• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes MPA Competition Rem 700 .308 5-25x50 ring suggestions

FiveOHoss

Private
Minuteman
Oct 2, 2020
Ohio
First post, new to long range. Recently acquired a MPA Competition Remington 700 6.5 Creedmoor. I'm looking at picking up a Vortex PST Gen II 5-25x50 wih EBR-2D for $669.99 on euro optic in MRAD. Fyi they're $649 for MOA. Seems like my best bang for my buck to reach out into the 1000+ yard range until I decide I want to drop 4k on a Zc527. Keep in mind my first choice was the $299 special Strike Eagle 4-24x50 but after all the reading I've done decided I should step it up. Either way, to make a long story longer....does anybody have any scope ring/mount suggestions on this setup? I'm just not sure on the height and quality as this is my first semi long range setup. Thank you in advance!

Something in the .92-1" height should work. Below is a pic of a 700 with an M24 contour barrel and a PST Gen II 5-25 in 1" high rings. With the MPA chassis adjustibility in the cheek piece that would be the safe bet for clearance.

IMG_3215.JPG

If you’re going to a high end scope later, just get the nice mount/rings now. My xtrII is going in a SPUHR until I can upgrade.

If you’re going to a high end scope later, just get the nice mount/rings now. My xtrII is going in a SPUHR until I can upgrade.
Its just that the pst has a 30mm main tube, most other tactical type scopes has a 34mm tube and the mentioned ZCO has a 36mm tube.

So what you are suggesting would not work in this case.

Its just that the pst has a 30mm main tube, most other tactical type scopes has a 34mm tube and the mentioned ZCO has a 36mm tube.

So what you are suggesting would not work in this case.
I was mixing it with the strike eagle I guess. Didn’t know those were 36, just get the zco you’re spending more money in the long run for nothing. You said until you decide to get one, not you can’t afford it just put the 700 towards the better scope.

Thank you all for the responses. Akmike47 you're probably right, buy once cry once, but I'm going to start off with something a little less expensive and when I decide to upgrade I'll throw whatever scope I get now on my 308. I just impulse bought a Q Honey Badger SD so that's where my ZCO money went haha🤦‍♂️. Thanks again guys.