• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA chassis-does anyone else have to remove their cheek piece to use a bore guide?

BuildingConceptsllc

Don't Start None, won't be none.
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Nov 13, 2020
    Alabama
    I have tried a few guides and the possum hollow fits great, but any of them require me to remove the cheek riser to get the guide in there. Kind of sucks. I also need to figure out some way to get a better feel on my cheek with the riser. Any suggestions or tricks from those who have been running these chassis for a while would be greatly appreciated! I love the chassis, just need to figure this part out.

Sounds like a good excuse to get the folding stock adapter ...

I adjust it all the way down, then you can fit the bore guide in. The folder would b easier, but this isn't exactly hard.

Beats the hell out waiting in line for 3 hours to pay 6$ a gallon for gas or having your ranch over run by illegals. Just saying.

Quick detach works fine.
    I got the quick detach and a boretech bore guide for my MPA comp chassis. The screw for the quick detach still gets in the way.
    A5405090-0C84-479C-A0FC-603522A39CFB.jpeg

Sounds like a good excuse to get the folding stock adapter ...

Yeah I think this is the most likely resolution... but I have 2 identical set ups in different calibers, and different colors. That would be 2 folders. Maybe should just sell em and get 2krg? I have hybrids so not sure of the weight of others.

Couldn't I get the folder for the BA comp and put it on my hybrid so I'd get the thumbwheels back? I miss those

Thankfully I don’t have to remove mine, but I do have to put it all the way down to run a bore guide.

Reactions: sjmpcc022
    I have to remove my buttpad too. I have it set at one of the higher positions.

Thankfully I don’t have to remove mine, but I do have to put it all the way down to run a bore guide.

Yeah I can do that too but still have to move it all the way down so... guess I either need toget the quick detach or a folder

I don’t think you could go wrong with either of those options. I could see myself getting the quick detach personally.

I don’t think you could go wrong with either of those options. I could see myself getting the quick detach personally.

I assume the quick detach makes it so the cheek piece goes back to the same height each time? It's hard to tell what exactly a lot of stuff does or how it does it on their site.

I assume the quick detach makes it so the cheek piece goes back to the same height each time? It's hard to tell what exactly a lot of stuff does or how it does it on their site.
    Yeah I’ve had a time or two when I went on their site found something and then went back later on and couldn’t find it. I do like how Phil will add videos for a lot of their products. It looks like once u get it set to the height you want you can take it on and off and it remains at the spot you had last set it to with the turn wheel.

That's for the ba comp chassis though, the hybrid doesn't have the thumbwheels. That's why I would get a folder though, so I could get the thumbwheels back like I had on my comp chassis. I've got an email into Woody to make sure but I think I could order the kit A folder for a BA comp and install it on my hybrid chassis. Anyone know for sure if that would work like I think it will?

They have some spacers but you can get nylon spacers at Lowe's too so, I may just do that and cut em to length and get some new thumbscrews . One of my chassis I bought off a guy here and the damn thumbscrew were missing. I know they sell those too for like $25.00

I laughed in that video where he says "they spent months with an engineering team" to come up with nylon spacers.... I like mpa a lot and Phil too but that's just over the top man... maybe he was joking?

I completely skipped over the fact you said it was for a hybrid. Reading is fundamental!! I agree, the spent months with a team of engineers comment seems a bit much. If he’s not joking, hopefully he meant finalizing a design or some small detail that delayed the process.

I would think you could swap for the folder, but I personally haven’t handled the hybrid. It looks like the design at the hinge point would be interchangeable, maybe the dimensions are different. Hopefully MPA gets back to you soon. Wish you the best with getting that situated.

Yeah I can do that too but still have to move it all the way down so... guess I either need toget the quick detach or a folder
    Get the folder. With the quick detach, the screw still gets in the way. I got it thinking that it would suffice. It doesn’t. Think I will have to get a folding option installed if I want to clean my rifle without having to remove the cheek riser or the recoil pad lowered.

Get the folder. With the quick detach, the screw still gets in the way. I got it thinking that it would suffice. It doesn’t. Think I will have to get a folding option installed if I want to clean my rifle without having to remove the cheek riser or the recoil pad lowered.

Ok, thank you for letting me know. Even if I could get the cheek piece out of the way, I still get crap all over it when I clean. Kind of like me painting, or really doing anything with a liquid.. I just make a big mess.... The folder is a better option. I just need to find out about the BA comp folder fitting directly on my hybrid chassis now

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
    Reminds me of my mountain bikes and motorcycles. I have to take the wheels off to change the tires.

C' est la vie.

Reactions: sjmpcc022
    I completely skipped over the fact you said it was for a hybrid. Reading is fundamental!! I agree, the spent months with a team of engineers comment seems a bit much. If he’s not joking, hopefully he meant finalizing a design or some small detail that delayed the process.

I would think you could swap for the folder, but I personally haven’t handled the hybrid. It looks like the design at the hinge point would be interchangeable, maybe the dimensions are different. Hopefully MPA gets back to you soon. Wish you the best with getting that situated.

He did get back to me. Said the ba comp folder would fit, but it was "1/6 wider than the hybrid"

I replied late today asking about the "1/6" to see if that was a typo. I'm hoping it was and it's 1/16. I could probably angle that much out and cerakote it and have a good looking rig. Will update when I find out more.

He did get back to me. Said the ba comp folder would fit, but it was "1/6 wider than the hybrid"

I replied late today asking about the "1/6" to see if that was a typo. I'm hoping it was and it's 1/16. I could probably angle that much out and cerakote it and have a good looking rig. Will update when I find out more.

Woody just replied and said it was a typo. Should have read ".06" so that would be a tiny bit less than 1/16", which I can live with and easily sand down an angle and re-kote if it really bothers me.

Woody just replied and said it was a typo. Should have read ".06" so that would be a tiny bit less than 1/16", which I can live with and easily sand down an angle and re-kote if it really bothers me.
    Glad to hear that it’ll work. I would think that would manageable to work with if you wanted to make the fit and finish perfect and more than adequate with a .06 that it would be tough to even notice it. I’d be interested to see what it looks like once you get it installed.

I modified mine to be more qd.
    I was going to order folders but I qould need x7 of them.

On 1 so far I machined the set screw hole larger to accommodate an easier bolt. I removed the adjustment wheels and just use the set bolts now that engage the guides. Made plastic spacers so that when removing I just drop it back on and voila the height is the same.

Same thing on butt pad except no spacer because I made my own plates and they already index to location.

Now pulling cheek and butt are easy peasy

I modified mine to be more qd.
    I was going to order folders but I qould need x7 of them.

On 1 so far I machined the set screw hole larger to accommodate an easier bolt. I removed the adjustment wheels and just use the set bolts now that engage the guides. Made plastic spacers so that when removing I just drop it back on and voila the height is the same.

Same thing on butt pad except no spacer because I made my own plates and they already index to location.

Now pulling cheek and butt are easy peasy

I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this point. I thought I had a plan but I don't know now

I'm not sure what I'm going to do at this point. I thought I had a plan but I don't know now
    I have it easy. I build recycling and the such production lines for a living. So I also have a full machine shop I own. It doesn't cost me anything but my time to play and modify. Which is also why I have so many of each 1 thing. I can modify and replicate after rhat.

After I get back from next work trip I'll try to remember to take some pics of the changes.

After I get back from next work trip I'll try to remember to take some pics of the changes.

Yeah that would be cool. I may end up going a completely different direction and just getting an mdt acc . It's not quite as light weight as my hybrids, Butttttt, I really like the stock. I got to use one a little bit and I just like how it adjusted in a few places. Of course I like the mpa everything else so...