• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

MPA BA vs MPA BA competition

bkcorwin

Private
Minuteman
Feb 28, 2018
I'm looking at buying an MPA chassis but am having a hard time figuring out which way to go? I feel like I'd want the monopod, and the competition just adds barricade stops it seems like?

Curious if anyone could steer me in either direction.

Thanks

I have the BA and ended up taking the pod off. Seemed like a good idea until I used it, has to much movement as mine did not lock up tightly.

Thanks, Good comment. Maybe i will go competition chassis. Seems like most people are moving to rear bags vs monopods.

I think if your job has you locked down on the rifle for hours, a mono-pod might make sense.. But not for most.. A bag ends up being way more flexible. Maybe not as "low drag" LOL

Last edited:
The competition chassis also has the magwell cut on the left side.

Take a look at the new "Hybrid" model as well. It's only 3 pounds, but less weight is not helpful during the actual shooting.

Hi thanks, I did look at the hybrid model. I think I like the adjustment wheels of the non hybrid as well as the night vision bridge

There is a red competition chassis listed on the accessories buy sale trade thread on here. Wish it was listed a couple weeks ago I would of bought it, but I just ordered a new one.

Right I saw that one too. Pretty set on new though for the arca rail. Whatd you order?

I ended up going with the BA model. I liked the look and design with the mono pod built in to the chassis. Keep in mind this will be the first MPA chassis that I have owned so I don't know how useful it will be in actual shooting. But I figure I can always use a bag if I don't like it.

Right, thats where Im torn. I will say the upcharge on the comp chassis includes a bunch of "attachments" that seem to have a fair bit of cost.

Right, thats where Im torn. I will say the upcharge on the comp chassis includes a bunch of "attachments" that seem to have a fair bit of cost.
I have the comp and the BA lite,I also just ordered the hybrid with the weight system,They are all great chassis for there intended purpose.If your looking to take advantage of the Swiss cut,those extra attachments on the comp won’t see any use at all,at least mine don’t.

What do you mean by Swiss cut? The mag cut? Not familiar with that term.

I like the competition chassis! Ive never owned the regular BA, just fondled one, but the competition chassis to me gave up nothing and added the magwell cut (which i really do like), and some neat forend features in exchange for the monopod.
I was also in the "i may like a monopod" mindset at first. I bought a monopod for my XLR chassis. Ended up selling it. I didnt like using it much at all. I liked rear bags much more. So to me, the monopod on the BA is more of a con than a pro.

Nice, I guess i'll be the contrarian as I use the monopod on my other 6.5 build a fair bit when bench shooting.

Just ordered a MPA BA chassis in fde.

Worst case scenario I'll make some adpaters and if I really miss the mag well cut I've got a milling machine....

I bought the BA chassis and replaced the monopod with the bag rider w/ flush cup. I much prefer bags to monopods—much more versatile—and the bag rider works well. I do like the easier adjustment on the cheek riser, but not sure that's worth buying the standard BA over the BA Competition.