• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Motorcyclist clocked going 193 mph on NY highway

Re: Motorcyclist clocked going 193 mph on NY highway

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shooting Az</div><div class="ubbcode-body">i know that an 08 busa running 7psi of boost will not do over 210mhp on Interstate 8 even with a speedohealer . </div></div>

It's also matter of gearing to attain those speeds, not just boost.

Hayabusa Streetbike Sets Top-Speed Record At 272.340 mph On Maxton Mile

232mph.jpg

193mph in the RAIN. He must have marbles in his head...

The article says he was going to the hospital to visit a patient...assuming he's a doctor, had this occurred in Texas, there would have either been no citation or the the accused would have the ability to argue the citation in court.

--------------

Sec. 545.365. SPEED LIMIT EXCEPTION FOR EMERGENCIES; MUNICIPAL REGULATION. (a) The regulation of the speed of a vehicle under this subchapter does not apply to:
(1) an authorized emergency vehicle responding to a call;
(2) a police patrol; or
(3) a physician or ambulance responding to an emergency call.
(b) A municipality by ordinance may regulate the speed of:
(1) an ambulance;
(2) an emergency medical services vehicle; or
(3) an authorized vehicle operated by a blood or tissue bank.

-----------

But just damn...that's moving. I did 150mph once in a GTO and that was fast enough for a while.

Very NICE! I rode a GSX-R 750 2008 till last year, fastest was 186mph. This would have been a blast!

14 cites is on the low end. I would have made a custodial arrest for sure.

I rode a 2002 FLHPI Harley and was clocked at 145 on evening and still had plenty of wick left. Cop gave me a brake and no ticked, last time doing that.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I rode a 2002 FLHPI Harley and was clocked at 145 on evening and still had plenty of wick left. Cop gave me a brake and no ticked, last time doing that. </div></div>
Wow, this thread turned into the "biggest fish that got away" thread!
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I rode a 2002 FLHPI Harley and was clocked at 145 on evening and still had plenty of wick left. Cop gave me a brake and no ticked, last time doing that. </div></div>

That's fascinating since in 2011 the Michigan State Police tested four police motorcycles and were only able to eke out 108 mph from the Road King.

There are only 2 ways an FLPHI could reach 145 mph:
1) Towed by a Hayabusa
2) Dropped out of a C-17 at 25,000 feet.

Facepalm_gif.gif

I once farted after eating a burrito, & accidentally broke the sound barrier on My scoot. Luckily, I was able to repair My seat.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: IronMaidenFan</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I rode a 2002 FLHPI Harley and was clocked at 145 on evening and still had plenty of wick left. Cop gave me a brake and no ticked, last time doing that. </div></div>

That's fascinating since in 2011 the Michigan State Police tested four police motorcycles and were only able to eke out 108 mph from the Road King.

There are only 2 ways an FLPHI could reach 145 mph:
1) Towed by a Hayabusa
2) Dropped out of a C-17 at 25,000 feet. </div></div>

Not so certain it could hit 145mph being dropped out of a C-17 either; well maybe from 40k feet!
grin.gif

Motor was a Screaming Eagle rebuilt by Jim McClure, with lots of extras. I never said it was stock. MM