• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Mounts for Leupold 1-6 Mark 6 on an AR

Andy T

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 10, 2007
Northeast
I have 1-6 Mark 6 that I am trying to find the best method to mount on an AR. So far I tried the following mounts:
1. Bobro dual lever 34mm - at 1.63" it puts the scope too high to use with a standard stock. I had to get a Larue RISR in order to be able to obtain a cheek weld. However, this combination works, and I am able to obtain cheek weld from standing/prone.
2. Badger 1.125" 34mm rings - too low. I have to "push" my cheek into the stock.
I am curious what mounts people are using with the scope, and how do they "feel", especially since you need to get a proper eye position for the illumination.

If I was in your shoes I would look no further than the 34mm Aadmount:

Aadland AR 34mm Scope Mount

Comes with the added benefit of a 20 moa slope too. I believe it is 1.4" from rail to scope center. For the money, I doubt theres a better mount out there.
If you want Quick Disconnect, The Larue or ADM would be the way to go.

Crosshair,

Thaks for the link. In my opinion, there is no point of getting any cant for a 1-6 on an AR. After trying the various options, I don't care whether it's qd or not. As long as I can get a good height.

I went with the Leupold Mark 6 IMS mount, but you already know that, LOL Good Luck. :)

I've own and have used both the Larue and ADM mounts. Both are extremely high quality so my vote is either of those two.