• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Rifle Scopes Mounts for my 700

tjwking

Private
Minuteman
Nov 10, 2009
I need some advice on scope mounts and rings. ive been looking around and notice i see alot of guys using badgers. im not ready to spend that much money just yet on base & rings. i have been looking at Burris extreme tactical rings, and have read a couple of good reviews about the rings. i havent read anything about there bases. I have also been looking at EGW Picatinny 1 Piece Rail and rings. am i really going to see any differance anymore from the 1 piece rail versus the 2 piece base from Burris? any help would be appreciated.
Thanks again Craig

Re: Mounts for my 700

The burris and egw are both good products for the money. But if your not in a hurry you can save your money be patient and find a good deal here in the for sale section on badger or seekins.

With a one piece base you can add things like a anticant device or angle indicator of you decide to later. Plus if you dont have enough adjustment in your scope you can get a 20 or 30 moa rail.

Hope this helps.

is badger and seekins realy that good, and worth the price?

The golden rule that I have learned from the guys on here, is you get what you pay for (save up and get what you want/or whats better). If you don't have that in you budget I understand, I am in the same spot. I would go for seekins or badger just do to the fact that you can always have that base and the rings, if you sell a rifle to upgrade just take them off.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: tjwking</div><div class="ubbcode-body">is badger and seekins realy that good, and worth the price? </div></div>

IMHO, Seekins rings are worth their weight in gold!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntinaz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The golden rule that I have learned from the guys on here, is you get what you pay for (save up and get what you want/or whats better).</div></div>

I think this is a very good rule when it comes to buying equipment for shooting... with the exception of loopy mk4's
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: vman</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: huntinaz</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The golden rule that I have learned from the guys on here, is you get what you pay for (save up and get what you want/or whats better).</div></div>

I think this is a very good rule when it comes to buying equipment for shooting... with the exception of loopy mk4's
laugh.gif

</div></div>

I'm in same boat as OP. What do you mean about the Leopold MK4's? I have a set on a varmint rig (700p in .223) that are great. I got them as part of a package trade, so I didn't actually go out and buy them.

I need a set of base/rings (30mm) for my LTR, and was going with the Leupolds by default. Cash is tight, so I'm looking to trade if I can.