• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Night Vision Mounting Diameter of Steiner SPIR Body

Crazy1323

Private
Minuteman
Dec 5, 2013
Does anyone have a SPIR that they could measure the diameter of the smooth part where the mount goes? I don’t have mine handy and I am trying to find a mount that will let me adjust windage and elevation. I’m using the SPIR on a badger EFR and when the illuminator is fully zoomed in the IR is above my reticle/target.

this is really only an issue when I am dialing a lot of elevation, like more than 10 mils, but the ability to get it centered with the sight picture would be nice.

Thanks,
Paul

Tape is your answer. Use tape as a shim to move the beam on target.

That said, I’ll see if I can find mine and look.

Interesting, did you install tape between the body and the mount to cant and skew the light in the mount? If I can’t find an adjustable mount I’ll do that for sure.

I think I’d still prefer an adjustable mount so I can “dial for distance” though. Shooting steel with a 22LR at 400 yards at night requires ALOT of elevation, but the giggle factor is quite high.

You might look into some adjustable rings, like what they use on high end air rifles. They make 36mm scopes, so there may very well be someone making 36mm adjustable scope rings that would fit.