• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mounting a smartphone on an AR

zipollini

Private
Minuteman
May 28, 2011
I would like to mount a droid smartphone to my AR so that I can easily see my ballistics data as well as use the level app. for cant errors. Anybody know who makes mounts to do something like this ?

Thanks in advance

I think KAC was making a mount for iPhones I am not sure about droids. Personally I would avoid using the level unless the droid is using something other then accelometers. The issue with levels in smart phones is that they must be calibrated on a flat level surface for them to work. Often you wont have a known level location to level smart phone before using it. I would recommend just picking up a proper anti-cant level the basic one from vortex isnt that expensive and works just fine on my rifle.

I would start with a car cradle and some kydex, maybe check ebay and see what kind of picatinny mounts you can find.

what will you do if the battery dies? Spend more time learning the trajectory of the cartridge and you won't need the app.

But, if you're not a good shooter and need an application in order to pull the trigger, I'd get a Picatinny accessory mount, get a dowel rod and aluminum bar stock- screw the two together and find any rugged mount for the car.

How much recoil is your smart phone rated for?

LOL idk, but I do know I won't use my Iphone as a timer when I'm shooting a 50bmg match again... After the second day of shooting the ear speaker was blown out. Whoops, at least warranty covered that..