• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Training Courses MPA BA Academy – Pennsylvania – Intro to Long Range Class

Not 100% yet... that’s why I haven’t jumped yet. Now leaning to Aug due to sched.

you?

Was hoping to do the June training...waiting(purchased online) on a gun to show up to use.... should be here this week. Then the buddy that was going to go with me said something came up and he cannot go now. It will depend if I can get the scope mounted and sighted in before the June training.

I just ran across this thread tonight . Crazy thing is , I just spoke to these guys today . I'm finally ready [ equipment wise ] to learn the long range trade . I'll assume I made a wise choice on clubs considering the cliental on this site .

I'll be going up tomorrow to get a membership. Hopefully I'll be zeroed in and ready for August .

Make sure you spray your gear with Sawyer's tick repellent.

Reactions: 4X4Dad
Figured I’d give an update. Due to the COVID-19 stuff and everything being cancelled and stuff getting rescheduled we cancelled/moved the June class and will only be able to fit one introductory course in this year. The dates are August 29/30. I believe there’s only a few spots left.

if I can answer any questions just let me know.

Ken

Figured I’d give an update. Due to the COVID-19 stuff and everything being cancelled and stuff getting rescheduled we cancelled/moved the June class and will only be able to fit one introductory course in this year. The dates are August 29/30. I believe there’s only a few spots left.

if I can answer any questions just let me know.

Ken

Hi Ken . I'm the guy that joined the club last Thursday. I'll be back up this Thursday . I'm starting from scratch with a new rifle and gear . Does the club have a chronograph or do I need to buy my own ? If so , which would you recommend ?
I'm still working on the forms I need to email you. I'll have my daughter fill hers out tomorrow and send them ASAP .

Thanks , Rick .

Hi Ken . I'm the guy that joined the club last Thursday. I'll be back up this Thursday . I'm starting from scratch with a new rifle and gear . Does the club have a chronograph or do I need to buy my own ? If so , which would you recommend ?
I'm still working on the forms I need to email you. I'll have my daughter fill hers out tomorrow and send them ASAP .

Thanks , Rick .
You won't need a chrono unless you start reloading. Magnetospeed v3 is a great option if plan on continuing down this rabbit hole.

You won't need a chrono unless you start reloading. Magnetospeed v3 is a great option if plan on continuing down this rabbit hole.

Like I said , I'm new to this . If I don't chronograph , how do I know the specific information to feed into a ballistic app. ?

Like I said , I'm new to this . If I don't chronograph , how do I know the specific information to feed into a ballistic app. ?

Hey Rick,
You can definitely borrow one but if your getting into long range shooting I’d highly recommend picking up a magnetospeed or Labradar. I typically have my Labradar at the range I’ll make sure to bring it a Thursday. Last week was a little hectic since I had to leave for the kids ball game. I will be there the entire time this weeks I if you have more questions just grab me.

Hey Rick,
You can definitely borrow one but if your getting into long range shooting I’d highly recommend picking up a magnetospeed or Labradar. I typically have my Labradar at the range I’ll make sure to bring it a Thursday. Last week was a little hectic since I had to leave for the kids ball game. I will be there the entire time this weeks I if you have more questions just grab me.

Thanks Ken . I realized that last week , so I didn't want to hold you up . I mostly want to figure out how to finish my membership papers . Then work on breaking in the new rifle when everyone is finished .

I’d say the holiday inn express
In Seneca PA. Also look at Franklin Pa I believe there’s a hotel down there

Holiday Inn Express in Cranberry, PA. Be clear that there are TWO Cranberry, PAs. One is technically called Cranberry Township and it is the one you DO NOT want to book at. The other one is simply Cranberry, PA and the front desk phone number is 814-677-2640. Looks to be 1/2 hour away from the range. I've never been to the range or to Cranberry so I have no actual experience with distances.

Reactions: deersniper
Holiday Inn Express in Cranberry, PA. Be clear that there are TWO Cranberry, PAs. One is technically called Cranberry Township and it is the one you DO NOT want to book at. The other one is simply Cranberry, PA and the front desk phone number is 814-677-2640. Looks to be 1/2 hour away from the range. I've never been to the range or to Cranberry so I have no actual experience with distances.
Thanks!

The drive from the Holiday Inn down to the range isn't very far. Less than a half hour. Just be warned....once out get through the 322/257 intersection, there is nothing. No gas, food, drinks etc.

It's the closest hotel and probably the nicest in the county. If you don't smoke, specify a non-smoking room. If I remember correctly, there are some smoking rooms and they are pretty bad...

Were we supposed to get an email Sunday about the course? If so, I didn't receive one.

Yesterday was the anticipated date I was shooting for and I missed it, going To send out an email shortly

Last edited: