• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing MP7 stock trouble

Da Jimmer

Private
Minuteman
Mar 2, 2020
I was shooting with a friend today and the poor fellow has an MP7. The stock would randomly collapse. Sometimes it would hold, then the next time it just collapses. Couldn't see anything wrong with the locking mechanism or the cut outs on the rails. Does anyone have any experience with this? Someone like Horta must have a couple kicking around?

I was shooting with a friend today and the poor fellow has an MP7. The stock would randomly collapse. Sometimes it would hold, then the next time it just collapses. Couldn't see anything wrong with the locking mechanism or the cut outs on the rails. Does anyone have any experience with this? Someone like Horta must have a couple kicking around?
I assume there's a spring and locking piece is the spring too weak or the locking piece not falling into place?

Locking piece isn't the right word, but it works for now.

That's about the best I can figure. I could smack it around and it would lock, I would shoot, then he would pick it up, squeeze the trigger and within the first 4 rounds it would collapse on him. Bugger is the gun only has 200 rounds through it. 🤷🏻‍♂️