• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Mount for Vortex LPVO on BCM Pistol -- Recommendations?

Finnbear0511

Private
Minuteman
Feb 11, 2019
Grand Rapids, MI
Hi everyone,

New guy here. I spend most of my time behind the glass on bolt guns. But I've been dabbling with a BCM AR pistol. SBA3 brace and 12.5 upper.

I've got a Vortex Razor Gen III 1-10 LPVO coming in tomorrow (excited!). I need to get a mount ordered. Any recommendations for a mount? Anyone running a similar set up have specific recommendations on mount height?

I like Spuhr mounts on my bolt guns. The price hurts, but I never have issues. And I think that makes it worth it. What's the equivalent canitlever mount in the AR world to a Spuhr in the precision rifle world? Geissele? Spuhr (I know they make cantilever mounts as well...)? What's the verdict on QD mounts?

Thanks in advance!

I love my Spuhr cantilever mount on mine. Running the 30mm 1.86 height with a Kahles k16i. Got it to try out a little kore heads up shooting with a carbine. As you know they are solid mounts. I have heard great things about the Geissele as well. Just never run one myself.

Reactions: Finnbear0511
MPDS13, now that you've run the 1.86" mount, do you like the height? Would you drop it down a bit if you were to do it over, or are you happy with the shooting position the 1.86" mount allows?

I like that Seekins. The nuts are about the only thing I dislike about the Giessele.

The last couple of mounts I've been going with the Scalarworks. I like them-quick detach-ish without big ass deez-nutz sticking out. Very lightweight. Not sure how robust it is but I haven't had any issues but I'm not Rambo either. I think I have 3 now and my Gen3 is in one now about to be mounted on a 16" rig.

Ive got a Larue LT104 for my Razor.... it does what I need it to, and I actually like the attachment system, but I need something a bit higher. Im actively looking for a Geissele 1.93. The Larue was awesome, and its good for what it is, but I do need something higher than the standard 1.5

I found a used KDG Sidelok here in the PX. Looks like a good option even at the new price for the features. Crazy low-profile which is a necessity for me, super easy and fast to remove and reinstall if needed, and I tested return-to-zero with less than 1/2” shift repeated over 20 install/removals.

I have a Midwest Industries QD mount. It holds zero fairly well and it doesn't have the vertical split rings like Larue and ADM. They are around $180 or so. Also have a Geissele and a Badger on 2 other rifles but they do have the nuts sticking out.

Thanks for the answers everyone! I'm glad I asked. I didn't previously know of the Seekins MXM. The input a few have given regarding not wanting mounting nuts getting in the way makes sense too.

The last couple of mounts I've been going with the Scalarworks. I like them-quick detach-ish without big ass deez-nutz sticking out. Very lightweight. Not sure how robust it is but I haven't had any issues but I'm not Rambo either. I think I have 3 now and my Gen3 is in one now about to be mounted on a 16" rig.

im running a rmr with a scalarworks mount on a ar15 10.5. I have 500 rnds and it’s been kicked around a bit and it still has not failed.

Reactions: The DFC
my Razor 3 is in a Scalerworks, not a whole lot of rounds down range but the fit & finish are great. I noticed that Aaron from Sage Dynamics was running a Scalerworks in his RG3 review. I strongly suspect his test punished that optic/mount combo more than I will over many years.
I have a trio of Geissele - they are rock solid and pretty light. for an AR they are great, I don't like them on side chargers as the 1/2" mounting nuts can get in the way.
my Razor 2 has been in an ADM for years and I've never had an issue.
lots of good choices - Badger, AAD, and Spuhr are also top notch.

Reactions: Warrior 45