• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mounting an Arca rail on a regular Tikka stock?

trob

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2007
Idaho
I've been looking for about a week and can't find any pictures of someone mounting an arca rail to a normal plastic Tikka stock. I have a regular T3 and a T3x CTR that I'm wanting to mount plates on. I want to make sure it will be strong enough if I put washers/bolts or something on the inside and mount a 5-inch plate.

Thanks for any insight, I'm new to the arca setup.

KRG Bravo Chassis.

Without drilling out the stock, bedding in screw holes and bedding in an Arca rail, it's probably going to be tough to mount an Arca rail. I'd just save up and upgrade the stock and add Arca.

Use the 2 nuts in the stock and use some 2 pack epoxy on the side to stop it twisting( Use cling film on the stock first to stop it sticking.) works great.

Attachments

• IMG_20180729_165013.jpg
    IMG_20180729_165013.jpg
    409.8 KB · Views: 1,723
  • IMG_20180225_185326.jpg
    IMG_20180225_185326.jpg
    1,018.6 KB · Views: 1,811
+2 on the Bravo and definitely do an ARCA rail no matter what. I'm sold thus far.

KRG ARCA rails have many mounting options already machined into them so you would likely be able to hobble together a decently secured setup with some imagination. Then you could use the same rail on the bravo once you get one. ?

Check out Area 419s m-lok arca rails.

Just invested in the 12-inch m-lok arca rail for my TacA1 along with the barricade block and Harris clamp adapter. Should be a huge help shooting off of standard prs style barricades. After handling a few guys rifles that had that type of system, I was sold. Holding on a 10-inch plate at 500 yards was rock solid where setup was wobbling all over.

I'm just a newbie....In your 2nd picture with the rifle on the tripod - what is the purpose of the cord that is looped over the comb with the carabiner? Also, what's up with the green camo wrap on the suppressor and scope? Doesn't it melt on the suppressor?

The para cord is run from the sling or fore end of rifle to either belt or foot to add tension to the system. I like it but dont use it very much but it does help on a light tripod/rifle setup.
The wrap doesn't get hot enough to melt but i am using a new wrap now. Just on there to stop them getting dinged and making noise when hunting.

Use the 2 nuts in the stock and use some 2 pack epoxy on the side to stop it twisting( Use cling film on the stock first to stop it sticking.) works great.

Old thread I know.
What ARCA rail have you used? How long is it?
If you had used the beaver tail for-end, would that negate the need for the epoxy?