• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Sidearms & Scatterguns Mp5/Clone question

Doc68

I'm an asshole....
Minuteman
  • Feb 17, 2014
    USA
    For the people that may own one. Have you had any issues with Hollow points feeding or such? Do you guys run HP for SD or just ball ammo?

Thanks

Doc

I hav
    For the people that may own one. Have you had any issues with Hollow points feeding or such? Do you guys run HP for SD or just ball ammo?

Thanks

Doc
    I have a clone. The PTR II
    No feeding issues with anything. I have tried and I just feed in out of the misc box so it gets fmj RN, Flat nose, and HP.
    No feed issues but I don't run it for SD just to play with as a UTV pistol since it sits on the dash perfect with a can

Reactions: Doc68
    I’ve shot HP ammo in several clones and factory MP5s. I’ve never had an issue with HP ammo in either type. I’ve read that HK changed from the straight mag to the curved mag for better reliability when shooting HP ammo. In general it is hard to beat ball ammo for reliability...

I have an SP5 and have never had any failures or feeding issues with it (barring shooter caused failures); I'm closing in on 10K rounds with it. I don't often shoot HP with it, but none ever failed. Like 1moaoff, I don't use it for SD so it mostly sees FMJ or flat nose subs.

I have a clone and it eats everything so far. I run it full time supressed with a SF Ryder 9 and currently I am running Hornady 147 gr XTP subs. Shoots great.

My PTR had a few failures with some flatnose subs while suppressed, the gun was filthy dirty at the time and I haven't had it back out to try it again since then. Ball has been flawless.

Thanks

Doc
    What brand? A few ptrs in have seen run flawless with German carriers and bolts but would be jamomatics with the ptr guts

Sp5 master race.....

IMG-20211030-WA0007~2.jpg

I have two of the Century AP5’s, they never had a problem feeding anything. Even coated lead reloads are no problem for these guns.

Oh I. Want FA for sure.

what is the current pricing

doc

Yea, that's what turned me off. Like all FA transferable the time to get into that was years ago. Best choice now is dealer samples but even those are pricy.
    No the time is now. Due to the fixed number of transferables...prices will continue to rise. 100K+ MP5s and 80K M16s will be here soon enough.

Reactions: Texascbr
    No the time is now. Due to the fixed number of transferables...prices will continue to rise. 100K+ MP5s and 80K M16s will be here soon enough.

I just meant from a financial standpoint. Investment wise you are correct unless some sort of weird law gets put in place.

Yeah, no....🤣🤣🤣

Doc
    But I believe that the serialized part is the trigger pack. Buddy of mine has a transferable HK trigger pack and it fits in all kinds of things. Mp5, 51k, 53k, etc. he has a bunch of different builds of each and just moves the trigger pack around.

Honestly I’d rather have a transferable HK trigger pack than a m16 lower if I could only pick one

But I believe that the serialized part is the trigger pack. Buddy of mine has a transferable HK trigger pack and it fits in all kinds of things. Mp5, 51k, 53k, etc. he has a bunch of different builds of each and just moves the trigger pack around.

Honestly I’d rather have a transferable HK trigger pack than a m16 lower if I could only pick one

Yea tha 35k is just for the triggerpack.

It is my pretty strong understanding that it is the auto sear itself that is the NFA controlled item. It lives inside of the trigger pack. So, even though the trigger pack is commonly referred to (and maybe in practice) as the "registered" item, that is not really the case. As I understand, in the early to mid 80's, guys like S&H, Vollmer and Fleming saw the writing on the wall and furiously built as many (serialized) auto sears as fast as they could. Further, I seem to recall that those auto sears (were and are considered a registered item/machine gun) were selling as transferrables in the neighborhood of $250.00 each. The trigger packs, while quite functional, were a nightmare to try and install/remove the autosear repeatedly. You really only wanted to have to do it once. That is why you will see autosears live in one trigger pack and it sure is convenient as hell to be able to move the trigger pack (and it's associated auto sear) from various different HK platforms. Here's a pic of an HK autosear;

HK autosear.jpeg

You'll notice the S/N engraved on the top of it. It is that which was registered and the $200.00 Tax Stamp paid and issued for. The trigger pack was/is just a vehicle by which to utilize the auto sear.

Here's a Rock Island auction listing for an "SEF" "trigger pack" (much more importantly, with auto sear), manufactured by S&H and realized a sale price of $34,500.00. Yes, that little piece of metal (with it's associated "free/NC" trigger pack).
    There was an old joke going around in relation to pre-86 transferrable MP-5's. You could spend $35,000.00 for the auto sear (above pic) and the seller would throw in the gun and trigger pack for free.....Almost makes you want to faint. Had I been clarvoyant in the early 80's, I would have bought up every Fleming/Vollmer auto sear I could get my hands on. Oh well, that and a few '67 Z-28's.

I do not claim to be an expert and my memory is shitty. So in terms of the above, I could be wrong, YMMV. There are probably guys here that are much better versed in the details than I.

Reactions: AngryKoala
    It is my pretty strong understanding that it is the auto sear itself that is the NFA controlled item. It lives inside of the trigger pack. So, even though the trigger pack is commonly referred to (and maybe in practice) as the "registered" item, that is not really the case. As I understand, in the early to mid 80's, guys like S&H, Vollmer and Fleming saw the writing on the wall and furiously built as many (serialized) auto sears as fast as they could. Further, I seem to recall that those auto sears (were and are considered a registered item/machine gun) were selling as transferrables in the neighborhood of $250.00 each. The trigger packs, while quite functional, were a nightmare to try and install/remove the autosear repeatedly. You really only wanted to have to do it once. That is why you will see autosears live in one trigger pack and it sure is convenient as hell to be able to move the trigger pack (and it's associated auto sear) from various different HK platforms. Here's a pic of an HK autosear;

View attachment 7755243
    You'll notice the S/N engraved on the top of it. It is that which was registered and the $200.00 Tax Stamp paid and issued for. The trigger pack was/is just a vehicle by which to utilize the auto sear.

Here's a Rock Island auction listing for an "SEF" "trigger pack" (much more importantly, with auto sear), manufactured by S&H and realized a sale price of $34,500.00. Yes, that little piece of metal.
    There was an old joke going around in relation to pre-86 transferrable MP-5's. You could spend $35,000.00 for the auto sear (above pic) and the seller would throw in the gun and trigger pack for free.....Almost makes you want to faint. Had I been clarvoyant in the early 80's, I would have bought up every Fleming/Vollmer auto sear I could get my hands on. Oh well, that and a few '67 Z-28's.

I do not claim to be an expert and my memory is shitty. So in terms of the above, I could be wrong, YMMV. There are probably guys here that are much better versed in the details than I.

Why 67 and not a 69 Z28, just curious?

A buddy had one. In red. It was beautiful. I was going to buy it, just couldn't get more than 90% of the money together at any one time.
    Ah okay. I've always been partial to the 69, navy blue with the white stripe. Can't imagine what they go for now. When I was looking a good condition one was 25k but that was a long time ago.

How long did Form 1 take?

Not my gun, but I just got filed three F1s at the beginning of November and got back two around Thanksgiving.

The key to happiness with Form 1s is to get several of them going, and then entertain yourself with each one as it's approved.

Last edited:
    • Haha
    Reactions: clcustom1911