• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA 6.5CM

Lyle Nguyen

Private
Minuteman
May 3, 2022
Louisiana
Hey everybody!

New to the bolt action world. Acquired my first pre-custom built MPA. I unfortunately have no knowledge of the actual platform or several of the pieces. Some of the parts added are:

Leupold Mark 5HD
Atlas bipod with RRS
Two Vets QDT Tripod
Ultimatum Precision Action
Ultimatum Precision 22” barrel

Any info would be greatly appreciated.
(Disclaimer: Rifle or parts are not for sale.)

Attachments

• 598F9B50-0CEB-4C10-A243-746AE4972EAB.jpeg
    598F9B50-0CEB-4C10-A243-746AE4972EAB.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 131
This is an interesting question. Without being flippant, just what really is your question?

From what I can tell, it is a bolt action rifle, chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, it has a bipod installed and the scope installed.

Most here could write a book on how to get started shooting. My suggestion, schedule a Recision Rifle Coruse, such as one offered at Altus (Intro to Precision Rifle), or K&M Rifle Training. (These are examples of just two, there are many ranges and programs offering such courses throughout the country) (as always NDIH)

Whatever you do, if you don’t know what you are doing, or don’t know what you have, get some help from someone wIth real knowledge, nto just some fellow at the local bar who says he is a real marksmen. The folks who built the rifle are a good place to start (to ask where to find help).

Reactions: Lyle Nguyen
This is an interesting question. Without being flippant, just what really is your question?

From what I can tell, it is a bolt action rifle, chambered in 6.5 Creedmoor, it has a bipod installed and the scope installed.

Most here could write a book on how to get started shooting. My suggestion, schedule a Recision Rifle Coruse, such as one offered at Altus (Intro to Precision Rifle), or K&M Rifle Training. (These are examples of just two, there are many ranges and programs offering such courses throughout the country) (as always NDIH)

Whatever you do, if you don’t know what you are doing, or don’t know what you have, get some help from someone wIth real knowledge, nto just some fellow at the local bar who says he is a real marksmen. The folks who built the rifle are a good place to start (to ask where to find help).
Yeah, so I really don’t know what I have as far as “quality”. Is this thing just like another “Glock” in the BA world of what? Things of that sort. I know physically what I have by name. But knowledge on the companies is little to none. For instance, people rave about ZEV technologies for aftermarket parts for glocks, etc.

Yeah, so I really don’t know what I have as far as “quality”. Is this thing just like another “Glock” in the BA world of what? Things of that sort. I know physically what I have by name. But knowledge on the companies is little to none. For instance, people rave about ZEV technologies for aftermarket parts for glocks, etc.
1651587446758.gif

Reactions: DangerRanger
You have a high end rifle that is made of good parts

if I was to force analogies which I don’t like to do it would be more like a shadow 2 than a Glock.

Is it the highest end build out there? Not necessarily but it’s also not off it necessarily either it’s a rifle made of a good custom action, a good aftermarket chassis and a solid barrel

So much of precision rifle is finding one of the many great pieces that fits *your* needs and preferences vs an imaginary betterness. There’s many good chassis out there, yours is one of them.

It’s a nice rifle, and a nice kit as a whole.

Lol just throwing an example out there. Not necessarily speaking for the mass. Just trying to learn here.
You have a high end rifle that is made of good parts

if I was to force analogies which I don’t like to do it would be more like a shadow 2 than a Glock.

Is it the highest end build out there? Not necessarily but it’s also not off it necessarily either it’s a rifle made of a good custom action, a good aftermarket chassis and a solid barrel

So much of precision rifle is finding one of the many great pieces that fits *your* needs and preferences vs an imaginary betterness. There’s many good chassis out there, yours is one of them.

It’s a nice rifle, and a nice kit as a whole.
I appreciate that. I used Glock as analogy only because they’re such common pistols. They’re great and reliable guns, but I feel they’re like any other pistol. Then you start getting to your higher end competition pistols and notice how much of a difference in quality it is.

To make a long story short, I was trying to figure out where MPA sat on the tier levels of the rifle world.

It's a nice rig and the MPA crew are shooters. There are a lot of mpa chassis's used in comps.

If all factory, will be a curtis action and x caliber barrel.

My friend, if that rifle is in your hands and you can't tell that you have a quality fire arm, something is very wrong.

Reactions: Sstanley223
The rifle is fine - chassis is quite good actually. Starting out you are the weak link - much more so than that rifle.

Start shooting regularly, take a couple of courses as others have mentioned, and learn to shoot consistently. Once you get there you'll know what you need to change on the rifle. Buying stuff now won't change this.

If you just want to name drop high end stuff and act like you're some swingin' dick badass buy an AI and post it all over social media.

Last edited: