• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mounting PLRF25C to Spotter45 Pic Rail

Ashbury rail grabber.

If you are looking to cowitness them, the best other option I know is to set them up side by side on the RRS dual mount. It is not as precise as far as adjustment, but also not as clumsy.

Something like this?

Spotter-LRF.jpg

kodKTk9.jpg

I used the Ashbury mount for many years, and while it was the only option for a long time, it left much to be desired. It's essentially an Elcan mount with windage & elevation, which is crucial to aligning the two optics so that what you spot, you can lase with little effort. The problem is that there's a tedious process of setting up the two to be slaved together and you have to go through that process every time you mount the LRF to the rail.

Spuhr was working on a better system at one point that had an easy return-to-zero alignment system, but it seems like it was vaporware.

From my experience, having the two optics slaved together is useful, but not worth the hassle I experienced. Yes, having the LRF mounted to a tripod with a cable-based trigger is VERY useful for ELR shooting, so unless you want to use a separate tripod then you should look into an offset mount (which is frustrating considering the abundance of rails on a Spotter).