• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Mouthbreathing F*tard @ Burger King and Our Colors

Re: Mouthbreathing F*tard @ Burger King and Our Colors

Bravo Ratbert, well said. You are clearly more patient than myself.

Mexi... you're like talking to the wall. and btw... I have done the same thing as veer did to the BK idiot, I just didn't rip them a new one for it. I said I agree with him, but I think he's going about it the wrong way. Talking to the manager was good, and a courteous manner is always more apt to get you what you want... and I know from experience, because the one time I was rude to someone, they took it down and never put it back up. Fucking pathetic, but that's how people are now.

Just so ya know, I've rescued more than one flag from the garbage and taken it to the Legion Post, where they burn them ceremoniously and respectfully.

I'm not justifying BK idiots actions, but did you all know that those jumbo flags can weigh 50-100 pounds??? So shit is bound to happen to some of them, especially when it's one guy and a stiff wind fighting for control. Just sayin', ya'll might not wanna have a seizure for no reason. I think valor is in the effort, which this guy clearly didn't show any of so I understand the anger... just count to ten and try to be constructive.

+1 Ratbert

I think that the saying you catch more flies with honey than you do with vinegar should have aplied here, although i understand the anger.

you as well, I realize I was a bit abrasive so I edited a little bit. Like I said, i'm not the most patient guy but i'm working on it.

I understand, no hard feelings on this end. Lets just enjoy whats left of the weekend. MM

I'm just glad they are still flying the flag.

In the USMC, it's normally a 3-man detail to render honors to morning/evening colors, and that's with a regular sized flag (post flag).

You know the burger joint isn't going to send the required number of folks out there to manage an oversized flag ( dinner time, peak business), so it's gonna be a goatfuck, no matter what.

I hate to see/hear of that kinda stuff, but it is what it is.

Might be more productive to write management and suggest they illuminate the colors at night, and let them fly. (that's what I do here at the house).

CopyofIMG_8233.jpg

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Might be more productive to write management and suggest they illuminate the colors at night, and let them fly. (that's what I do here at the house).

CopyofIMG_8233.jpg
</div></div>

Gentlemen, that is how it's done!!!!!

Nice MM, very nice.

-Pat

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Might be more productive to write management and suggest they illuminate the colors at night, and let them fly. (that's what I do here at the house).
</div></div>

In this case it sounds like there was a storm coming in, so they might have been taking it down so it didn't get damaged (granted, probably mostly because a flag that size is expensive) because illumination is certainly the way to go.

The wifey and I put the pole in a few years ago. It was a pretty cool project.

Digging the foundation,
Img_8176.jpg

Ground sleeve braced, ready to pour cement,
Img_8179.jpg

Img_8183.jpg

Called for crane support to stand her up,
Img_8222.jpg

Ahhhhh,
Img_8261.jpg

Img_8281.jpg

Img_8315.jpg

Imagine that, the retired Master Gunnery Sergeant has a spread on the high ground with clear fields of fire. I hate the suburbs, and yes, I'm jealous. I can definitely see why it's called the Big Sky State.

Very nice... Very nice indeed!

Img_8281.jpg

Damn fine job Master Gun's .!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've never seen a rounder circle ..........was this dug by hand ???

Img_8176.jpg

Damn. You could make a post card out of that picture.

I've gone back several times just to look at it. Well done.

Props to Montana. If you're going to thread-drift, do it right. Nice suggestion on the illumination, nice project and well, well-done.

ETA: So far, I haven't heard anything from the franchisee by way of a response. They're getting a letter shortly to follow up. And for those of you who were so motivated to respond in sarcasm, keep your cookies.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: KIDGLOCK</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> ...I've never seen a rounder circle ..........was this dug by hand ???....</div></div>

Yeah, That's the culmination of years of experience right there.....I got qual'd on post hole diggers and a diggin' bar before I was a teenager.....grin

That hole was practically a fighting hole when I got her all dug out, I had to go in with an e-tool to finish up the bottom all flat and smooth. It was about 40" across, and 40" deep.

Darn good job you and wife did. thanks for sharing. MM

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Shot In The Dark</div><div class="ubbcode-body">To BK the flag is just another ploy to bring in business. </div></div>

agreed, did we really need another reason not to like the king?

Img_8176.jpg

Seems a shame to fill up a hole that nice with concrete. Seriously, I'm impressed.

so to continue this in a constructive manner, what is the proper ratio of flag-to-pole? I've got a ginormous piece of drill stem I want to put up as a pole (it used to be a TV antenna anchor at my grandfather's house) and I just don't want to over do it on flag size... i'm not running a car lot here with a monster flag outside. The pole will be concrete filled for rigidity (because it already is). I will be flying US with Gadsden underneath.

I have my Grandfather's service flag which will fly on memorial & vets days, 4th of july, christmas, and his b-day. But the rest of the time I'll need a robust flag that won't rip in high winds, we have brutal wind here.

I had an experience related to this post tonight, though not nearly so drastic, more just a bit of laziness/lack of attention to detail maybe? Walking past the Smithsonian building, when I saw this in front of it:

I was going to just take note of it, and make a phone call in the morning/on Monday, but then this thread popped in my head, so I turned around and untied the rope, and pulled the flag to the top, where she belongs:

I may still make the phone call, or stop by in person just to ensure this sloppiness doesn't happen again (hopefully), but I'm hoping it was merely a mistake in the first place. The rope did stick a bit, had to give it a fairly sharp tug to get the flag to the top, not that that is a valid excuse, however. Mistakes happen as we all know, sometimes you just have to bite your tongue, consider it may not have been intentional, and either ensure it's corrected, or do it yourself. Only took a few minutes out of my walk home.

Silly question, but are there any Boy Scouts or veterans' groups which would offer their services to stores with outsized flags? (As has been pointed out, mishandling may have nothing to do with disrespect and everything to do with lack of manpower.) Scouts and vets know proper flag etiquette and I can guarantee that the establishments which bothers to show our colors the proper respect will in turn receive the respect of Americans in their communities.

I suspect that offering to help the guy struggling with a recalcitrant piece of nylon followed by making a suggestion to the manager that he get in touch with a group to coach the employees on proper handling of the flag would be even more memorable than cursing and screaming. Maybe making a call to the local ROTC, scout troop leader, or VFW lodge and suggesting they pay a visit to the BK would help even further. By making respect for the colors a point of pride instead of a burden, the restaurant could potentially become an inspiration for others to follow suit.

Noah, not a bad idea. There are always plenty of groups like that looking for community service work.
I still have to say again, the disrespect isn't in the handling of the flag in that manor, but its use. We have a tire shop in this town running a flag the size of a damn football field. Its not out of patriotism. A symbol of our country and one that represents those who have died to protect it shouldn't be used to draw people in for a value menu. Would you yell at the guy in the costume if burger king started using uncle sam as their mascot or yell at the corporation itself?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so to continue this in a constructive manner, what is the proper ratio of flag-to-pole? I've got a ginormous piece of drill stem I want to put up as a pole (it used to be a TV antenna anchor at my grandfather's house) and I just don't want to over do it on flag size... i'm not running a car lot here with a monster flag outside. The pole will be concrete filled for rigidity (because it already is). I will be flying US with Gadsden underneath.

I have my Grandfather's service flag which will fly on memorial & vets days, 4th of july, christmas, and his b-day. But the rest of the time I'll need a robust flag that won't rip in high winds, we have brutal wind here. </div></div>

Our pole is 30' above ground, and the 4x6' or 5x8' flag is about right. Could go 6x10' but the wind would really pull it.

The wind is a factor here too. A couple things I've learned, The 5x8' (40 sq-ft) is a lot more 'sail' than a 4x6' (24 sq-ft). The bigger size really gets pulled a lot harder in the wind, and that pole sways like hell with a 5x8' and wind over about 20 mph. The 4x6 is much better. The USMC colors we fly are 3x5'.

The most durable flag in the wind is the polyester flag. We started with the lighter weight nylon. and it will fly in just a slight breeze because it is very lightweight. But, the Nylon being light, really whips in high wind. The Nylon flag would be ready for replacement in about 5-6 months. The polyester flags last almost a year. Replacing the two flags costs about $100, so there is a cost involved. Also the floodlight we use has a 175 watt metal halide bulb. That buld lasted about 2.5 years, but costs $35 dollars to replace.

I suppose it would be more economical to only fly the flags in the daytime, half the wear and tear, they would last probably twice as long, and no lighting costs. But, we like to see them flying.

The other thing I've learned is to not fly the flag when there is high wind warning in effect. Winds above 35 mph are really hard on the flags, halyards, and everything else.

We got our pole, and all associated hardware, and get our flags from Admiral Flagpoles.

http://www.admiralflagpoles.com/index.htm

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Noah Mercy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Silly question, but are there any Boy Scouts or veterans' groups which would offer their services to stores with outsized flags? (As has been pointed out, mishandling may have nothing to do with disrespect and everything to do with lack of manpower.) Scouts and vets know proper flag etiquette and I can guarantee that the establishments which bothers to show our colors the proper respect will in turn receive the respect of Americans in their communities.

I suspect that offering to help the guy struggling with a recalcitrant piece of nylon followed by making a suggestion to the manager that he get in touch with a group to coach the employees on proper handling of the flag would be even more memorable than cursing and screaming. Maybe making a call to the local ROTC, scout troop leader, or VFW lodge and suggesting they pay a visit to the BK would help even further. By making respect for the colors a point of pride instead of a burden, the restaurant could potentially become an inspiration for others to follow suit. </div></div>

I would have more to say about your Monday morning quarterbacking, if it weren't that your signature line already says it quite so elegantly:

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may be fat, hairy, and ugly...but at least I SMELL BAD!
</div></div>

Please, reread the thread and secure your self-righteousness, he wasn't accepting help, especially from someone who looks like me, and he wasn't in a place in which I could have insisted on rendering it without opening up an even bigger can of worms.

ETA:

I saw a belligerently <span style="font-style: italic">'Merikun</span> pickup truck sailing the other way on an undivided four-lane this morning, with an impossibly large American flag whose trailing edge was torn to fluttering ribbons. Again, the same damn thing: apparently, attention-whoring masquerading as patriotism, and the price being paid the indignities suffered upon our colors by some clueless yahoo.

Man you are TUFF, thats T-U-F-F, not tough, but TUFF. I admire you greatly.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bucksquirelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man you are TUFF, thats T-U-F-F, not tough, but TUFF. I admire you greatly. </div></div>

And you're S-M-R-T smrt, not S-M-A-R-T smart.

smrtcat.jpg

Why don't you run back to Sheetz and count out of state license plates? I'm sure that it'll be a good workout for your strained loaf.

Wow, excuse the fuck out of me for trying to make a positive contribution.

How about you show me where my post took on a self-righteous tone. I think I can safely say that <span style="font-style: italic">your</span> original post was rife with it.

I was merely trying to show that there was the possibility that a more reasoned and positive response to the situation might result in an outcome that would be educational and maybe even preclude incidents like that happening in the future.

Why don't you just add me to your "ignore" list until you can get your reading comprehension skills up to par and your head out of your ass.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Noah Mercy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, excuse the fuck out of me for trying to make a positive contribution.

How about you show me where my post took on a self-righteous tone. I think I can safely say that <span style="font-style: italic">your</span> original post was rife with it.

I was merely trying to show that there was the possibility that a more reasoned and positive response to the situation might result in an outcome that would be educational and maybe even preclude incidents like that happening in the future.

Why don't you just add me to your "ignore" list until you can get your reading comprehension skills up to par and your head out of your ass. </div></div>

Maybe if the board weren't so full of self-ri ...

Never mind. It just isn't worth it. The guy wasn't going to take anything by way of suggestions or entreaties from me, and the mistreatment of the flag had more to do with willful disregard for its importance and an overriding desire to be done with a burdensome chore. You weren't there, you didn't see it, and I'll be damned to a never-ending cycle of completely negative karma before I let another person handle the flag like dirty laundry and drag it across the ground again.

Veer, I think the point is you just dont get it. The coments people are making arent to support or condemn you being angered my the mis trearment of the flag. I think the vast majority of people in this country whether foolish tree hugging hippies, or closed minded right wing radicles will all support the proper handling and display of the flag. But to go ape shit on this kid at burger king, hell to be perfectly honest as an employer myself to approach him with anything but an offer to help is out of line. My neighbors kid is severly autistic. When he walked through my wifes flower bed I didn't yell at him. To do so would be such an extreme exercise in futility it would do nothing but show my ignorance and lack of self control and poor inteligence. To see this kid at burger king handling this flag. Obviously it was too big for him and very quickly I'm sure you were able to determine he did not know how to handle it properly. So he was either uneducated or lacked the mental capability to guage the situation. It was so obviouse that it then falls back on you and your ability to see the situation for what it really was and act properly. Based solelly on the results you made the wrong call simple as that

Look folks, enough is enough. The guy wasn't a pimply-faced kid. He was in his mid to late 30s, old enough to know better, even if he chose not to act in a respectful fashion. Yes, it would have been better that he had help, no, I was not in a position to offer it to him because of (a) immediate physical separation of around 30 yards, (b) a six foot fence separating us, (c) the locked door that leads to the play area in front of the restaurant, (d) the plain and simple fact that he would have never taken help from me because of my appearance, the last which I am <span style="font-style: italic">not</span> going to attempt to explain at this point. I didn't make the wrong call, and I especially didn't make the wrong call when Mr. "I'm a vet and I know what I'm doing" took the flag, threw it down, and dragged it across the ground to get it all nice and stretched out in order to then crumple it up like a wad of shit and drag it inside.

I didn't make the the wrong call, and enough people on this board who feel as I do about the idea of an adult American treating the flag in such a manner have made their feelings known. Frankly, if any of you were to take the flag and throw it on the ground as he did, I'd go up one side of you and down the other and not give a shit about the consequences of my motherfucking insensitivity. Anything worth dying for is worth treating with a modicum of decency and respect, which was not given.

I mean, seriously, people, FFS, what's wrong with some of you?

Veer, I understand your anger at the situation.

But think about this for a minute, the employee is in his mid to late 30s, and a Burger King worker bee.

His life already sucks, big time. He's just going through the motions of life.

Nothing you could say to him would even be likely to phase him.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Veer, I understand your anger at the situation.

But think about this for a minute, the employee is in his mid to late 30s, and a Burger King worker bee.

His life already sucks, big time. He's just going through the motions of life.

Nothing you could say to him would even be likely to phase him. </div></div>

His life sucks, yes, but it's no excuse to take the symbol of the American people and treat it like that. I'd like to think that, at the very least, he might approach the same task in the future with more care, and, aside from that, hopefully with some help from another employee, too. The restaurant is at fault for not taking care to strike the colors in a proper fashion and with sufficient resources to handle it, but it doesn't absolve him of not realizing the gravity of his actions. There's a reason why we decorate soldiers' graves with the flag on Memorial Day, and I haven't forgotten it.

I went to school not too far from this cemetery outside of Strasbourg, and it's a chilling sight to see so many of ours on the other side of the world, so far from home, and yet comforting at the same time to see Old Glory fluttering above them as a reminder that, despite their separation, their resting place is tended by those in France still grateful for their sacrifice.

lorraineamericancemeter.jpg

They deserve better of each and every one of us, especially those of us still here who owe them so much.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bucksquirelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man you are TUFF, thats T-U-F-F, not tough, but TUFF. I admire you greatly. </div></div>

Why don't you run back to Sheetz and count out of state license plates? I'm sure that it'll be a good workout for your strained loaf. </div></div>

mmmmmmmm, sheetz, sounds good, will they give me a discount on a meatball sub if I claim to be TUFF?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bucksquirelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bucksquirelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man you are TUFF, thats T-U-F-F, not tough, but TUFF. I admire you greatly. </div></div>

Why don't you run back to Sheetz and count out of state license plates? I'm sure that it'll be a good workout for your strained loaf. </div></div>

mmmmmmmm, sheetz, sounds good, will they give me a discount on a meatball sub if I claim to be TUFF? </div></div>

Use your ACCESS card, slick.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NY700</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Noah, not a bad idea. There are always plenty of groups like that looking for community service work.
I still have to say again, the disrespect isn't in the handling of the flag in that manor, but its use. We have a tire shop in this town running a flag the size of a damn football field. Its not out of patriotism. A symbol of our country and one that represents those who have died to protect it shouldn't be used to draw people in for a value menu. Would you yell at the guy in the costume if burger king started using uncle sam as their mascot or yell at the corporation itself?</div></div>

as distasteful as it may be, that is capitalism, and that flag stands for the protection of the free market... it's really a catch 22. That's where that whole "personal responsibility" thing comes in.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: MontanaMarine</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bcw1284</div><div class="ubbcode-body">so to continue this in a constructive manner, what is the proper ratio of flag-to-pole? I've got a ginormous piece of drill stem I want to put up as a pole (it used to be a TV antenna anchor at my grandfather's house) and I just don't want to over do it on flag size... i'm not running a car lot here with a monster flag outside. The pole will be concrete filled for rigidity (because it already is). I will be flying US with Gadsden underneath.

I have my Grandfather's service flag which will fly on memorial & vets days, 4th of july, christmas, and his b-day. But the rest of the time I'll need a robust flag that won't rip in high winds, we have brutal wind here. </div></div>

Our pole is 30' above ground, and the 4x6' or 5x8' flag is about right. Could go 6x10' but the wind would really pull it.

The wind is a factor here too. A couple things I've learned, The 5x8' (40 sq-ft) is a lot more 'sail' than a 4x6' (24 sq-ft). The bigger size really gets pulled a lot harder in the wind, and that pole sways like hell with a 5x8' and wind over about 20 mph. The 4x6 is much better. The USMC colors we fly are 3x5'.

The most durable flag in the wind is the polyester flag. We started with the lighter weight nylon. and it will fly in just a slight breeze because it is very lightweight. But, the Nylon being light, really whips in high wind. The Nylon flag would be ready for replacement in about 5-6 months. The polyester flags last almost a year. Replacing the two flags costs about $100, so there is a cost involved. Also the floodlight we use has a 175 watt metal halide bulb. That buld lasted about 2.5 years, but costs $35 dollars to replace.

I suppose it would be more economical to only fly the flags in the daytime, half the wear and tear, they would last probably twice as long, and no lighting costs. But, we like to see them flying.

The other thing I've learned is to not fly the flag when there is high wind warning in effect. Winds above 35 mph are really hard on the flags, halyards, and everything else.

We got our pole, and all associated hardware, and get our flags from Admiral Flagpoles.

http://www.admiralflagpoles.com/index.htm</div></div>

Great info, thank you!

So, if a business flies a flag - even if correctly - they get ripped for doing so with some assumed ulterior motive...

...and if they choose not to fly the flag, what are they then - commie assholes?

Sorry, I just don't get this.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bucksquirelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bucksquirelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Man you are TUFF, thats T-U-F-F, not tough, but TUFF. I admire you greatly. </div></div>

mmmmmmmm, sheetz, sounds good, will they give me a discount on a meatball sub if I claim to be TUFF? </div></div>

Use your ACCESS card, slick. </div></div>

Do I have to be TUFF like you to get one of those? looks like I could get lots of meatball subs with one of those.

Veer, the reason why you feel your response was correct, was because it served as a release for you and made you feel better even if for just a momenet about something that made you angry and something that you take very personally. What that guy did with the flag, you took as an attack on your way of thinking, what you stand for and what your willing to die for.
That guy, most likely struggling through life without the mental capacity, or personal drive to do more in life, was simply taking down a pieceof corporate owned advertising in the manor that was shown to him by his employer with the resources provided.
Why was your response wrong? Simple, it did nothing. You didn't educate anyone at that store certainly not the guy doing it, you didn't change future results their, you didn't make such a compelling argument that anyone there did anything. You came off as a radicle. I can assure you were the butt of hours of jokes in the back room. I assure you that the next time someone went out to the flag they mocked you, belittled byour attempts and more than likely spurred on behavior with and around the flag that would have made you so irate you would have killed and cried a little inside as well. The reason you were wrong is because you did nothing that accomplished anything. More times than not its not enough to just simply act, in life, in war in business. Because if you don't succeed fully, sometimes the simple act of trying is more harmfull than doing nothing. Now this is not to say one should stand with their thumb up their ass, but it usually means to stop an really think. I know if a person verbally baraded one of my employees like that it would be the very last time they ever used our services whether we made a mistake or not. With that being said my employees also know if they open their mouths and enter into that low brow medium of exchange over someething then they are most likely doubly screwed as I'm going to destroy them for acting in such a way in my business regardless of provocation. You were wrong sir because strategicly you lost. You changed nothing. Show us that because of your interaction the manager or franchise owner has a dopted ne training procedures in regards to the proper handling of the flag and a commitment by all supervisors to allocate proper staff to insure the task can be completed properly, then you did something. Show us that that one guy has a new outlook on how to handle the flag and what it means, then you did something. My educated guess as a man who managed a fast food restaurant when I was younger and in college tells me that all you did was amp up some fools who came up wiith some very disrespectful yet albe it creative ways to screw with you and the flag in your honor.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bucksquirelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bucksquirelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Do I have to be TUFF like you to get one of those? looks like I could get lots of meatball subs with one of those. </div></div>

TUFF is being uncomfortable with knowing that you're from what isn't even a one-horse town, stuck forever in a dead-end job, and getting enjoyment out of trolling people who <span style="font-style: italic">do</span> have lives from your $399 Wal*Mart doorbuster special. TUFF is having the sole claim to fame of a few drunken burn-out videos on Youtube and Myspace, the sensation that there isn't much beyond that, and the inability to understand or cope with feeling infinitely small by comparison.

Yeah, buddy.

tempm8b5e262e8c334c3084.jpg

I'd almost feel sorry for you if you were any less of a troll. Have a nice life and try to deal better with your fear of insignificance.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bucksquirelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bucksquirelly</div><div class="ubbcode-body">

Do I have to be TUFF like you to get one of those? looks like I could get lots of meatball subs with one of those. </div></div>

TUFF is being uncomfortable with knowing that you're from what isn't even a one-horse town, stuck forever in a dead-end job, and getting enjoyment out of trolling people who <span style="font-style: italic">do</span> have lives from your $399 Wal*Mart doorbuster special. TUFF is having the sole claim to fame of a few drunken burn-out videos on Youtube and Myspace, the sensation that there isn't much beyond that, and the inability to understand or cope with feeling infinitely small by comparison.

Yeah, buddy.

tempm8b5e262e8c334c3084.jpg

I'd almost feel sorry for you if you were any less of a troll. Have a nice life and try to deal better with your fear of insignificance. </div></div>

I hate to tell you but thats not me fella, albeit I know who it is, but I hope it makes you feel TUFF googling a screename.

Also I was not aware the size of ones town was in direct relation to how tuff they are?? I'm starting to get the feeling your trying to compensate for something...

*edit* I just watched the videos you speak of and, yes, that is me smoking the tire on a couple of my bikes, but neither burnout was "drunken" as you say, and neither video was posted or taken by me. And yeah, although several years old, those videos make me feel TUFF, thanks for directing me to them.

Also, if you spell my screen name the way I do, you don't come up with links leading to myspace pages that are not mine. TUFF

The one thing veer is compensating for is his intellegence. Instead of admitting that he over reacted andshowed himself to be foolish in public, he is deflecting.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: NY700</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The one thing veer is compensating for is his intellegence. Instead of admitting that he over reacted andshowed himself to be foolish in public, he is deflecting.</div></div>

winner winner winner!

Bob, tell the man what he's won...

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: mexican match</div><div class="ubbcode-body">bcw Yes all men are equal its that some understand This countries history more then others and what the flag stands for. </div></div>

Hey history buff, do yourself a quick research of the codification of flag treatment and its handlings. You are gonna want a refund on that superior learnin' you received because nobody even folded it the same until recently. The whole touching the ground thing is within the last 100yrs, and applies to official use. You were fed a specific code, and it's only as old as this nation's decline, not old enough to be sanctimonious about re: American values and history.

Betsy Ross (who herself is misattributed) did not put away her needle and thread to pick up a quill and write rules on how to display the flag, nor was Washington dispatching the "retired" militia to enforce beatdowns on the masses for such treachery.

This is kind of like a black guy raised in Los Angeles storming the capitol in South Carolina to find a bunch of native blacks proudly wearing the stars and bars. There seems to be a mixup on message ownership.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: BugSniper</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Like others suggest, getting your panties bunched at non-.mil flag mistreatment is just shortening your life. If you only get mad at .mil people mistreating it, OK... but fact is we simply do not teach people how to handle the flag in school. We just don't. So why blow a gasket?

My feeling is that the DoD should come up with a special flag and only sell it to .mil. Patriotic or not, clearly the flag means something different to civilian vs .mil folks. To little old civilian me it stands for ideals, not just bloodshed. I don't care what people do with it in general, so long as it's not my personal flag.

Oh no! They defaced my symbol! That conjures 7th century societies' sensitivities. Y'all fighting men should be far, far more offended by flying of NON-AMERICAN flags than technicalities in handling a domestic one. That is a blatant F-U to american ideals. Cuban, Mexican, Somalian, Ethiopian, and Puerto Rican flags are all over, as literal proclamations of legal conquest to the USA. You must be tearing 'em down in a uber-patriotic furor, right? Teaching communism to your children as just a warm and fuzzy nationalized friendship economy kinda like myspace with money ought to get you mashing burgers. You are writing letters, right, attending school board meetings? There are 10's if not 100's of thousands of gang members painting their flags on our schools, roads, and private buildings. I'm sure you roll up on them and give 'em a good talking to regularly, right? No? Flag ritual trumps gang incursion, claiming your area as turf, and pissing on your lawn? Interesting if so, and boldly patriotic I must say.

The special .mil flag treatment thing ought to be recognized as the esoteric knowledge it has become in lieu of honest education from childhood, so I recommend your own limited distribution flag so that the purchase club all knows the secret handshake. Thinking 300 million know it... it's being silly. They don't even know who their congressmen are or more than a half dozen presidents. If you want a symbol, and you want it respected, you need to own it. The USA flag is not the flag of fallen soldiers, sorry.

If you disagree with what's above, consider this: If the flag is so important to you that you will confront strangers over its mishandling, but you haven't confronted gangs in person in your town and you drive by graffiti, then what the hell does the flag really mean to you? It's more important than your real-life country if you choose protecting it first... or perhaps, just maybe, and as I contend is generally the case with flag tightasses, offending you and america is actually OK with you, but offending fallen soldiers is not. If that's the case, DoD needs a flag for that purpose. That way, no dichotomy will exist while you ignore real attacks on americans and american ideals right on your front lawn.

No, I didn't serve(I'm sure I must not be eligible to comment on the flag just being an American). Yes, I do confront punks claiming what is not theirs to claim or acting like they should be feared in public places. Now, it's a little more involved and high-stress than "You're doing it wrong" with colorful language and making a phone call to HQ at your leisure to let gang leadership know you're a little miffed about the disrespect and whatnot... but it's probably more satisfying too. Try it. The flag thing will yield, at most, a little education and a selfish pat on the back for guarding symbolic cloth. Use that energy to save America instead, Her land, our property, and our lives. </div></div>

+1

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Veer G</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Noah Mercy</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Wow, excuse the fuck out of me for trying to make a positive contribution.

Why don't you just add me to your "ignore" list until you can get your reading comprehension skills up to par and your head out of your ass. </div></div>

Maybe if the board weren't so full of self-ri ...

Never mind. It just isn't worth it. The guy wasn't going to take anything by way of suggestions or entreaties from me, and the mistreatment of the flag had more to do with willful disregard for its importance and an overriding desire to be done with a burdensome chore. You weren't there, you didn't see it, and I'll be damned to a never-ending cycle of completely negative karma before I let another person handle the flag like dirty laundry and drag it across the ground again. </div></div>

This was asked by mexican of another in response to this post so lets ask you: were YOU in the military? If so what branch, MOS and for how long? I'm curious why you think you have been charged as the flag police. Old Glory has been around a while, even without your pathetic rambling about being pissed off about some minimum wage employee. Our flag is a symbol of our freedom, freedom to burn it, freedom to stand to arms to protect her, freedom to feel GOOD about old glory chasing you around on the back of a truck being FREE (you think that redneck may just be home from deployment and happy to have the ol' girl with him), and freedom for someone who may not be blessed with the intellectual prowess you think you possess to earn an honest wage, regardless of their IQ....and maybe have a bad night and fuck up without someone who should know better to offer just to help instead of being a dick.

Oh, and there is "low Earth orbit" AND "geosynchronous orbit"....no such thing as "low geosynchronous orbit".