• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Sidearms & Scatterguns Moving to Cali, which handguns would you take?

RockSteady

Private
Minuteman
Aug 8, 2008
East Texas
Well my work maybe taking me from the great state of Texas to Cali... Work calls I guess.

From what I understand, you can bring whatever handgun into the state. The handgun "roster" only applies to buy INSIDE Cali from a FFL dealer.

In this case, which handguns would you buy/take?

Somethings to consider:
- 10 round capacity
- There are alot of handguns off the "roster", so this maybe my only chance of having one of those.

Let's here your thoughts!

Re: Moving to Cali, which handguns would you take?

I would not move to Cali.....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: THUNDERBOLT68</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would not move to Cali..... </div></div>

Ya I hear ya... But it's the next "step" for me. I don't plan to live there for too long!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Garcia</div><div class="ubbcode-body">STI, STI, STI enough said!!!</div></div>

Could you be more specific? =)

STI 2011's or 1911's? Full guns? Lower's?

STI in either configuration is not on the "Approved" handgun lists so with that being said you have your choice being out of state now to purchase them. I would buy a 2011 either frame kit or built gun you cant go wrong.

Yea Cali is lame... glad I got out when I did.

My XD I just bought the other day has lables all over it letting everyone know it's illegal in california. Lame... Get what you can now! whatever you can...

<span style="font-style: italic"><span style="font-weight: bold">Make sure you get some of these installed, you don't want to stand out in "Da Hood"! LOL</span></span>

homeboysights.jpg

What, if any, handguns do you currently own, like, or have experience with. As it is your question is pretty wide open.

Are you looking for something to use in a HD capacity? Competition? Other?

Are you thinking that this is your opportunity to own some super great pistol that you may not be able to buy once inside CA?

Take as many STI frames into Cali as you can. They're like hen's teeth there.