• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mountour Meplat Trimmer

Re: Mountour Meplat Trimmer

If you are shooting less than 600yds its not worth the time IMHO! However, if you go past that you will noticed that a uniform meplat will reduce your group size. I have the said product and I like it much better than the Tubb! Its pricey but he makes a very good product.

Terry

Thanks for the info. I kinda of thought that. I think the other benefit is that when you seat your bullet it uniforms the tip to where they seat the same.

VTR

just remember that the bullets are seated not at the tip but at the body, the meplat trimmer unifirms the tip so they are all the same therefore fly the same
Bill

Bill Thanks for the info. I'm new to this. Do you think it is worth the extra effort or just a step that can be elimanated. When I check the overall length it varies because of the uneveness of the tip. I will only be shooting out to 500 yds nothing further.