• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

most youd pay for non windowed pmags right now?

512BPG

Private
Minuteman
Jan 6, 2012
Gun broker prices interesting. Local tiny shop has them in stock. Wondering what price people think is reasonable. I'm sure this varies based on how many you already have.

Re: most youd pay for non windowed pmags right now?

I'd go $20 for NIW 30 rounders, $15 for 20 rounders.

Only YOU can determine what is fair or reasonable to YOU.

I personally wouldn't pay any sort of a "premium" for them based on my needs, but again, your needs may very well be different.

What is MSRP? I bought a small stash of 20LR pmags between Dec 21 and Jan 1 and didn't pay over 19.99 + tax and/or shipping for any of them. For most of us, all of the current market forces will most likely evaporate in a few weeks/months.

Mags and bullets and lowers and all of the other things currently out of stock will enter the supply lines eventually. Regardless of what you may read or think, no one is gouging anyone for anything. We aren't talking about bread and milk- "black rifles" (and their accessories) are luxury goods for the vast VAST majority of us. If everyone would just step back and say "Do I actually NEED this" before dropping $100 on a magazine, market forces would already be correcting themselves.

Of course, I've got what I consider to be several lifetimes' more magazines than I ever expect to NEED. Afterall, the gun can only hold one at a time...

Bought $12 or so.

I see no reason to spend anymore than that. If you wait it out a while prices will fall just like they did post 08 panic.

just bought 8 windowed 30 rounders from my roommate for 12 bucks a piece........

3 or 4 weeks ago I bought ten 20L's for $210 delivered from PK FireArms
His price on the 30's without windows is $13 bucks

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ORD</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Only YOU can determine what is fair or reasonable to YOU.

I personally wouldn't pay any sort of a "premium" for them based on my needs, but again, your needs may very well be different. </div></div>

understood. seeing them for $40 in that store and around that on gunbroker just made me question what people on here had paid/would pay.

i let them sit at $40 a piece.

$14.95.....

All you freak outs are gonna have a $1000 invested in $100 worth of mags when this bill gets killed....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$14.95.....

All you freak outs are gonna have a $1000 invested in $100 worth of mags when this bill gets killed.... </div></div>

or theyre going to be holding onto gold.

forget the market, gunbroker > etrade in terms of watching the peaks and valleys

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 512BPG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$14.95.....

All you freak outs are gonna have a $1000 invested in $100 worth of mags when this bill gets killed.... </div></div>

forget the market, gunbroker > etrade in terms of watching the peaks and valleys </div></div>

Not if they paid 300% mark up... You're only holding gold if you got them for non freak out prices.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 512BPG</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JRose</div><div class="ubbcode-body">$14.95.....

forget the market, gunbroker > etrade in terms of watching the peaks and valleys </div></div>

Not if they paid 300% mark up... You're only holding gold if you got them for non freak out prices. </div></div>

youre assuming prices would not increase over time if supply was shut down.

stocks at "300% markup" years ago that are now at 300%+ of that are the same thing. in fact when i was looking at some of the available mags i was thinking in the same exact terms... since i already bought many at $12ish, buying some at inflated prices would still mean my average cost was non f me in the arse prices if i chose to sell or keep either one.

Nothing would get me to buy anything, right now. I'll wait for "it" to blow over. I'd suggest that to any who'll listen. The "friends" that listened to me, last summer, got what they "needed", then. Wait 6-8 mos. it'll have calmed down.Look at what happened to Gold.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joshboucher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing would get me to buy anything, right now. I'll wait for "it" to blow over. I'd suggest that to any who'll listen. The "friends" that listened to me, last summer, got what they "needed", then. Wait 6-8 mos. it'll have calmed down.Look at what happened to Gold. </div></div>

This x 100. When the freakout finally passes, prices will settle back down as suppliers rebuild their inventory.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: joshboucher</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Nothing would get me to buy anything, right now. I'll wait for "it" to blow over. I'd suggest that to any who'll listen. The "friends" that listened to me, last summer, got what they "needed", then. Wait 6-8 mos. it'll have calmed down.Look at what happened to Gold. </div></div>

understood. glad i stockpiled some things (especially reloading supplies) a while back. pissed that it took me this long to decide that i actually wanted an AR15 platform as well now that ive read up on the 300 Blackout. seems like a perfect little brother to my lr308 for the hogs around here.

I would pay $14 for non-window PMAGs, or if feeling charitable $35 for the same from Quantico. Because I like supporting VA companies, as well as companies that haven't jacked their prices up. And the donation goes to a good cause.

Just passed on some being offered at $20 each, but like hlee, I already have what I consider to be a lifetime supply plus some... And I still have some backordered at normal prices so I'm content to sit on the sidelines for now. Worst case at some point I may need to trade some of my 30 rounders for 20.

I would not pay a cent over what they run for at midway/brownells etc. no matter what the panic rate is right now.

Quantico Tactical sold em to me for $11.30 each non windowed no tax free shiping.

$18 for the windows, which is what I paid on a website a few days ago. Granted I'm on backorder, but I'm not going to pay the ridicules prices folks are trying to charge right now

I have accumulated almost 100 30 rd mags in the past 4 weeks. I have paid 1.5 - 2 times what the going rate was 6 months ago. But I have plenty of mags now. If you are waiting for prices to calm down, you might be out of luck with pending legislation. Just my .02

I don't know. The federal government can't adequately enforce immigration and drug trafficking laws in states that want them to. I'm not sure that they will be able to enforce federal firearm laws in states that don't.

Even when there is a hurricane swirling in the gulf knocking down oil platforms by the bushel basket full i don't pay 2x for gasoline (and I actually need gas)...

But, buy what you like and buy what you think you need. However, don't expect a decent ROI if you are a spec buyer in this market.

hlee said:
I don't know. The federal government can't adequately enforce immigration and drug trafficking laws in states that want them to. I'm not sure that they will be able to enforce federal firearm laws in states that don't.
hlee said:
"CAN'T" they don't want to on either part. They can and will if tasked to. Why the "who's buying a lot of ammo" check; they target the biggest threat first and move down. Bank on it.

Depends on how many you want? If I was going to buy 2 or 3 I'd pay up to $40. If I want a bunch, I would not buy any right now. People are hoarding them right now so they are to expensive. There are other 30 round mags, besides p-mags. I don't understand why the craze over p-mags?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CounterViolence</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Depends on how many you want? If I was going to buy 2 or 3 I'd pay up to $40. If I want a bunch, I would not buy any right now. People are hoarding them right now so they are to expensive. There are other 30 round mags, besides p-mags. I don't understand why the craze over p-mags? </div></div>

Dude! Even this guy doesn't want to look like a noob...

Brownells Pmag backorder

Most I would pay is $13...

Just sold 4 the other day on GB for $43.75ea
smile.gif

That video is Great!-haha
I'll get a tapco stock to go with my mags.-haha

Its gonna be a good laugh at those are sitting on all of their 50-75 dollar mags in a few months when the patient ones will be buying again for 10-15. For those using the scare tactics to sell stuff or justify paying. I hope they enjoy their gold mines when they melt into pennies on the dollar.

local shop here has some that are windowed, for 59.95 plus tax...they haven't left their shop yet either

Sorry, for your loss. I was "lucky enough" to see this coming{Thanks Dad.RIP}, and bought over the summer. Might I say. 100 30rnd. clips? Now you can make some bucks. I've got 12, and I think i'm fine. Just me.<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chh3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have accumulated almost 100 30 rd mags in the past 4 weeks. I have paid 1.5 - 2 times what the going rate was 6 months ago. But I have plenty of mags now. If you are waiting for prices to calm down, you might be out of luck with pending legislation. Just my .02 </div></div>

MSRP and not penny more....for now.
Pretty much all of my inventory was accumulated via sale or group buy.
I do have 30 on BO with Brownell's at the standard price but not going to ever pay more than that.
The prices WILL stabilize sooner or later and no need to feed the Newbie Hyper-flation.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: chh3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have accumulated almost 100 30 rd mags in the past 4 weeks. I have paid 1.5 - 2 times what the going rate was 6 months ago. But I have plenty of mags now. If you are waiting for prices to calm down, you might be out of luck with pending legislation. Just my .02 </div></div>
Good God.
crazy.gif

It remains to be seen but at this point it appears you are a dumbass.

$13 tops, I have no need for more mags. The only reason I can imagine to pay the inflated prices in order to have a hundred or more on hand is with hopes that legislation will pass and allow a healthy profit to be made on them. I understand someone picking up a few at the current stupid prices if they only had a few but the hoarding of mags is beyond me.

Hmmm, I would trade my two windowed 30 pmags for two gen 3 20s. That is how much I would pay.

I would pay $20 tops! but still I would rather the price be down around $12.