quick movement and the way he drew it. but we both thought gun immedatly. then identified the cellphone.

we are mostly used to seeing guns being black and to a lesser extent stainless. so much so it was instant triggering of our senses. it got me thinking what color of gun would be least likely to be made out as a gun. it may give you a split second to get the drop on sombody before they realized hey thats a fucking gun pointed at me. im thinking white cerekote with custom made grips that had the apple logo on em. at a glance or in a high stress situation most would see that and their mind relate that to iphone. or hell hydro dip a snickers logo on the barrel. just be like camo for the urban jungle.

It's a banana, b-a-n-a-n-a ...

[IMG2=JSON]{"data-align":"none","data-size":"full","src":"https:\/\/i.imgur.com\/dC4l7y1.jpg"}[/IMG2]

I think that the question is valid, even if the answer may not be that easy to decipher.

If I saw that quick draw movement, that would immediately draw my eye and put me on high alert. I'm not so sure that a pistol being yellow or pink would do anything to alleviate my immediate anxiety, or of it would be even more noticeable than black.

I'm sure that there's a good class thesis there somewhere for an enterprising young future detective somewhere.

There have been several instances of dirtbags painting the front of their guns orange... Not sure if the theory is that in a stop the,officer might overlook as a you.... Or if,to cause hesitation on the part of an officer.

The short version is that if it looks like a gun and you are acting like its a gun... Prepare to get shot.

Cheers,

Sirhr

Y'all would be surprised at how little most people notice. My ex-wife and I were heading down the stairs at a large metropolitan concert hall with 300-500 other people, when her Glock 19 dropped out of her holster and skipped down the stairs about two stairs ahead of us. I noticed it immediately, and stepped quickly to catch up with it, and scooped it up and put it under my sport coat. Everyone else was so caught up with trying to beat the rush to the wine stand, that no one seemed to notice what had just happened. We stayed with the same group and went to the intermission area, and no one said anything.

I think people's mind tries to protect them from noticing and then having to deal with difficult things. My guess is that if anyone did notice anything, their mind told them they didn't really see what they thought they saw based on my lack of reaction.

My point being that if all other things are equal, I doubt the vast majority of people will even notice a bulge in your clothing, or a pistol, because noticing it would mean they might have to deal with an "issue" that they would rather just went away. Don't act like a guy with a pistol, and most people will treat you that way. In over 30 years of carrying on and off duty,I have yet to be asked to show my ID, otherwise justify why I am carrying a pistol. But then, I don't act like a guy with a gun. That includes carrying yourself like an everyday schmoe rather than walking and standing like you are on guard duty, or otherwise acting like a "tough guy".

When the situation requires it, you don't want to act like a victim, but it really helps knowing how to act either like a schmoe, or like a guy that no one wants to mess with. Knowing the difference, and being able to play either role is a Giant advantage. Hell, the ninja knew and practiced those skills 700 years ago...those skills are still useful.

Gotta get that t-shirt camouflage. Some gold foil, Calvin Klein stickers, etc.

I've carried concealed for the past 38 years and can say that color should make no difference if you are concealing properly as the gun should not be seen.

Confused...if properly concealed it won’t make a difference of the color. Black works for me.

God forbid any of us ever have to use a concealed weapon. God forbid. But if you did... can you imagine the field day the lawyers would have with you in a civil suit if your firearm was painted up like a damned toy?

This is a silly proposition. Made by a silly person who isn’t taking concealed carry with the proper amount of responsibility or respect. Sure hope you’re joking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I see folks go for their wallet several times a day, and think nothing of it. So I'd be thinking brown.

Greg

But if you did... can you imagine the field day the lawyers would have with you in a civil suit if your firearm was painted up like a damned toy?
I don't lose a second of sleep over the color of my pistol.

I also don't lose any sleep over the overly dramatized civil lawsuit scare tactic. In my state, civil liability does not attach to self defense if it's ruled criminally justified. And if it's not criminally justified then I'm facing a felony trial and possibly prison, which means getting sued in civil court is the least of my worries.

I also don't lose any sleep over the overly dramatized civil lawsuit scare tactic. In my state, civil liability does not attach to self defense if it's ruled criminally justified.

So is it still considered “overly dramatized” if it’s in a state where that is not the case? Because in my state, civil liability is always there. And what you write on the Internet never disappears.

Just something to think about. Hope the OP never finds himself in a situation where he has to use his gun to defend himself.

with my color of clothes I wear black blends in to everything else allowing me to raise my shirt up as I bend over to see something or such and it just blends in with the rest.. so I would say pick the clothing color you wear a lot. however when it comes to drawing it everything goes out the window as many here have said. and also I agree people don't go looking for it if it is concealed they will make excuses like that is is just a phone or such causing the bulge on your hip.

Wonder if I blended up a few of those chameleon lizards and painted my cc weapon with their liquid remains it would make it blend in with whatever its nearest?

So is it still considered “overly dramatized” if it’s in a state where that is not the case? Because in my state, civil liability is always there. And what you write on the Internet never disappears.

Just something to think about. Hope the OP never finds himself in a situation where he has to use his gun to defend himself.

Then you better move elsewhere if you live in such fear of what you might say or do.......

Mirrored finish not in direct light. It will look like what ever is directly next to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Actually, go just the opposite of what you are thinking about. There was a study done, and I will try and find it, where people were subjected to black guns vs bright pink guns. Most thought that the bright pink gun was a fake gun and did not react as aggressively to the gun. So to reiterate what was already stated, that if you carry concealed it should not matter what color because no one should ever see it. But there is one other reason I carry a bright pink gun now. With all the libtards out there, people will say anything. Unfortunately, I do ride around with friends that place pro-gun stickers on their car. If some idiot ever calls the cops and tries to say I pointed a gun at them (The will not see mine) Most will say it was black or shiny. When I show the officer my weapon it will be hard for them to explain how they did not describe it as a bright fing pink. And my Glock 19 still shoots like any other Glock 19 even if it is girly.

My experience is that the eye does not really see black...especially against a background that is moving or has multiple colors/textures. Lots of folks feel that black on a wall will draw the eye. Like a black picture frame or the mount for a TV that is black but the opposite is true. At a glance the eye/mind perceives black as nothing.

I carry Appendix in a State that is hysterical if they spot a pistol in CCL. I wear a black Wife Beater under a dark T-Shirt or button down untucked carrying a Beretta Px4 Black gun in a black holster and with a black belt. My Wife was concerned about printing at one time and while we were standing in the kitchen talking I hiked up my outer shirt fully exposing my gun. and then put my short back down and said "what did you see?"

She said "you flashed me!" Did you see a gun?

What gun?

Black is the best color if you don;t want them to know. Stainless or Hard Chrome when pointed at someone gets their attention instantly.

VooDoo