• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mounting plates or brackets

Billdoe708

Private
Minuteman
Feb 12, 2017
Michigan
Looking for ideas for mounting my rock chucker, powder drop and case trimmer. I'm trying to figure out my new bench. I want to be able to take them off to use the bench for other projects. I have seen the resessed rails but I'm no carpenter. Looking for something a little simpler. I'll probably only have 2 mounted at once.

What am I not thinking of?

Bolts with wingnuts to hold your Rock Chuck.... fasten the other stuff to plywood that you can C clamp to the bench top.... Lots of ways to accomplish this...

That^
I have mine with a bolt and a wing nut and washer. When I’m done just spin them off easy and it’s a clean flat table top again.

I have mine mounted to 2x8 with hole drilled through and through the bench. A permanent T-but under bench with a bolt through table allows quick change of various presses and mounted accessories (vise, trimmer, case prep, etc). Good luck.