• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Moving from TX to CA for job - considering selling firearms due to laws there...

CA is one of the most geographically diverse, beautiful, lush, harsh, in-your-face awesome places I've ever been to. The tragedy is that it suffers as acutely from intellectually and morally corrupt political infrastructure as anything you'll find in the NE.

To me it's one of the many jewels in the treasure trove that is this country. As with most treasure, it attracts criminals.

Just the damn " this area will give you cancer" signs on every vertical surface are enough to make me hate that place. I wouldn't live there if you gave me a house and food for free. Every aspect of it oozes nanny state PC crap at every turn with nothing that can't be found somewhere else cheaper and with less regulation. I think there is some Manchurian candidate syndrome out there where people are so used to it they don't even realize it anymore.

Edited to add that I'm torn about what I would do if I were born there. It is a different matter to choose to move there than it is to choose to leave the place of your birth. A large part of my personality is a stand and fight instinct and it would feel wrong to leave. I also recognize it is definitely an uphill battle out there at overwhelming ridiculous odds and you only live in this world once, and spending a lifetime bucking the system there may not be productive. Hard to say.

Last edited:
I guess its kind of relative to the person who is living there (age, lifestyle). For a younger person (yeah I said person, thats some Balboa hospital Cali brainwashing right there, lol) Anyway for a younger person, you may like the "do what you want", to whomever you want" "whenever you want", blame it on anyone freedoms. Some of the PC stuff and real crazy agenda stuff, like ripping down crosses ( San Diego), transgender rights, trying to get the Marine recruiter station shut down (Berkeley area). Just takes it toll as its crammed down your throat every day. As you get older and realize the shit they try to push to the children in school (reporting your parents if they discipline you and make you feel bad) social services intervention, diversity two mommy two daddy stuff. It just was enough for me. I live in Cali for about 10 years total, San Diego, Oceanside, San Ramon. Military and civilian. Moved to CO in 2003.

Its not that I dont believe in some sort of equality, but as life stands on a day-to-day basis, it does not have to be about pushing everything to the frickin left.

I do like the beach, I do like the hikes' the fact that I can be in the mountains with the kids, playing with snow and then the beach the next day. Dont have to go far for something healthy to eat, etc, but I dont miss the crime, and high cost of living, Automotive EPA impact, and most of all the political BS.

To OP, make the best of it, I would not sell any guns. Take what is legal and store the rest at your Aunt/Uncle, Grandma etc till you leave. If not after a few years sell them.

Last edited:
For the OP:

1. Go to NCPPRC: News and join the forum. There are plenty of members from the Bay Area in the club.
2. AR-15 and AR-10 rifles that are not on "the roster" are good to go with a bullet button.
3. Sourcing reloading components is no different than any other state. There are a number of stores that carry powders, primers, bullets ect. but lets be real, 90% of real shooters order their stuff online and in bulk. Components are a non-issue as far as buying online and having them shipped to you. Uou have to check the city ordnance about buying ammunition online. Example, I live in Elk Grove in Sacramento county. I can buy all the ammo I want online. 10 miles north in the city of Sacramento you can't have ammo shipped to your house and have to present your ID at a gun store when buying ammo.
4. Sacramento Valley Shooting Center is NCPPRC's home range. It's the premier facility in Northern California. There are a number of ranges in the bay area, I've never been to them.
5. That all depends on your neighborhood and neighbors and who honestly cares? It's like there is some perceived stigma about firearms in this state. Do here what you're doing in Texas.
6. The bay area is lib-tard central. Not everyone is that way though. It gives me a chubby when I legally concealed carry in San Francisco or Berkley just knowing I can defend myself from a potential threat and the libs hate that. California is not all that blue. It's blue in the Bay Area, Los Angeles, parts of San Diego, and in the Senate Chamber in the state capitol. If you drew a 50 mile diameter circle from the middle of those cities, everything outside of those circles would be red. Sacramento County is handing out CCW's as fast as they can. Counties north and south of Sacramento issue CCW's.

Sidenote: A lot of California bashing going on. I've been to a majority of US states and there are only 2 or 3 places I'd consider living if I couldn't live here (and NFA has nothing to do with it). I prefer not to get eaten by big ass insects, 115 degree 90% humidity days, flash floods, land slides, and I like to come back to my home at the end of the day and not have it in the next county over via a tornado.

Mags over 10 rounds are illegal, unless you had them in California at one time before the CA 2000 mag ban/1994 US ban. If you visited CA with pre 9-1994 mags, you can return with them.

If you have newer mags and went to CA with them before Jan. 1, 2014, you can bring them back in if disassembled into repair kits/parts kits.
So if you ever visited CA before Sept. 1994, and had your mags with you, they can be kept assembled. If you visited CA before Jan. 1, 2014, you can bring those mags provided they are kept disassembled. Burden of proof in on the CA authorities.

If you never visited CA before, SOL
ARs have to have 16" barrel.
ARs have to have bullet button installed, or comply with other restrictions.

Go to Exile Machine, Law Enforcement Supply, Firearms Parts & Accessories Delivered Fast and CalGuns.net for more info.

I hope illegal aliens don't bother you....and oh yeah, people here call them "undocumented workers." They have more rights than any American citizen in California. Illegal Aliens don't need to follow any laws and still get public assistance....yeah, no joke.

The worst part of California is all the mentally ill from the rest of the country and world flock here. I used to love my state. It has been destroyed by illegals, corruption, progressivism, and stupidity.

Check out CalGuns.net to help with all the crazy gun laws. THey are made by people who literally know NOTHING about guns, so they will seem absolutely retarded to you, which they are.

NO magazines over 10 rounds, even if they are grandfathered and legal the cops will illegally confiscate them and it will be hell to get them back.
Buy "bullet buttons" or "raddlocks" for all your AR's and semi-auto's with detachable magazines.
If you have an M1A, take off the flash hider and put a muzzle break and you're good with detachable magazines.
Learn about the California "Safe handgun roster" Try not to rage out.

Be a supporter of the second amendment and BE PROUD. Don't let the progressive sheep bully you.

And remember: If the world as we know it ends suddenly, there will be plenty of people to eat in California :)

Last edited:
Born and raised here in So Cal. Yes, a lot of problems, lots and Lots! I personally love Kentucky and Tennesse but home is here and family is here, and work is here. I travel to the midwest twice a year and love it there.
Firearms are a little hassle, but nothing you cant adapt to. I would never sell my firearms, but would like to have the freedoms others have in other states.

Sidenote: A lot of California bashing going on. I've been to a majority of US states and there are only 2 or 3 places I'd consider living if I couldn't live here (and NFA has nothing to do with it). I prefer not to get eaten by big ass insects, 115 degree 90% humidity days, flash floods, land slides, and I like to come back to my home at the end of the day and not have it in the next county over via a tornado.

I guess you prefer the CA Three-step: wildfires, mudslides, and earthquakes. ;)

I hope illegal aliens don't bother you....and oh yeah, people here call them "undocumented workers." They have more rights than any American citizen in California. Illegal Aliens don't need to follow any laws and still get public assistance....yeah, no joke.

Ah... Racism at its finest. I'm fine with calling them illegal aliens, because that's what they are, but implying that they have more rights, don't follow any laws, and get public assistance is an overstatement.

They work for wages that are considered criminal in any state, they pay sales and property taxes, and they do jobs that no one else will do. There are a few that are criminals, but no more per capita than the US citizens.

Yes, I wish they would speak English. No, I don't think they are subhuman or the imminent death of the USA.

when moving to California, load up the car, fill up with fuel, get some cheetos, and put the pedal to the metal and drive head on into a brick wall at excessive speed. Much quicker and less painful than that shithole

Ah... Racism at its finest. I'm fine with calling them illegal aliens, because that's what they are, but implying that they have more rights, don't follow any laws, and get public assistance is an overstatement.

They work for wages that are considered criminal in any state, they pay sales and property taxes, and they do jobs that no one else will do. There are a few that are criminals, but no more per capita than the US citizens.

Yes, I wish they would speak English. No, I don't think they are subhuman or the imminent death of the USA.

I didn't see the racism you saw. He call illegal immigrants, well illegal immigrants. Also, it is a widely held belief that illegal immigrants get special favor, wether it's true or not.

I don't miss the friggin fires. Wild fires in Texas are like a camp fire compared to that shit.

The pines fire, cedar fire, and the other one I can't think of were the last few years we were there for. I was tired of that crap. I do miss the greater public land and being able to be in the mountains from the inland valleys (where I lived) in no time at all. I wasn't a beach person myself.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Did not your mothers tell you about looking at the bright side? There will be one more conservative in CA. A beachhead will be established. :)

Also, it is a widely held belief that illegal immigrants get special favor, wether it's true or not.

All the more reason to use your brain, do some research, and not continue to spread brainless falsehoods.

The illegals' contribution in creating affordable labor is far more than what they take in public resources.

Our immigration system is broken, but it's just blatant racism that causes the hatred that people seem to have towards illegals.

Definitely a lot of California bashing. Most of it seems to come from folks who don't live here. Interesting how the view must be from the cheap seats. Instead, many of us choose to stay, fight the good fight and press on. Cowards retreat and give ground, which is what everyone is doing when they say "I wouldn't move there" and "Fuck them, let them have it". SMH...you guys (bashing) are part of the problem, not part of the solution...

Got this in an email. Says a lot ;-)

Good ol' Cal.............

Subject: LA Times Quote of the day - priceless

Quote of the day by Dianne Feinstein........

Dianne Feinstein:

"All vets are mentally ill in some way and government should prevent them from owning firearms."

Yep, - she really said it on Thursday in a meeting in front of the Senate Judiciary Committee... and the quote below from the LA Times is priceless.

Sometimes even the L.A. Times gets it right.

Kurt Nimmo:

"Senator Feinstein insults all U.S. Veterans as she flays about in a vain attempt to save her anti-firearms bill."

Quote of the Day from the Los Angeles Times:

"Frankly, I don't know what it is about California, but we seem to have a strange urge to elect really obnoxious women to high office.

I'm not bragging, you understand, but no other state, including Maine, even comes close.

When it comes to sending left-wing dingbats to Washington, we're Number One.

There's no getting around the fact that the last time anyone saw the likes of Barbara Boxer, Dianne Feinstein, Maxine Waters, and Nancy Pelosi, they were stirring a cauldron when the curtain went up on 'Macbeth'.

The four of them are like jackasses who happen to possess the gift of blab.

You don't know if you should condemn them for their stupidity or simply marvel at their ability to form words."

Columnist Burt Prelutsky,
Los Angeles Times

All the more reason to use your brain, do some research, and not continue to spread brainless falsehoods.

The illegals' contribution in creating affordable labor is far more than what they take in public resources.

Our immigration system is broken, but it's just blatant racism that causes the hatred that people seem to have towards illegals.

As soon as the 10 dollar tomato surfaced, most would miss the illegals. We don't have slavery anymore now we call them migrant workers.

I left there in 91. Would never consider going back to live. Good place to vacation but not live. Over the years the wife and I have talked about a trip back and have always come up with something better to do somewhere else.
High fuel prices
High utility costs
High cost of auto ins.
High property taxes
High state income tax
High city income tax
Traffic
Rude people
Non driving SOB's foreign and domestic
Crime and gang activity
Schools suck for children, mostly,
Over inflated home prices
Gun laws
Water restrictions, neighbor called police on us for water waste when I drained my water bed. They were actually going to give me a ticket for it. Showed him the moving van and told him we were evacuating the Cali shit hole.
Did I mention the people?
Homeless living in the parks
Homeless digging thru your trash, daily
Bums going thru your cars ash tray for change or cigarettes
Vandals trashing anything left outside, nothing like going out on one of the ten days a year it rains and finding you wiper blades have been destroyed
Grafitti, some good but who wants it on your garage?
I am sure I missed a couple ten or more reasons. Oh yeah the weather was fine, the beach was ok in the winter when it's not crowded. That place is not for me. I guess there may be some small corner of that trash bin that doesn't stink but life is too short to attempt to find it.

It seems now that we do not have a labor shortage, with high unemployeement. Also, to say illegal immigrants do the job others won't do isn't completely true. When California housing boom was going on many people were unable to find employement in construction jobs because of the highering of illegal immigrants. These undocumented workers drove the wages so far down that the people who once did the same exact jobs were now force to look else were for jobs because of the cost of living in California. It wasn't just California either, it's was happening all over the country.

I don't blame any one who wants to come to the US for a better life. They should do it the right way. However, our federal government advertises our food stamp program in Mexico. This gives incentive to come here.

A friend of mine from Tiawan told me how Tiawanese will come to the US to have their children. They do this to get dual citizenship and they don't have to pay for private health care to have their babies, which is what happens if you can't afford to come to the US and you don't want to use the government health care system. Any way they don't have insurance because they don't need it in Tiawan, they have government health care. When they have their babies here they don't pay a dime to the hospitals. So, you can't tell me undocumented citizens don't get the same thing, which would be Specail favor I didn't get when my two children were born in California.

As others have said there's a lot of California bashing going on and that people should stay and fight to make it better. Maybe the same should apply to all who want to come to the US to make a better life for themselves and their family. I don't believe that is the case, you should do what's right for you and your family.

I left California because the cost of living became unbareable. Living paycheck to paycheck sucks. The public schools where I lived sucked, I said where I lived because if you live in nice place the public schools are better. Private schools were to much money for us to afford. Heck we couldn't afford my wife going back to work because day care cost were so high. I lived in a modest house in San Pedro, which by the way was very friendly neighborhood, and we loved our little place. However, the opportunity to give my family a better life came and we moved to Texas. I do not want to move back to CA and the truth is I could never afford to move back and keep my current lifestyle.

Illegal is not a race...

If they do not amalgamate into the US fabric of society and instead create divisive sub-cultures onto themselves then yes, that is a threat to American culture. A very dire one.

Illegal is not a race...

If they do not amalgamate into the US fabric of society and instead create divisive sub-cultures onto themselves then yes, that is a threat to American culture. A very dire one.

Every group of immigrants that ever came here were at first isolated into neighborhoods where they could feel safe with their own. The Germans, Italians, Irish, just about any you can name did it. The following generations each became a little less foreign than the one before. It takes time to become American. But all of those always wanted their children to speak English, out of pride and loyalty to their new home. I hope the current crop follows suit.

Our diversity is one of the things that made us great.

There are a few that are criminals, but no more per capita than the US citizens.

I'm sorry and this may get me slapped down a bit, but simply put 100% of them ARE criminals by virtue of the fact that they've blatently broken immigration law to be here in the first place. Don't get it twisted.

You sure do like throwing around that "racist" label, huh? I just stated an opinion based on facts. Let me break it down for you, techbrute.

I am born and raised in California and have been here my whole life. Do you live in California? From you viewpoint it seems not. Maybe since your name contains "tech" you live in the very affluent Silicon Valley, in which case you are completely removed from reality and I understand your horribly skewed viewpoint. Let me sprinkle some truth and reality into it:

Illegal immigrants DO get special privileges here. They usually DO NOT have car insurance, a drivers' license nor car registration.

Police usually DO NOT impound their "throw away" cars because it's costs more to impound them then they will get from the jalopy at auction. This is a fact confirmed first hand by many police officers, sheriff's deputies and CHP in California. It is standard practice now due to lack of money in the state coffers to either simply let them go, or they can have a "friend" with a license and insurance come pick up their car for them. US Citizens? Impounded immediately.

Illegal immigrants do not pay payroll or income taxes, they work "under the table" at jobs that teenage Americans used to do--fast food, retail, etc. That is lost tax revenue, and a loss of early job training for teens to develop their work ethic.

Illegal immigrants, despite not paying into the system, get a FREE education for their MANY children, get FREE healthcare and overcrowd emergency rooms so much that many close down, often get public assistance through illegal and fraudulent means, and are usually at least 50% of the LAPD's MOST WANTED LIST---for the past 20 YEARS.
(http://www.lapdonline.org/top_ten_most_wanted --and they are often of 100% Hispanic descent)

Illegal immigrants send a large percentage of their wages to their home country, thus exporting American wealth abroad. They wire the money they never paid taxes on out of the country. That money will not be spent in the United States.

Illegal immigrants do not learn English, and MY TAX dollars are used to print materials in their native tongue for them, enabling their complete lack of effort at assimilating.

Take a drive through Central California, go through Fresno and Bakersfield. YOU WILL BE SHOCKED. It looks like the worst parts of Mexico. Shanty towns, open sewers, NO REGULATIONS WHATSOEVER. Can a US citizen get away with that? NOPE.

Seriously OPEN YOUR EYES. No other immigrant group in our history has taken so much and given back so little.

FACTS are not racist, and I do not subscribe to the "politically correct" agenda. TRUTH is greater than being politically correct. Always has been, always will be.

Last edited:
Definitely a lot of California bashing. Most of it seems to come from folks who don't live here. Interesting how the view must be from the cheap seats. Instead, many of us choose to stay, fight the good fight and press on. Cowards retreat and give ground, which is what everyone is doing when they say "I wouldn't move there" and "Fuck them, let them have it". SMH...you guys (bashing) are part of the problem, not part of the solution...
We tell us something good then.
I love a good second amendment story.

They do jobs that others won't do.... Really.... I totally disagree. You should come to Erie, PA. There are white people doing all the so called "Mexicans jobs" here.

The issue comes down to fundamentals. Society in California now rely on the banks of these poor people while our legal poor rely on the backs of us tax payers. The Left and liberals are the ones holding down and back these people. By not securing the border and fixing the real issue the slavery continues.

The solution is to seal the borders and let them self deport. Then end the free hand outs to the free loaders. We need to encourage a work ethic again and not encourage government dependance.

Let's get more radical... Let the inmates pay there way while in jail. Let them cover their own costs so they learn the value of real work and not crime. They can fix the roads, build things and pick the food.

So do they do jobs others won't do... If course that's because the others don't want to work nor do they need to or want to.

They do jobs that others won't do.... Really.... I totally disagree. You should come to Erie, PA. There are white people doing all the so called "Mexicans jobs" here.

The issue comes down to fundamentals. Society in California now rely on the banks of these poor people while our legal poor rely on the backs of us tax payers. The Left and liberals are the ones holding down and back these people. By not securing the border and fixing the real issue the slavery continues.

The solution is to seal the borders and let them self deport. Then end the free hand outs to the free loaders. We need to encourage a work ethic again and not encourage government dependance.

Let's get more radical... Let the inmates pay there way while in jail. Let them cover their own costs so they learn the value of real work and not crime. They can fix the roads, build things and pick the food.

So do they do jobs others won't do... If course that's because the others don't want to work nor do they need to or want to.

Please move to California and run for Governor. PLEASE.

Haha. I would love to be governor. I have considered the house. I have been to Washington several times and meet with senators and house reps... Mostly they don't care. They are worried about reelection. But hey I will keep you updated. I am not very P. C. but I think I have great ideas. If course they are not new. They are just an appreciation for all things good. My parents and grand parents taught me well. I even learned respect. Crazy I know but I respect teachers, police officers, doctors etc.

I work in the ER, so I have a good understanding of why this country is failing.

It does bring me to a point I made in this thread already... We should not shy away from what we know is right. All of us should support our brethren in California. We have chosen to live here for various and personal reasons. Many think we are nuts... But I think PA, is nuts so it is just one opinion versus another. I love California and want it to be what it can be. It could be a leader in solutions... Right now they think they are heading down the right track... We all know it is going backwards. Solution = lower taxes, cut spending DRASTICALLY, seal the border, put everyone back to work. Boot the epa and gun laws.

I could go on and on. :)

We tell us something good then.
I love a good second amendment story.

Uhh....Peruta vs. County of San Diego? You might want to read the news more often, instead of barfing talking points. California ain't a gun lover's heaven, but hey, we're trying (which is more than I can say for folks talking crap from the cheap seats...)

This is sickening.. Moving from TX to CA?? wtf I didn't know they had any jobs left.

Uhh....Peruta vs. County of San Diego? You might want to read the news more often, instead of barfing talking points. California ain't a gun lover's heaven, but hey, we're trying (which is more than I can say for folks talking crap from the cheap seats...)

Yes, after you move here please support the CalGuns foundation, the NRA (if you aren't already), and VOTE, VOTE, VOTE! Gun owners are a minority in California, but we are an organized and vocal minority.
And if you recall, the USA is a democratic republic, NOT a democracy, the chief difference being that Democratic Republics are designed to "protect the minority from the tyranny of the majority."

Defend the republic from all enemies, foreign AND DOMESTIC. For example: In the past week I have sent out over 40 emails, 12 snail mail letters, and 4 phone calls to elected representatives regarding AB1563, which tries to get ALL of California on the same page when it comes to CCW....We just lost today, but we will try again!

No sign of the OP huh?

Born and Raised in SoCal. Best weather in the World. I'll miss that the most. I'm taking a pay cut to move to TX in 2 months

Wow, you guys really got it goin' on. :eek:

No sign of the OP huh?

Born and Raised in SoCal. Best weather in the World. I'll miss that the most. I'm taking a pay cut to move to TX in 2 months

TX is much cheaper then Cal. So unless you are taking a huge pay cut you will most likely come out ahead. Weather on the other hand...not so much.....

Every group of immigrants that ever came here were at first isolated into neighborhoods where they could feel safe with their own. The Germans, Italians, Irish, just about any you can name did it. The following generations each became a little less foreign than the one before. It takes time to become American. But all of those always wanted their children to speak English, out of pride and loyalty to their new home. I hope the current crop follows suit.

Our diversity is one of the things that made us great.

You missed (purposely?) a couple of points.

1. I didn't attack diversity. I attacked divison through resistance to assimilate. My point was clear, but yet you wanted to tease out the whole 'together we're stronger'. If they don't become American - as in culture, attitude, laws - then it's division.

2. The history lesson you passed out was fun, but wrong. It does NOT take time to be American. There is not 'behaviour' pattern of American other than what's outlined in the Constitution and the attitude of self-determination. Self-determination and all the freedoms it implies was a compelling draw to those Germans, Irish and what nots. That's American and it's got nothing to do with language per se. However, the means, methods and process by which the institution of America can continue to provide for self-determination across all citizens is exactly that - citizens united by some basic tenents of which language is key amongst others. Mexicans threatening to 'fuck up' a white kid who wears a T-Shirt with the American flag on it on Cinqo de Mayo is NOT assimilating. Illegals waving the flags of their countries of origin in the country that they fled those same places is WRONG.

I'm not natural born American, I'm an immigrant but I'm nothing now other than American. No prefix needed as it would just dilute one of the best things about me.

Let me ask you this - do you think having everything duplicated in Spanish is helping? Is this the 'it takes time' in effect or is this the pandering to a demographic that thinks its sheer numbers entitles it to deny its responsibility to respect the country that has given it opportunities and security that their own did not?

Our unity makes us great - our experiences and knowledge of the world makes us formidable, our growing division and loss of the American ideal and identity will degrade us.

TX is much cheaper then Cal. So unless you are taking a huge pay cut you will most likely come out ahead. Weather on the other hand...not so much.....

Yeah I wouldn't be doing it if the math didn't work out in my favor

I recently accepted an offer for work in a company in Cupertino, CA.
I have considered selling off my firearms due to the very constrictive laws CA has and continues to push.

Can you help to chime in with your experience in the area (hopefully you live there), to give me info on:

1. The shooting community there
2. Semi auto rifles that would be legal there (I mostly own .308, some .223)
3. Reloading ability and component availability (out of state mail ordering, etc) - ease of doing it vs selling my equipment
4. Places to shoot (ranges, etc)
5. Anything else I would need/want to be aware of (like are people going to freak out if I have reloading hardware in garage, etc).
6. How liberal is the place, really?

In essence, I am interested in any info that would help in making my decisions to sell or keep/take with me to CA.

Really appreciate your help.

When moving into the state all your guns are grandfathered in. Except for the Cans, 50 BMG, threaded pistols..

Reloading equipment I have better luck finding it here then other places. There is plenty of .22 around me and I'm in Southern Orange County. You just need to know where to look.

Ranges... just find some BLM land and you will be good to go. The only downside is all the money you will make compared to Texas will be paid in taxes!

Also if there is a pistol you really want get it now. We have a roster of DOJ approved handguns and if your not a LEO your not getting anything that is not on that roster without hoops. Also they are just starting to require microstamping on all new handguns to be added to the roster. You also will not be able to purchase any firearm outside of CA. You can buy it but it needs to be shipped to a CA FFL for wait and transfer.

I had a buddy move to Texas. He said your liberals are like our conservatives.

It's possible to get non-roster pistols via single shot exemption (converting the gun to a single shot and giving it a long barrel - all this requires is a field strip and a mag block). However, not every FFL will do these, and some charge more for this service.

Also, transfers here are taxed (CA BOE gone full retard). Furthermore, FFLs here seem to charge a lot for transfers. You have to pay [the extortion state] a $25 registration fee each time, then deal with the FFL's fees (including tax, you may end up paying anywhere north of $75-100+ to transfer).

As for CCW, in LA County it's well known that Sheriff Baca gave away CCWs to his friends and campaign supporters. The Peruta decision (San Diego CCW case involving "good cause") is in our favor, however the state and counties are naturally giving us the run-around. Some other counties are practically shall-issue though.

Last edited:
If you dont like the company of a bunch of metrosexual hipsters and commie government breathing down your back, this here great state of GA will welcome you with open arms. While yall got yer legislators and judges arguing whether the people should have the ability to think for themselves and whether they want to conceal carry, it just became legal in GA to carry in bars, churches, campuses, etc. I know some of yall Californians may think these to be the backward ways of a hillbilly but come on down south when you get sick of all the crazies out there, and make sure to bring all your firearms here with you where youre among allies. "An armed society is a polite society" or some such, Id say the majority of adults I talked to as a kid growing up had a firearm in their hand or within arm`s reach most of the time. Just the nature of being out in the woods; having a rifle close by seems natural.

You missed (purposely?) a couple of points.

1. I didn't attack diversity. I attacked divison through resistance to assimilate. My point was clear, but yet you wanted to tease out the whole 'together we're stronger'. If they don't become American - as in culture, attitude, laws - then it's division.
We have always taken on small bits of other cultures brought by immigrants. Octoberfest, St., Patricks Day, Mardi Gras, Cinco De Mayo. Regionally we have many different festivals and celebrations based on culture the immigrants brought here. Our food even reflects it.

2. The history lesson you passed out was fun, but wrong. It does NOT take time to be American. There is not 'behaviour' pattern of American other than what's outlined in the Constitution and the attitude of self-determination. Self-determination and all the freedoms it implies was a compelling draw to those Germans, Irish and what nots. That's American and it's got nothing to do with language per se. However, the means, methods and process by which the institution of America can continue to provide for self-determination across all citizens is exactly that - citizens united by some basic tenents of which language is key amongst others. Mexicans threatening to 'fuck up' a white kid who wears a T-Shirt with the American flag on it on Cinqo de Mayo is NOT assimilating. Illegals waving the flags of their countries of origin in the country that they fled those same places is WRONG.
We will just have to disagree. As far as the flags and shirt goes ignorance is present in all peoples.

I'm not natural born American, I'm an immigrant but I'm nothing now other than American. No prefix needed as it would just dilute one of the best things about me.
To forget ones heritage is not only not natural, but it is disrespectful to forget ones origins.

Let me ask you this - do you think having everything duplicated in Spanish is helping? Is this the 'it takes time' in effect or is this the pandering to a demographic that thinks its sheer numbers entitles it to deny its responsibility to respect the country that has given it opportunities and security that their own did not?
I live in a place where the Hispanic influence is large even to the point of Spanish billboards. When I see a billboard in Spanish I just refuse to buy that product ever again. Even if I like it or think it is the best one. That is how I protest. If more people did that you would see less and less of them.

Our unity makes us great - our experiences and knowledge of the world makes us formidable, our growing division and loss of the American ideal and identity will degrade us.
Look at all the great discoveries in science and technology that have come from the USA....then look at the people who made them happen. You will see a very large amount of diversity.

To keep on topic, California is a very diverse place but it is part of the USA like it or not.

Last edited:
Best of luck to you. I know someone that lives there. I can honestly say there is NO amount of money that make me even CONSIDER moving out there.

The biggest problem moving from TX to CA is all the moving trucks are going the opposite direction.

You should be able to get a good deal. I have a friend who moved from TX to CA and he got a deal on a u haul truck. However, they got him ($$) on the way back when he and his family decided they couldn't take it any more.

Last edited:
[MENTION=52060]doctordoctor[/MENTION]

I have never been to Eire PA. However, when I went to WVU I met some people who lived there and they couldn't wait to get a way from there. I grew up in West Chester, PA and it was nice. During the winters you could go snow boarding at the mountains and during the summer you could go to the shore. I know it's not like CA when you can go snow boarding and then head to the beach to surf if the winds are offshore. But from everything I have heard about Eire, PA I don't blame you for wanting to get out of there. Good luck to you.

You should be able to get a good deal. I have a friend who moved from TX to CA and he got a deal on a u haul truck. However, they got him ($$) on the way back when he and his family decided they couldn't take it any more.

Don't worry, I won't be taking up any trucks going to Kommiefornia.

[MENTION=52060]doctordoctor[/MENTION]

I have never been to Eire PA. However, when I went to WVU I met some people who lived there and they couldn't wait to get a way from there. I grew up in West Chester, PA and it was nice. During the winters you could go snow boarding at the mountains and during the summer you could go to the shore. I know it's not like CA when you can go snow boarding and then head to the beach to surf if the winds are offshore. But from everything I have heard about Eire, PA I don't blame you for wanting to get out of there. Good luck to you.

Don't let doctordoctor fool you... He is a sponger! A Sponger is a guy that body boards... or as everyone not from the beach calls boogie boarding. He can stay in Erie, one less guy to snake when we are out in the ocean. But we will take his tax money to help pay for all the illegals.

Don't let doctordoctor fool you... He is a sponger! A Sponger is a guy that body boards... or as everyone not from the beach calls boogie boarding. He can stay in Erie, one less guy to snake when we are out in the ocean. But we will take his tax money to help pay for all the illegals.

Well the he can go to the Wedge.