• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Rifle Scopes Mount for mark 6 44mm/AR15

generalzip

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Jun 30, 2010
    Houston, tx
    I'm looking to get a mount that provides the proper eye relief and cheek weld for a mark 6 3.5-18x44 on a larue stealth upper. I'm looking to stay below 250. The bobro looks nice but 325 bucks for a mount is just wasting money IMO. I'm looking at the adm mounts. Anything else I should look at? I'd like to get 20 moa built in but finding that looks difficult for a 34mm tube. I'd like to get the scope low to have a good cheek weld but also leave room for the YHM BUIS I have. Should I look at the extra extended models like the recon-x? Or is that too much forward? I like to keep the scope mounted to the receiver and not the rail. Thanks.

I'm a big fan of ADM mounts, and have always been very happy with their performance on my weapons.

I do have a .308 AR project in work, though delayed due to parts availability, and I was planning on checking out the AADLAND Engineering mounts. I don't really need QD for that gun, and these look very secure.

AADMOUNT 20 MOA PRECISION AR SCOPE MOUNT

I have a Bobro 30mm that I like a lot but yeah the 34mm is kinda spendy and a little too tall in my opinion (edit - just saw the thread with the new extended version 34mm Bobro which is lower at 1.5", if I were getting a MK6 and wanted QD I think I would spend the money on this). You should check out Larue also for QD mounts. I have a 35mm Aadmount which I think is terrific except that it is not QD, It's got 20moa built in, sits nice and low (1.45") and extends forward enough to allow a good deal of scope placement flexibility. You can get the 34mm version at SWFA for $230.

Last edited:
    I'm looking for something similar. 1.45" was mentioned above. What's the lowest you guys would recommend for this scope on a AR? Would 1.25" be too low? Offset BUIS on mine.

generalzip, I've always had Larue mounts but considering something else this go around. Always seeing good things about ADM here too though.

Thanks for all the input guys. In your experience, BUIS aside what gives you the best sight picture and cheek weld on an ar? I was thinking of maybe doing away with my BUIS if it means I can be more comfortable on the scope in more shooting positions. I can always add an offset aimpoint or something similar later. This way I could justify the non QD mount like a aadmount. Sight picture and comfort are my top priorities

Also if you guys with adm could do it again would you use the standard extendedmount or the extra extended? Keep in mind this is for a mark 6 3.5-18 not a nightforce 2.5-10 or slmething like that.

Also if you guys with adm could do it again would you use the standard extendedmount or the extra extended? Keep in mind this is for a mark 6 3.5-18 not a nightforce 2.5-10 or slmething like that.
    I have several ADM's on USO's, 1x6 MK6 and others.
    They work great but you need to go to the ADM website and look at the chart after measuring the space on your scope.
    The extended part is all about eye relief and that is not the issue.
    You should look at the AD-Recon S or SW, I used these and they fit perfect.
    I have the other std AD-Recon's on other smaller scopes where the dimensions are not as critical.

Last edited:
    They work great but you need to go to the ADM website and look at the chart after measuring the space on your scope.
    I have the other std AD-Recon's on other smaller scopes where the dimensions are not as critical.

I am also concerned with eye relief. Since this is a magnifies optic I wan to make sure I not only have a good cheek weld but also the correct eye relief so I always have a good sight picture. Especially when I back off to 3.5. I don't want to have to move my head back or extend the stock just because I changed magnification.

I am also concerned with eye relief. Since this is a magnifies optic I wan to make sure I not only have a good cheek weld but also the correct eye relief so I always have a good sight picture. Especially when I back off to 3.5. I don't want to have to move my head back or extend the stock just because I changed magnification.

I have never had a problem with eye relief in any of the models.
    The idea behind the extended models is if you need to move the scope so far forward that it would span an uneven rail/upper or you have no rail past the upper.
    I have never ever come close to have to position any scope that far forward.
    YMMV

Ok thanks for the advice. Sounds like the standard model should work fine. Once the scope arrives ill take some measurements and see if I should get the low model or the standard 1.55" height. I have a feeling the low model will be too low for a 44mm bell. Especially with scope covers on

Good info!
    I'm thinking of picking up a AD-Recon-S for my Mark 6 3-18 so I can use it both on the AR and a bolt gun with just a quick re-zero. I don't think eye relief will be an issue as I don't shoot nose to charging handle and have added 1/4" to the A2 stock L.O.P. with a BROWNELLS A2 single-point adapter.
    Are my assumptions correct????

Last edited: