• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Mounting GDI MT-OSM™ (Optical Sight Mount) Backwards?

B3dlam

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 3, 2012
Kodiak, AK
I just got my first aimpoint (I used EoTech in the past) an H1 model along with it I ordered a GDI MT-OSM mount and I am quite satisfied with both. My question is if anyone has had any issues with mounting it backwards. When mounted as per the instructions it places the locking lever to the right side directly over the ejection port. It seems to have no issue mounting to the optic either direction so I am curious if anyone has mounted it with the locking lever to the left side to provide less obstruction of the view into the ejection port. I am awaiting an email back from GDI but I figured I would ask the experts here.

Here is a link to a great review of the mount by cowboy_bravo: http://www.snipershide.com/shooting...s/141532-gdi-cmc-osm-optical-sight-mount.html