• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

MPA complete rifle?

bikeracer

Formerly Robb57
Minuteman
Aug 10, 2011
I know their chassis are very highly regarded but I'm wondering if anyone here has experience with them building a complete rifle? I am considering their new .224 Valkyrie as a lighter weight alternative to my AI AXMC and AT both in 6.5C and am intrigued in general after shooting a JP gas gun in .224V

thank you in advance for any input.

I know a number of people shooting their complete rifles, but all are in 6.5 or 6 mm. Their rifles shoot, and I consider them a great option IMO.

There are people shooting local matches with their complete rifles. I've shot a couple and they were awesome. Honestly I've never heard one bad thing about MPA, I don't think you can go wrong.

I'm curious about your .224 JP experience. It sounds like you liked it enough to jump into a new rifle, any details you care to share about shooting it? I'm thinking I want a .224 upper. I'll be seeing some of the JP guys in a few weeks, I'm looking forward to talking to them about what they have in the works.

Thanks guys. I shot what I think was a prototype at JP's Blue Steel Ranch - this was alongside my AI 6.5 C for comparison in terms of external ballistics. This was not extensive by any means but it was flat shooting, handled wind well at up to 1000 yds., and had literally no recoil (not that my AI has much if any). This was pushing 90 grainers I believe. I also own a JP SCR 11 in 6.5 G and love that rifle. The MPA would be at least 4 pounds lighter than my AI and given it's ballistic properties would be a great alternative if I'm covering lots of ground.

Bringing an old thread back but just curious if there is any more experience out there with these rifles. I am considering one and would like to hear if anyone else has used one. And if so where is the best place to buy one. So far I've found them at xtreme guns and ammo and the MPA website.

Thanks.

And if so where is the best place to buy one. So far I've found them at xtreme guns and ammo and the MPA website.

My wife has one in 6.5 and it flat out shoots. Bought hers used but their is someone on here that has them listed in the px pretty often, I would check in there.

Hagen

I called Al at MPA and had wanted to order a complete rifle in 6.5. Al said the wait time was quite long. Al mentioned that Core Shooting Solutions had some in stock. I called Core Shooting on 4/14/18 and placed an order for the MPA competition chassis in gunmetal with bighorn TL 3 action, a MPA 26" barrel with the trigger tech trigger. My rifle arrived at FFL on 4/18/18. It does shoot the 3/8 guarantee with handloads.

Attachments

• 20180829_144731.jpg
    20180829_144731.jpg
    336 KB · Views: 26
  • MPA 6.5.jpg
    MPA 6.5.jpg
    705.6 KB · Views: 33