• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA Chassis Scope height question

Triggs75

Private
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2013
NorCal
I currently have a scope and mount that is on one of my rifles and I am looking to get a new chassis for. The new Chassis I am interested in is the MPA Competition chassis and am wondering what height mounts people have on their MPA Chassis rifles?

I currently have a Spuhr 1.38" height mount I am looking to use but think it might be too high. I know each person will be different in what height mount they use because of facial features but would be good to get a general feel.

On my Rem 700 in a stock I use a 1.18" high mount and on my AICS AX 2014 stock I am running 1.5" high mount.

Any help would be appreciated on what you are running on your MPA Chassis

thank you

Chad

I have a 1.18" spuhr on both my MPAs on a TL3 ... hold 34mm optics. Its perfect. The 1.38" will give a little more clearance of the front bridge (I didnt have to remove the bridge or picatinny off the brdige). Its just .2 higher so you will be good.

I am using the American Rifle Company M10 rings (34mm) in the low (24mm) configuration with a Bighorn TL3 action in a MPA Comp Chassiss. I believe they are also listed at 0.94 inches. Scope is a Burris XTR II 5x25. I did remove bridge...

Last edited:
1" 34mm rings on mine with a sig tango 6 5-30x (56mm objective). MPA BA lite factory rifle without the NV bridge

Thanks for the comments. Switching out to the 1.18" mount. Just ordered my moa chassis from them direct and they are about 12 weeks out so I have plenty of time :)

chad

I'm glad this popped up. I was having a similar debate. I'm buying American Rifle Company ARC M10 rings (34mm) for a Burris XTR II 4-20, and I also want to use the sunshade AND clear the NV bridge, so I went with mediums (1.10in). I'm not sure if they'll work but I figured that'd be a good start.

To revive an old thread does the 1.18 mount have enough clearance for scope caps and the NV bridge with the rail on it still? ATACR 7-35 with 56mm objective.

Reactions: jb41291
To revive an old thread does the 1.18 mount have enough clearance for scope caps and the NV bridge with the rail on it still? ATACR 7-35 with 56mm objective.
i run the 1.18, razor gen 2. with sunshade i can keep the NV bridge on, but run it in reverse (no pic). AADMOUNT caps
heavy varmint barrel

digging for old data...thanks google.

anybody know or can help me measure if low rings and a 30mm tube will be able to get above that NV rail...or will i have to remove the pic on top, o or the entire top mount.

low needs to be defined with a height.

also scope length. sunshade. caps all have an impact

sorry, .885 for the lows...current height above bore is 1.875. It looks like it'll fit length wise, even with a sunshade, i'm just trying to figure out if i will need taller rings so i'm not seeing the NV rail through my scope at that height.

I ran an Athlon Ares BTR 4.5-30 on low rings from NF with the long sunshade. Couldn't see the NV bridge and had about a 1/4" of clearance from the bridge. The bell was very close to the barrel though, so depending on what model scope you have and how you position it, it may be an issue. I would personally go with medium height rings.